Missouri congressman: Pregnancy from rape is 'really rare'

There are 25 comments on the Boston Herald story from Aug 19, 2012, titled Missouri congressman: Pregnancy from rape is 'really rare'. In it, Boston Herald reports that:

Missouri Congressman Todd Akin, the conservative Republican U.S. Senate candidate, said in a television interview that it is "really rare" for women to become pregnant when they are raped.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 12

Atlanta, GA

#1 Aug 19, 2012
This tool puts the 'fun" in fundamentalist. If you go to far to the right, you can fall right off the edge.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#2 Aug 19, 2012
I wonder if he thinks you can't get pregnant the first time you have sex.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#3 Aug 19, 2012
It used to be women attempted to cover their psychological conflicts with claims they "couldn't remember anything", when having "legitimate" sex under the influence of a couple drinks, etc. Now, feminist crap has them claiming rape at the drop of a hat. Naturally feeling that giving sex should somehow cement their relationships, they are angered when the gutless and characterless men don't respond with the love and commitment the women expect. The conflict introduced by feminist crap into women's psyches allow them to have sex at the drop of a hat, but encourages others to still see them as pigs and things to be used. Queers commonly practice this anonymous and wanton sexual encounter, thus approve of women generally being pigs and used objects. This shows the shallow, angry and usurious natures of feminism and those happy about killing babies for convenience, which always negatively impacts the women, but primarily because of their own lack of character... not rape. Forty years of Democrat atheist influence to amorality in America must end for both women and men to once again have some character.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#4 Aug 19, 2012
3OHA wrote:
It used to be women attempted to cover their psychological conflicts with claims they "couldn't remember anything", when having "legitimate" sex under the influence of a couple drinks, etc. Now, feminist crap has them claiming rape at the drop of a hat. Naturally feeling that giving sex should somehow cement their relationships, they are angered when the gutless and characterless men don't respond with the love and commitment the women expect. The conflict introduced by feminist crap into women's psyches allow them to have sex at the drop of a hat, but encourages others to still see them as pigs and things to be used. Queers commonly practice this anonymous and wanton sexual encounter, thus approve of women generally being pigs and used objects. This shows the shallow, angry and usurious natures of feminism and those happy about killing babies for convenience, which always negatively impacts the women, but primarily because of their own lack of character... not rape. Forty years of Democrat atheist influence to amorality in America must end for both women and men to once again have some character.
are you saying that rape is a myth made up by scorned women?
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#5 Aug 19, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
are you saying that rape is a myth made up by scorned women?
Rape is extremely uncommon and accounts for very few abortions. There has also been an increase in false rape claims because young women are unfocused and amoral and angry, when their basic natural inclinations of pairing sexuality with actual love is diminished and ridiculed by characterless men controlling their lives in a Democrat inspired, characterless amorality actually convincing women to self-destruct, kill and guarantee a future filled with remorse and guilt.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#6 Aug 19, 2012
3OHA wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape is extremely uncommon and accounts for very few abortions. There has also been an increase in false rape claims because young women are unfocused and amoral and angry, when their basic natural inclinations of pairing sexuality with actual love is diminished and ridiculed by characterless men controlling their lives in a Democrat inspired, characterless amorality actually convincing women to self-destruct, kill and guarantee a future filled with remorse and guilt.
wow.
chelsea smith

United States

#7 Aug 19, 2012
Ah hello, you must be small minded 30. A person male or female are being rape all the time and its highly common.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#8 Aug 19, 2012
3OHA wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape is extremely uncommon and accounts for very few abortions. There has also been an increase in false rape claims because young women are unfocused and amoral and angry, when their basic natural inclinations of pairing sexuality with actual love is diminished and ridiculed by characterless men controlling their lives in a Democrat inspired, characterless amorality actually convincing women to self-destruct, kill and guarantee a future filled with remorse and guilt.
You sound like a bigger nutjob than Bringmedinner, which i didn't think was possible...

You done got hit in the head reeeal hard with the bible too many times, huh?

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Since: Aug 07

Eldora Iowa

#9 Aug 19, 2012
As a conservative I sometimes je my head in wonder. . .

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Since: Aug 07

Eldora Iowa

#10 Aug 19, 2012
*shake
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#11 Aug 19, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like a bigger nutjob than Bringmedinner, which i didn't think was possible...
You done got hit in the head reeeal hard with the bible too many times, huh?
Gutless Leftist cowards support diminishing the worth of women just as their Muslim counterparts. This base amorality amongst Leftists doesn't care if it convinces women to kill their babies, or if the women walk around in bags... the real reason for the Lieftist cowardice refusing to be concerned for women's rights in Muslim countries, or that the Leftist male imposes a life of regret and shame on American women. Such a disgusting destruction of male character is the sole aim of the Democrat Party and their direction for two generations. Abortion harms women and benefits the slovenly, gutless males.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#12 Aug 19, 2012
3OHA wrote:
<quoted text>
Gutless Leftist cowards support diminishing the worth of women just as their Muslim counterparts. This base amorality amongst Leftists doesn't care if it convinces women to kill their babies, or if the women walk around in bags... the real reason for the Lieftist cowardice refusing to be concerned for women's rights in Muslim countries, or that the Leftist male imposes a life of regret and shame on American women. Such a disgusting destruction of male character is the sole aim of the Democrat Party and their direction for two generations. Abortion harms women and benefits the slovenly, gutless males.
you talking harms the entire human gene pool.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#13 Aug 19, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you talking harms the entire human gene pool.
You've live in the ecstasy of cowardice for too long. Still, you have your right to your opinion.

