Animated satire 'The Goode Family' go...

Animated satire 'The Goode Family' goes for the 'green' but is ...

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 26, 2009, titled Animated satire 'The Goode Family' goes for the 'green' but is .... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

R eason to watch : "The Goode Family" from Mike Judge , arrives at ABC, which hasn't had an animated series by anyone in a long time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

JBS

United States

#1 May 26, 2009
I'm glad that Goode is never savage toward liberals. Gotta save the scorn and disdain for those who really deserve it, the Christian Taliban who want to destroy the world and enslave and kill everyone who doesn't agree with them. Right, Lefties?

Since: Jan 09

Markham, IL

#2 May 26, 2009
As the writer and director of "Idiocracy," Mike Judge is one of the few people in the world who seem to know where America is really headed. While "green" choices are ultimately for the good, I'm sure Judge has a great take on people who take this trend, and every other trend, too far. I just hope the Disney network doesn't rein him in too much.
next

Barrington, IL

#3 May 27, 2009
i'm looking forward to it. yeah, i bet the one note joke on being green will wear itself out soon, but there's so many sacred cows to attack liberals on that it should be funny. and before you flame me, i'm on the left of things. i actually appreciate whenever any mind set is attacked for being too far off that it doesn't make sense - left of right.
Duh

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#4 May 27, 2009
This show won't be on long because Pelosi and Obama will force it off the air. This should be one of the most amusing half hours on TV. I'm surprised ABC is carrying it though.
Shane

Buford, GA

#5 May 28, 2009
It was a pretty good pilot. Some things I didn't like as much as others (the dog and son are creepy, mainly the dog, but the father and daughter are great). Episode started off a little bit too mocky of the eco-lifestyle (not sure if that's a good idea if you're trying to reel in a broad audience), but took a 180 halfway through the episode and made Christian virgins look crazy.

If you've watched King of the Hill, it reminded me a lot of the Hill family, but reversed, with a bit more bullying of the protagonists. Instead of the traditional, conservative Hills getting caught up in liberal/non-traditional scenarios, you have the liberal Goodes getting caught up in conservative/overly traditional scenarios. By the end of the episode I felt like I just watched bizarro King of the Hill, which definitely wasn't a bad thing.

I'm definitely giving it another go next week... that is if it surpasses the average new show lifespan and survives that long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Judge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why MTV is going back to being MTV Aug 3 Well DUH 1
News MTV launches MTV Classic channel focusing on 19... Jul 28 Seriously 1
News New Episodes of "Beavis and Butt-Head" Coming t... (Feb '11) Jul '12 Beavis and Butthead 3
News Two arrested in connection to seven suspicious ... (May '12) May '12 RTCforILnow 2
News Dog The Bounty Hunter Hears Shocking News When ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Lenny 1
News ABC might pick up 'King of the Hill' (Nov '08) Sep '10 JLang 5
News Beavis and Butt-Head's Second Mike Judge Collec... (Aug '06) Jun '10 sftfsaggfj 2
More from around the web