What happened in Iowa? Three-way spli...

What happened in Iowa? Three-way split between Romney, Santorum, and Paul

There are 81 comments on the www.washingtonpost.com story from Jan 3, 2012, titled What happened in Iowa? Three-way split between Romney, Santorum, and Paul. In it, www.washingtonpost.com reports that:

Why did Iowa voters break almost evenly between the three candidates? According to The Washington Post, Santorum and Paul shared support from conservatives. Paul picked up support from “younger voters and independents,” but also from “voters singling out being ‘a true conservative’ as a top quality.” Santorum did best with"very conservative" voters and "voters who prioritize abortion as an issue and ‘strong moral character’ as a candidate attribute.” Romney appealed to voters “who prioritize beating President Obama.” Do you think Republicans should vote for a candidate who speaks to their values, or the candidate who seems most likely to beat Obama?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.washingtonpost.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Provocateur

Half Moon Bay, CA

#90 Jan 30, 2012
"If Voting Made a Difference, It Would Already Have Made a Difference"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Huckabee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Huckabee: I would ask Clinton about Benghazi 8 min Synque 273
News Can Rick Santorum escape his past? 34 min Reverend Alan 28
News National poll shows no clear GOP frontrunner 1 hr Le Jimbo 8
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 hr ChristineM 7,471
News Huckabee defends Josh Duggar molesting sisters:... 19 hr Black Rhino 53
News Rick Santorum on Josh Duggar Sex Scandal: 'I'm ... 20 hr Tazo 1
News This Isn't The First Time Mike Huckabee Has Sid... Wed swedenforever 8
More from around the web