Romney drops out

Romney drops out

There are 11 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Feb 8, 2008, titled Romney drops out. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

We'll never know how Mitt Romney would have done had he chosen to run for president as he did for governor of Massachusetts - in the role of sharp businessman and social moderate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Jim from Mass

AOL

#1 Feb 8, 2008
And good riddance! Do anything , say anything to win just did not play all that well.

“Nicto Barada”

Since: Feb 08

Liberalis

#2 Feb 8, 2008
McCain ought also drop out

Bush belongs to Their Party

Since: Oct 07

Bawlmer

#3 Feb 8, 2008
We didn't need a liar who said the Democrats will surrender to terror if elected. Or who said freedom requires religion.

There's a big difference between being a politician and being a statesman. None of the Repugs measure up to the higher standard, and haven't for the last seven years.

I'll take my chances with the Dems, thank you. At least it will be a hoot watching the conservatives go batsheet over a black man or a woman running for president.
Dave Ward

Springfield, MA

#4 Feb 8, 2008
aveteran,

Sir I loved the cartoon of McCains bus that showed him throwing Limbaugh, Coulter, and Hennaty off the bus. The only one being close to a statesman in my opinion is Obama. He doen't claim to have all the answers to all the problems but he will be open to all sides and then try to right the ship of state that is sinking fast with GW at the helm.

Since: May 07

Indianapolis

#5 Feb 8, 2008
This is getting scary. Now the contest is between three open borders advocates.
DRAFT LOU DOBBS.
SAL

Lincolnton, NC

#6 Feb 8, 2008
McCain, nice man; however, ROMNEY-- he could should & would be the next President of our country-- however, the Democrats, with the Hillery factor, will take down our country unless the Dems grow up.

Since: May 07

Indianapolis

#7 Feb 8, 2008
Dave Ward wrote:
aveteran,
Sir I loved the cartoon of McCains bus that showed him throwing Limbaugh, Coulter, and Hennaty off the bus. The only one being close to a statesman in my opinion is Obama. He doen't claim to have all the answers to all the problems but he will be open to all sides and then try to right the ship of state that is sinking fast with GW at the helm.
One thing you gotta give Obama: He gives a helluva speech. Maybe he can grow into the job if he is elected.
Texan

Houston, TX

#8 Feb 11, 2008
Mitt Romney was beat because the real conservatives took too long to endorse him. He could have won all the delegates in Florida except for the fact that Florida's governor endorsed at the eleventh hour. This "win" in Florida gave John McCain momentum. Also, John McCain won several primaries where "winner take all delegates". Don't assume that John McCain is the better candidate. Mitt Romney is the best "well-rounded" candidate. The Republican party should have trusted Romney and given him as much support from the very beginning. I will cast my vote for Governor Romney on March 4, 2008 at the Texas primary. Thank you
Rip Van Winklestein

New York, NY

#9 May 9, 2012
Just woke up.

WTF?

Bawlmer

#10 Apr 6, 2013
Texan wrote:
Mitt Romney was beat because the real conservatives took too long to endorse him. He could have won all the delegates in Florida except for the fact that Florida's governor endorsed at the eleventh hour. This "win" in Florida gave John McCain momentum. Also, John McCain won several primaries where "winner take all delegates". Don't assume that John McCain is the better candidate. Mitt Romney is the best "well-rounded" candidate. The Republican party should have trusted Romney and given him as much support from the very beginning. I will cast my vote for Governor Romney on March 4, 2008 at the Texas primary. Thank you
And how did that work out for you?

Bawlmer

#11 Apr 6, 2013
velogeezer wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing you gotta give Obama: He gives a helluva speech. Maybe he can grow into the job if he is elected.
And he sure as heck did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Huckabee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr Freedomofexpression 8,337
News CNBC raises the bar for upcoming GOP debate (Oct '15) Aug 10 Cordwainer Trout 13
News Jim Bakker interviews Mike Huckabee on faith, p... (Sep '16) Jul '17 Randy Mc Cay 3
News Perry Can Win If Leadership Trumps Debates (Nov '11) Jun '17 JamieYung 4
News To boycott, or not to boycott over Trumpian 'Ju... Jun '17 Anita Bryant s Jihad 2
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) Jun '17 Not 291
News Mike Huckabee to revive his talk show on TBN Jun '17 The real Dan Rather 21
More from around the web