Santorum: Obama wrong to cite Jesus i...

Santorum: Obama wrong to cite Jesus in gay marriage shift

There are 43 comments on the Washington Times story from May 11, 2012, titled Santorum: Obama wrong to cite Jesus in gay marriage shift. In it, Washington Times reports that:

Former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania said Thursday that President Obama is wrong to suggest that Jesus Christ would be on his side in his newfound support for gay marriage and predicted the president's shifting position will motivate social conservatives to head to the polls this fall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#21 May 12, 2012
Sick of Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's a little far fetched, but whatever...
I am a life long Beatle fan. I have a purple room in my house decorated with Beatle crap. I know not everyone likes the Beatles, and that's fine. But after hundreds of Conversations about the 60s and the Beatles with many many people from every walk of life, I have never heard such an 'interesting' opinion.
You're freakin' out there dude.
Oh brother, you have NO idea how freakin' out there...
Sick of Stupid

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#22 May 12, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn’t give you my opinion, I stated facts to correct your erroneous proclamations.
<quoted text>
That isn’t’ what you stated. You claimed the bible came 1000 years after the life of Christ, which is simply false.
<quoted text>
As I’ve already told you, the New Testament was completed within 70 years of Christ’s death, before the close of the first century. That’s simply a fact whether you want to believe it or not. And yes, the New Testament most certainly is a book in the time of Christ and it is about Him.
<quoted text>
You’re spewing more error out of your complete ignorance. The gospels, along with other books of the New Testament, were recognized as scripture from the earliest days of the church. There was wide agreement on which books were part of the canon of scripture, and final agreement on the canon occurred before the close of the 4th century. Your claim of the year 1300 is absolutely false.
<quoted text>
No, you don’t know what you’re talking about. I agree that you are certainly no expert. In fact, on this topic you’ve displayed complete ignorance.
I suppose you have read a Bible in your lifetime.
That Bible you read most likely was a King James Bible. This version was written in 1601. The Bible was not finished in 300. The basis for the Bible was completed then, and Jesus never got to read one. The Only bible you will find today is a King James Bible. 1601 is when it was written.
There were several different versions of the Bible before that, in the many languages of Europe. King James wanted a uniform Bible. The only Bible readily availible to the world today is the King James version. Completed in 1601.
IF you can find a way to replace your hate for the ignorant, like me, with love, then you may understand the true meaning of the life of Christ.
The Church cares about homosexuality...Jesus did not.

Homosexuality will become more and more acceptable in our society. The Church will change with society, or it will fade from existance.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#23 May 12, 2012
Sick of Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you have read a Bible in your lifetime.
That Bible you read most likely was a King James Bible. This version was written in 1601. The Bible was not finished in 300. The basis for the Bible was completed then, and Jesus never got to read one. The Only bible you will find today is a King James Bible. 1601 is when it was written.
There were several different versions of the Bible before that, in the many languages of Europe. King James wanted a uniform Bible. The only Bible readily availible to the world today is the King James version. Completed in 1601.
IF you can find a way to replace your hate for the ignorant, like me, with love, then you may understand the true meaning of the life of Christ.
The Church cares about homosexuality...Jesus did not.
Homosexuality will become more and more acceptable in our society. The Church will change with society, or it will fade from existance.
The King James version of the bible...interesting. that was translated for King James, a known homosexual, who also ruled by divine right. really brings up some serious theological problems, huh? maybe they'll invent a fourth god to cover this one....(they can play Bach Quartets on the side...)
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#24 May 12, 2012
Sick of Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you have read a Bible in your lifetime.
That Bible you read most likely was a King James Bible. This version was written in 1601. The Bible was not finished in 300. The basis for the Bible was completed then, and Jesus never got to read one. The Only bible you will find today is a King James Bible. 1601 is when it was written.
There were several different versions of the Bible before that, in the many languages of Europe. King James wanted a uniform Bible. The only Bible readily availible to the world today is the King James version. Completed in 1601.
IF you can find a way to replace your hate for the ignorant, like me, with love, then you may understand the true meaning of the life of Christ.
The Church cares about homosexuality...Jesus did not.
Homosexuality will become more and more acceptable in our society. The Church will change with society, or it will fade from existance.
1611 was the original KJV, updated later to the Authorized KJV, which modernized the English language. The AKJV is the only modern version allowing the scholar and layman to link the text to the original Greek New Testament, which indeed was complete by 70 years after Christ and not changed since, except in versions other than the KJV.

