Thousands Flock To Chick-Fil-A

Thousands Flock To Chick-Fil-A

There are 60 comments on the WLLR-FM Davenport story from Aug 2, 2012, titled Thousands Flock To Chick-Fil-A. In it, WLLR-FM Davenport reports that:

Chick-fil-A is had a busy day yesterday. Across the country, crowds of gay marriage opponents - and supporters - converged on the chain's more than 1,600 locations for "Chick fil-A Appreciation Day," reports the Los Angeles Times .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLLR-FM Davenport.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
disgusted american

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Aug 2, 2012
blah blah blah - it wontlast- so yesterday was "Clog Your Arteries even More day"....one a of Big sales - doesnt a good yr make....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Aug 2, 2012
This is a STUPID form of direct action.

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#3 Aug 2, 2012
Aside from the clogged arteries, isn't it sad that folk will proudly show off their bigotry toward their fellow man in this manner? It would be interesting to take pictures of all those standing in line to purchase their heart attack on a bun and put them up on a Hall of Shame for all the world to see. If they are so righteous that it's okay to persecute their fellow citizens, then they shouldn't mind.

“I'm here to make friends, etc.”

Since: Sep 10

Fernandina Beach, Florida

#4 Aug 2, 2012
I don't understand why Chick-Fil-A feels they are being singled out and discriminated against by the "left wing." No one is telling them they are not entitled to their opinions. How is boycotting a place discrimination?! No one is infringing on their free speech or freedom of religion. What about the left's free speech and freedom of religion? Does the "right wing" only have those rights or do all Americans? Just because my views, speech, and religious beliefs differ from someone else's doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to have my views, freedom of speech, and religion even if they aren't that of A majority. Not all religions, faiths, or churches condemn gays or same-sex marriage. If I choose not to do business with a someone that is my right just like it's their right not to do business with me. If they are against gays why would they want their business in the first place? Why does Chick-Fil-A feel they are being demonized? It seems like they have plenty of business from those who agree with their views. Why do they keep complaining? If I ran a business it would be to sell to customers. I would be neutral and not bring any religion, politics, or social issues into it. I would want all types of customers to feel comfortable doing business there. It seems to me that the business is being hypocritical. They feel they are entitled to their views, beliefs, opinions, freedom of speech, and religious freedom and they are so why do they feel opposing views are not the rights of others and that the business is being discriminated against? I'm glad they did come out about their views because now I have a choice to do business there or not for I know where they stand. I choose not to do business with them. I get so tired of people and businesses that dish stuff out but they get all upset when people dish it back to them. Yes people have freedom of speech and religion but that doesn't mean their aren't consequences for actions taken under those or that everyone is going to agree with them or like them. I know not everyone is going to agree with everything I feel either.

“I'm here to make friends, etc.”

Since: Sep 10

Fernandina Beach, Florida

#5 Aug 2, 2012
*there

“I'm here to make friends, etc.”

Since: Sep 10

Fernandina Beach, Florida

#6 Aug 2, 2012
I've been completely honest about everything to the best of my knowledge. These are solely my opinions and I have not knowingly stated anything false about the business. I'm going by the news I've read online.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#7 Aug 2, 2012
Chick and Cathy are not simply voicing opinions. Their speech is transformed into actions through their donations to groups who work to deny equal legal rights to gay people and their children. They want their religious beliefs to be imposed upon everyone, using the force of law.

"The groups Chick-fil-A gives to include the Family Research Council and Exodus International, according to Equality Matters, an initiative associated with the progressive Watchdog group, Media Matters. The Family Research Council is designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, while Exodus International is a Christian Ministry that has long endorsed ex-gay therapy, a controversial practice of "curing" gay people that mainstream mental health organizations have disavowed.(In recent months, the president of Exodus has tried to distance his group from the idea that gay people can be "cured.") " http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/chic...
SPEEDIEG

Atlanta, GA

#8 Aug 2, 2012
Man I am really not liking Chic Fil A and the nuts who support them. This is not about free speech it is about supporting a company that directly funds GLBT Hate Groups. No one seems to care about this. These hate groups tell lies about GAY people to support their false positions, bearing false witness is breaking the 9th commandment. By association all of these Chic Fil A supporters are breaking the 9th commandment. This is a major sin. What will GOD think about that.