In fact, my posts remarkably and permanently helps the entire human meme pool. Your disgusting acceptance of Leftist destruction of the American male's character by diminishing women and feminizing males with queerdom asked for the cultural war you're getting. So, don't complain.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#14 Aug 19, 2012
3OHA wrote:
<quoted text>
You've live in the ecstasy of cowardice for too long. Still, you have your right to your opinion.
In fact, my posts remarkably and permanently helps the entire human meme pool. Your disgusting acceptance of Leftist destruction of the American male's character by diminishing women and feminizing males with queerdom asked for the cultural war you're getting. So, don't complain.
You are living in a fantasy world. None of what you think is happening is really happening.

reality is that society is leaving you behind in intelligence and maturity. you are a fossilized dinosaur, but too stupid to even know it.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#15 Aug 20, 2012
Pregnancy from rape is uncommon because if the woman goes to the emergency room right after the rape she is immediately given emergency contraceptive pills.

No matter what some of you backwoods idiots think, this is not Medieval times. A woman should not be forced into ANY pregnancy she does not want, especially one that comes about through violence.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#16 Aug 20, 2012
Justfacts99 wrote:
This tool puts the 'fun" in fundamentalist. If you go to far to the right, you can fall right off the edge.
More "creationist" science.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#17 Aug 20, 2012
3OHA wrote:
<quoted text>
Gutless Leftist cowards support diminishing the worth of women just as their Muslim counterparts. This base amorality amongst Leftists doesn't care if it convinces women to kill their babies, or if the women walk around in bags... the real reason for the Lieftist cowardice refusing to be concerned for women's rights in Muslim countries, or that the Leftist male imposes a life of regret and shame on American women. Such a disgusting destruction of male character is the sole aim of the Democrat Party and their direction for two generations. Abortion harms women and benefits the slovenly, gutless males.
Do tell us how a forced pregnancy from a rape benefits a man.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#18 Aug 20, 2012
The little discussed fact is that most rapists are Democrat voters, as are most criminals, illegal drug users and abortionists. Rapists are just the most extreme example of the now common character of Democrat men, who use women and relegate them to lives of depression, guilt and shallowness. Democrats have encouraged the destruction of the character of men, which is why it is Democrats opposed to any war intended to liberate women from living in bags. Democrat men don't care whether they get women to kill babies, or if they live in bags, as long as they remain receptacles for men getting their rocks off and allow men to escape any meaningful love, or responsibility for their behavior.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#19 Aug 20, 2012
3OHA wrote:
The little discussed fact is that most rapists are Democrat voters, as are most criminals, illegal drug users and abortionists. Rapists are just the most extreme example of the now common character of Democrat men, who use women and relegate them to lives of depression, guilt and shallowness. Democrats have encouraged the destruction of the character of men, which is why it is Democrats opposed to any war intended to liberate women from living in bags. Democrat men don't care whether they get women to kill babies, or if they live in bags, as long as they remain receptacles for men getting their rocks off and allow men to escape any meaningful love, or responsibility for their behavior.
You seriously are nuts, aren't you? Please seek professional help.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#20 Aug 20, 2012
According to a study done in 1996 by the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, approximately 32,000 rapes result in pregnancy each year. That is a stunning 5% of rapes of women of reproductive age. According to this study, the majority of these rape-related pregnancies occurring during the study happened during adolescence. If the argument is against the punishment of children, why are we punishing these? Only 11.7% of these young victims actually received immediate medical treatment for the rape, with a stunning 47.1% not receiving any medical treatment for the rape whatsoever. More than 30% of these children did not even realize they were pregnant until the second trimester — making the choice to abort not only more costly with increased risk of complications, but also illegal in many states. Interestingly, only 11.8% of those pregnancies resulted in spontaneous abortion, or miscarriage — a rate that would be significantly higher if women had the superpower Akin claims.

Not only that Akin claims that "Todd Akin, the republican nominee for senate in Missouri justified his argument against providing abortions for raped women by claiming that the body has a natural defense to getting pregnant in cases of “legitimate” rape.

UNBELIEVABLE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Huckabee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Huckabee defends Josh Duggar molesting sisters:... 2 min Bravo 13
News Why Josh Duggar's Past Will Hurt Social Conserv... 29 min serfs up 6
News Huckabee: I would ask Clinton about Benghazi 29 min mitt s santorum s... 104
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr NoahLovesU 7,201
News Huckabee stands by Duggar family amid molestati... 1 hr mitt s santorum s... 11
News Hispanic Evangelicals Threaten To Abandon Repub... 1 hr Anonymous 54
News Mike Huckabee Voices Support for Josh Duggar in... 1 hr Tazo 1
More from around the web