The Gospel of John clearly defines Who Christ was/is. He is the Word and thus was the only God addressing Israel since their start and the God of creation. That means that Christ indeed condemned homosexuality in the Old Testament, which when here as Jesus, he referred to constantly. This condemnation is additionally validated in the New Testament by the INSPIRED BY GOD Scriptures in addition to the Gospels. The Law regarding homosexuality is not only a health law; it is a spiritual law.

Your date is wrong. Your understanding of Who Christ was is wrong. Your inclination to accept distortion of Nature and Nature's God's common sense, health and spiritual direction is wrong.
Yup

Seattle, WA

#25 May 12, 2012
"Mr. Obama on Wednesday cited his Christian faith as a driving force behind the "evolution" of his thinking on gay marriage."

well said obama -
he just re-enforced to the part of the public who didn't know, that he,(along with pilosi) is not a christian. so being pro baby killinging/abortion and same sex marriage (both against christian teachings) will loose him a at least few million votes.

well said obama
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#26 May 12, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>The King James version of the bible...interesting. that was translated for King James, a known homosexual, who also ruled by divine right. really brings up some serious theological problems, huh? maybe they'll invent a fourth god to cover this one....(they can play Bach Quartets on the side...)
Such grievous, intentional lies about King James are almost as bad as the sodomy he condemned as "never forgivable" in his treatise on government in 1599. His marriage and seven live children, three miscarriages and two stillbirths certainly establish his normal involvements. Homosexuals may not rewrite history.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#27 May 12, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
<quoted text>
Such grievous, intentional lies about King James are almost as bad as the sodomy he condemned as "never forgivable" in his treatise on government in 1599. His marriage and seven live children, three miscarriages and two stillbirths certainly establish his normal involvements. Homosexuals may not rewrite history.
many homosexuals have progeny and are married. he also had a male lover, that would mean he was a homosexual, or bisexual.

Your ability to ignore facts and history are well documented., especially when they point out that your faith is based on lies and your prejudice against gay people is unfounded.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#28 May 12, 2012
Yup wrote:
"Mr. Obama on Wednesday cited his Christian faith as a driving force behind the "evolution" of his thinking on gay marriage."
well said obama -
he just re-enforced to the part of the public who didn't know, that he,(along with pilosi) is not a christian. so being pro baby killinging/abortion and same sex marriage (both against christian teachings) will loose him a at least few million votes.
well said obama
Just one type of christian? maybe you're not the 'real' christian...
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#29 May 12, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>many homosexuals have progeny and are married. he also had a male lover, that would mean he was a homosexual, or bisexual.
Your ability to ignore facts and history are well documented., especially when they point out that your faith is based on lies and your prejudice against gay people is unfounded.
There is no evidence to support such a ridiculous conclusion. All homosexual history rewrites are nonsense. His strong opposition to sodomy shows you are wrong. Any filial love amongst men is distorted by your ilk to mean homosexuality, which shows only that homosexuals don't know what love is. It shows more than dishonesty.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#30 May 12, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence to support such a ridiculous conclusion. All homosexual history rewrites are nonsense. His strong opposition to sodomy shows you are wrong. Any filial love amongst men is distorted by your ilk to mean homosexuality, which shows only that homosexuals don't know what love is. It shows more than dishonesty.
Sure, pal, sure...Do you think all hmosexuals like sodomy? why do you believe this? All heterosexuals do not like it but some do...

you need to stick to reality, no this made up world you live in.
Yup

Seattle, WA

#31 May 12, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Just one type of christian? maybe you're not the 'real' christian...
my being christian or not isn't today's topic

Yes; there is only One type of christian:

American Heritage Dictionary:
Chris·tian
http://www.answers.com/topic/christian
• Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
• Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
• Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.
• Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.
• Showing a loving concern for others; humane.

Rick is right; obama is wrong to cite Jesus in gay marriage shift

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#32 May 12, 2012
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
my being christian or not isn't today's topic
Yes; there is only One type of christian:
American Heritage Dictionary:
Chris·tian
http://www.answers.com/topic/christian
• Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
• Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
• Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.
• Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.
• Showing a loving concern for others; humane.
Rick is right; obama is wrong to cite Jesus in gay marriage shift
yet even you christians can't agree on what that 'word of god' is. probably because it keeps changing, probably because it is fictitious and made up by humans.
Yup