“I beleave in reason not god”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9 Aug 2, 2012
disgusted american wrote:
blah blah blah - it wontlast- so yesterday was "Clog Your Arteries even More day"....one a of Big sales - doesnt a good yr make....
actually there sales has been thou the roof sense this stared, and are for there best year ever.
Pam

Grove City, PA

#10 Aug 2, 2012
Got one question: Did the gays get the water they waited so long for? The Bible verse cited in the video urging people to go to Chik-Fil-A and ask for water was Proverbs 25:21

21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.

They completely ignored the next verse which is:

22 In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you.

I suspect they got their water as Chik-Fil-A was very, very rewarded.

“I beleave in reason not god”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#11 Aug 2, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Chick and Cathy are not simply voicing opinions. Their speech is transformed into actions through their donations to groups who work to deny equal legal rights to gay people and their children. They want their religious beliefs to be imposed upon everyone, using the force of law.
"The groups Chick-fil-A gives to include the Family Research Council and Exodus International, according to Equality Matters, an initiative associated with the progressive Watchdog group, Media Matters. The Family Research Council is designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, while Exodus International is a Christian Ministry that has long endorsed ex-gay therapy, a controversial practice of "curing" gay people that mainstream mental health organizations have disavowed.(In recent months, the president of Exodus has tried to distance his group from the idea that gay people can be "cured.") " http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/chic...
what about company that give money in support pro-gay groups do they have that right or are gays just hypocrites

“I beleave in reason not god”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#12 Aug 2, 2012
John Crews wrote:
I don't understand why Chick-Fil-A feels they are being singled out and discriminated against by the "left wing." No one is telling them they are not entitled to their opinions. How is boycotting a place discrimination?! No one is infringing on their free speech or freedom of religion. What about the left's free speech and freedom of religion? Does the "right wing" only have those rights or do all Americans? Just because my views, speech, and religious beliefs differ from someone else's doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to have my views, freedom of speech, and religion even if they aren't that of A majority. Not all religions, faiths, or churches condemn gays or same-sex marriage. If I choose not to do business with a someone that is my right just like it's their right not to do business with me. If they are against gays why would they want their business in the first place? Why does Chick-Fil-A feel they are being demonized? It seems like they have plenty of business from those who agree with their views. Why do they keep complaining? If I ran a business it would be to sell to customers. I would be neutral and not bring any religion, politics, or social issues into it. I would want all types of customers to feel comfortable doing business there. It seems to me that the business is being hypocritical. They feel they are entitled to their views, beliefs, opinions, freedom of speech, and religious freedom and they are so why do they feel opposing views are not the rights of others and that the business is being discriminated against? I'm glad they did come out about their views because now I have a choice to do business there or not for I know where they stand. I choose not to do business with them. I get so tired of people and businesses that dish stuff out but they get all upset when people dish it back to them. Yes people have freedom of speech and religion but that doesn't mean their aren't consequences for actions taken under those or that everyone is going to agree with them or like them. I know not everyone is going to agree with everything I feel either.
what boycott if this is a boycott it`s got 2 be whose ever.

“I beleave in reason not god”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#13 Aug 2, 2012
Pam wrote:
Got one question: Did the gays get the water they waited so long for? The Bible verse cited in the video urging people to go to Chik-Fil-A and ask for water was Proverbs 25:21
21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.
They completely ignored the next verse which is:
22 In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you.
I suspect they got their water as Chik-Fil-A was very, very rewarded.
why would anyone stand in line for water. there have been stories of people asking for water and calling the employee all kinds of name. in California after pro 8 they did all kind of things. they got hold of a Donner list and threw bricks in there windows key there car. and lest one place murder

“I beleave in reason not god”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#14 Aug 2, 2012
SPEEDIEG wrote:
Man I am really not liking Chic Fil A and the nuts who support them. This is not about free speech it is about supporting a company that directly funds GLBT Hate Groups. No one seems to care about this. These hate groups tell lies about GAY people to support their false positions, bearing false witness is breaking the 9th commandment. By association all of these Chic Fil A supporters are breaking the 9th commandment. This is a major sin. What will GOD think about that.
I`m an atheist and even I know that talking about court of law. I also know that gay right groups lie a lot more then Christian group do.
Lionel

El Segundo, CA

#15 Aug 2, 2012
I think all the homosexuals are in shock today at the massive outpouring of support for CFA.
Spending all their time on The Gay/Lesbian Forum increases their inherent distortion of reality.