Seattle, WA

#33 May 12, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet even you christians can't agree on what that 'word of god' is. probably because it keeps changing, probably because it is fictitious and made up by humans.
Rick is right; obama is wrong to cite Jesus in gay marriage shift

bye bye millions of votes for obama

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#34 May 12, 2012
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Rick is right; obama is wrong to cite Jesus in gay marriage shift
bye bye millions of votes for obama
he was wrong to cite that old mythical figure for anything regarding our secular country. Are we going to start making laws based on what the Easter bunny says next?
Sick of Stupid

United States

#35 May 12, 2012
If I may also add....
Christ had no interest in organized religion. He and Peter disagreed on the direction of their work. Peter wanted to establish a church, Jesus did not.
So in actuality, Catholics are not Christians. They are Petorians. The Pope was the vision of Peter NOT Jesus.
All bow to the Petorian pope.
guest

United States

#36 May 12, 2012
Sick of Stupid wrote:
I suppose you have read a Bible in your lifetime.
That Bible you read most likely was a King James Bible. This version was written in 1601. The Bible was not finished in 300.
The more bullshit you spew the more stupid you prove yourself to be. Look dumbass, the KJV is a translation of the original biblical manuscripts. The Old Testament manuscripts were all completed hundreds of years before Christ, and the New Testament manuscripts were all completed within 70 years after his death.
The Only bible you will find today is a King James Bible. 1601 is when it was written.
Bullshit. There are thousands of biblical manuscripts that predate the KJV by a thousand years and more. Again, you don't have a clue about the subject. Your ignorance is embarrassing.
The only Bible readily availible to the world today is the King James version. Completed in 1601.
Look dummy, visit Amazon and check out the hundreds, even thousands of bibles that are available today.
The Church cares about homosexuality...Jesus did not.
The church does not condone deviant homosexual behavior - it never has. Neither did Jesus condone it.
Sick of Stupid

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#38 May 13, 2012
Look dude...
How can there be Biblical manuscripts written 1000s of years before Christ?
The writings you mistakenly call Biblical are mainly Hebrew. You may notice even today Christians and Jews are clearly not the same religion.
There are thousands and thousands of pages of religions writings that pre-date Jesus. A very small part of those writings are part of the "Petorians" Bible. God did not choose what books would be in the Bible, Jesus never saw a Bible.
Anyway what the heck are you POed at me about?
Oh yeah....gay marriage.
Here's the problem with you Bible toting' constitution quoting right taking GOP
half educated fake Christian right wing bags of douche...
You do not understand either document . The Holy Bible or the Constitution.
Why is it up to you to give a damn about why 2 people love each other?
Why would any American try to use the bible and the constitution to demonstrate why other Americans should be denied the respect of our society because of who they love?
I am not gay and I do not understand gay. Lesbians make sense. Personally I do not understand how anybody can fukc a man (we are gross creatures)
But our constitution is a document that puts forth the premise that all people are created equally in the eye the Creator.
But I agree with little Ricky Sanitarium on a small point..." if we allow the gays to be married we just leave the door open for people to marry their dog"
A very stupid thing to say for sure but kinda right.
How did we get here? 40 years ago a black and white couple had a very good possibility meeting with violent reaction to their deviant lifestyle.
No one really gives a crap about that anymore. During that time gay folks could expect the same reaction if they got outed.
Things have changed since that gay king had his Bible written... And I suspect they will continue to change. Deal with it, Not everyone wants to live your pathetic life. Here in America they have a right to live their own life weather is appeases you or not.
guest

United States

#39 May 13, 2012
Sick of Stupid wrote:
Look dude...
How can there be Biblical manuscripts written 1000s of years before Christ?
I didn't say thousands of years before Christ, but the Old Testament was completed hundreds of years before Him. They wrote on papyrus. Maybe you should spend more time educating yourself and less time spewing ingorant bullshit on topix.
The writings you mistakenly call Biblical are mainly Hebrew.
Uh, the OT is part of the Bible dummy. And yes, it was written in Hebrew.
You may notice even today Christians and Jews are clearly not the same religion.
Christianity is the completed expression of the Jewish religion.
There are thousands and thousands of pages of religions writings that pre-date Jesus.
Amazing. And just a few sentences ago you were asking how there could be manuscripts that predate Christ. I'm guessing you're too stupid to see your own contradiction.
God did not choose what books would be in the Bible, Jesus never saw a Bible.
Yes He did! Jesus quoted from 24 Old Testament books, most likely from the Septuagint, the greek translation that was common in His day. Yeah, the same Old Testament that forms the majority of the Bible.
Anyway what the heck are you POed at me about?
I'm not PO'd, I just detest you spewing such erroneous information out of your pure ignorance and then claiming it's fact.
Here's the problem with you Bible toting' constitution quoting right taking GOP
half educated fake Christian right wing bags of douche...
You do not understand either document . The Holy Bible or the Constitution.
ROFLMAO!!! You've proven you don't know jack shit about the Bible. Why would anyone think you know a damn thing about the Constitution? I doubt you've read either of them.
Why is it up to you to give a damn about why 2 people love each other?
It's not. However, society as a whole does determine the moral climate. As it is today, society rejects deviant homosexual behavior.
Why would any American try to use the bible and the constitution to demonstrate why other Americans should be denied the respect of our society because of who they love?
Because homosexual behavior is deviant and perverted. Pedophiles could be using the same argument as you, and they also rightfully suffer the disdain of society.
But our constitution is a document that puts forth the premise that all people are created equally in the eye the Creator.
The Constitution states no such thing. You're displaying more of your ignorance. Obviously you know as little about the Constitution as you do the Bible.
Things have changed since that gay king had his Bible written...
The prohibitions against homosexual behavior predate the KJV Bible by at least 1500 years. And the text hasn't changed.
Deal with it, Not everyone wants to live your pathetic life. Here in America they have a right to live their own life weather is appeases you or not.
My life is far from pathetic. As far as homosexual "marriage" is concerned, every time and in every place that the issue has been put to a public vote, the people have rejected it every single time.

If homosexuals want to live together, they are free to do that in this country. If they want to enter into marriage, they must do so with members of the opposite sex. That's the way it is whether you like it or not.
Sick of Stupid

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#40 May 13, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say thousands of years before Christ, but the Old Testament was completed hundreds of years before Him. They wrote on papyrus. Maybe you should spend more time educating yourself and less time spewing ingorant bullshit on topix
Uh, the OT is part of the Bible dummy. And yes, it was written in Hebrew.
Christianity is the completed expression of the Jewish religion.
IF christianity is the completed expression of Judaism why are there still Jews?
Amazing. And just a few sentences ago you were asking how there could be manuscripts that predate Christ. I'm guessing you're too stupid to see your own contradiction.
I understand there were many religions before Christ, and some of the teachings therein are in the Olde Testament.
Yes He did! Jesus quoted from 24 Old Testament books, most likely from the Septuagint, the greek translation that was common in His day. Yeah, the same Old Testament that forms the majority of the Bible.
No The God Jehova did not shoose the books to be included in the Bible. God to no active part in the assembling of the Bible.
I'm not PO'd, I just detest you spewing such erroneous information out of your pure ignorance and then claiming it's fact.
ROFLMAO!!! You've proven you don't know jack shit about the Bible. Why would anyone think you know a damn thing about the Constitution? I doubt you've read either of them.
It's not. However, society as a whole does determine the moral climate. As it is today, society rejects deviant homosexual behavior.
Yes, society determines the moral climate. That's why 50 years ago, blacks and whites could not marry in many states. Those laws are gone, as will be the stupid laws being passed bby Pig-headed Politicians just to covet a few votes.
Because homosexual behavior is deviant and perverted. Pedophiles could be using the same argument as you, and they also rightfully suffer the disdain of society.
The Constitution states no such thing. You're displaying more of your ignorance. Obviously you know as little about the Constitution as you do the Bible.
No it states no such thing, but the premise is all men are created equal.
The prohibitions against homosexual behavior predate the KJV Bible by at least 1500 years. And the text hasn't changed.
My life is far from pathetic. As far as homosexual "marriage" is concerned, every time and in every place that the issue has been put to a public vote, the people have rejected it every single time.
If homosexuals want to live together, they are free to do that in this country. If they want to enter into marriage, they must do so with members of the opposite sex. That's the way it is whether you like it or not.
Anyway it's been nice arguing with you.
I hope you don't stay up all nite fuming over my ignorance.
thisgo

Runnemede, NJ

#42 May 13, 2012
anyone who's gonna commit suicide is unhateable ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Huckabee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Huckabee: I would ask Clinton about Benghazi 9 min BoneYard 240
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 16 min Eagle 12 7,451
News Can Rick Santorum escape his past? 2 hr Lawrence Wolf 21
News National poll shows no clear GOP frontrunner 2 hr fatbacksx 5
News Huckabee defends Josh Duggar molesting sisters:... 3 hr Black Rhino 53
News Rick Santorum on Josh Duggar Sex Scandal: 'I'm ... 4 hr Tazo 1
News This Isn't The First Time Mike Huckabee Has Sid... Wed swedenforever 8
More from around the web