“I beleave in reason not god”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#16 Aug 2, 2012
chick fill a had there best day ever yesterday
Pam

Grove City, PA

#17 Aug 2, 2012
DragonHung wrote:
Aside from the clogged arteries, isn't it sad that folk will proudly show off their bigotry toward their fellow man in this manner? It would be interesting to take pictures of all those standing in line to purchase their heart attack on a bun and put them up on a Hall of Shame for all the world to see. If they are so righteous that it's okay to persecute their fellow citizens, then they shouldn't mind.
You can hang my picture, if you have one. Most people will understand that my being there was nothing about persecution and everything about standing up for God and the First Amendment. I suppose you won't mind if I take my camera to my local Chick-fil-a tomorrow and get pictures of the kiss-in. I have a particular on-line news site I wish to send them to.

“I beleave in reason not god”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#18 Aug 2, 2012
scense many country that gas come from have death penally for gays maybe boycott gas
Pam

Grove City, PA

#19 Aug 2, 2012
John Crews wrote:
I don't understand why Chick-Fil-A feels they are being singled out and discriminated against by the "left wing." No one is telling them they are not entitled to their opinions. How is boycotting a place discrimination?! No one is infringing on their free speech or freedom of religion. What about the left's free speech and freedom of religion? Does the "right wing" only have those rights or do all Americans? Just because my views, speech, and religious beliefs differ from someone else's doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to have my views, freedom of speech, and religion even if they aren't that of A majority. Not all religions, faiths, or churches condemn gays or same-sex marriage. If I choose not to do business with a someone that is my right just like it's their right not to do business with me. If they are against gays why would they want their business in the first place? Why does Chick-Fil-A feel they are being demonized? It seems like they have plenty of business from those who agree with their views. Why do they keep complaining? If I ran a business it would be to sell to customers. I would be neutral and not bring any religion, politics, or social issues into it. I would want all types of customers to feel comfortable doing business there. It seems to me that the business is being hypocritical. They feel they are entitled to their views, beliefs, opinions, freedom of speech, and religious freedom and they are so why do they feel opposing views are not the rights of others and that the business is being discriminated against? I'm glad they did come out about their views because now I have a choice to do business there or not for I know where they stand. I choose not to do business with them. I get so tired of people and businesses that dish stuff out but they get all upset when people dish it back to them. Yes people have freedom of speech and religion but that doesn't mean their aren't consequences for actions taken under those or that everyone is going to agree with them or like them. I know not everyone is going to agree with everything I feel either.
I highly doubt that the people at Chick-Fil-A feel they are being demonized. I've heard absolute nothing about them saying such a thing. It is everybody else that feels compelled to support them and also to make a huge statement that the First Amendment is still in force and that those government people in various locations who said they didn't want Chick-Fil-A in their cities were violating that same First Amendment. Chick-Fil-A had absolutely nothing to do with organizing yesterday's appreciation day. That was all Mike Huckabee and the millions who jumped in there to partcipate. It was a great opportunity to make a stand both for traditional marriage AND the First Amendment. BTW, even those wacky left-wing ladies on The View agreed that those government officials were way out of line.
Pam

Grove City, PA

#20 Aug 2, 2012
Lionel wrote:
I think all the homosexuals are in shock today at the massive outpouring of support for CFA.
Spending all their time on The Gay/Lesbian Forum increases their inherent distortion of reality.
Ha ha, they all live in a world of their own creation - collecting their little gay friends around them and writing their own rules of reality and morality. I believe that they thought their propaganda had been a lot more effective in the big wide world than it reallly has.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Huckabee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr tongangodz 4,052
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr thetruth 19,872
News Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, polygamy (Apr '10) Apr 17 Anthony Scarpuzzi 1,922
News Mike Huckabee links same-sex marriage to straig... (Feb '11) Apr 8 Retarded Palin 35
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) Apr 5 David Duke Jrs da... 257
News Almost 7,500 Douglas voters cast ballots early ... Apr 3 Ohhh Dammm 2
News New Kingmakers? Rubio delegates could be factor... Mar '16 tarp survivor 22
More from around the web