Unduly punished

Unduly punished

There are 31 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Unduly punished. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Two weekends ago, the eight Republican presidential candidates converged in Orlando at the annual Florida GOP convention to engage in a nationally televised debate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dave

Orlando, FL

#23 Oct 31, 2007
It does seem rather ironic that the same party that cried "every vote must count" in 2000 amd 2004 is now willing to cut out all Florida Democrats from having any say in who their party will run in 2008!
Corruption In Government

United States

#24 Oct 31, 2007
Lets look at some Republicans.Lets start with some perverts. Rep.Bob Allen,Congressman Mark Foley,Senator Craig and there's more. Now lets look at George Bush. Bush has done nothing for America or the American People. Bush will go down in history as the worse President we have ever seen. It appears Bush and Cheney are the enemy to America and the American People. When a guy like Scooter Libby commits crimes for the Vice President and President and is found guilty on 4 counts and is set free by the President we have a serious problem here in America. Folks are you a sleep? Isn't this nice for a criminal like Libby committing crimes knowing he will never go to jail?? Many criminals would like this deal. And to think Republicans tried to crucified Clinton and spent MILLIONS of DOLLARS to do this when he was involved with the biggest WHO*E in Washingotn, Lewinsky. Folks to many wrong people in America have to much power. This goes all the way down to the crooked cops who are committing crimes everyday.What will the end results be?? Civil war?? Who knows. All I know is when your Laws mean nothing and you have crooks at the top we are in trouble. America is now imploding .Florida is LOADED with Crooked Cops and Politicians.
Randy Scot

United States

#25 Oct 31, 2007
Dave wrote:
It does seem rather ironic that the same party that cried "every vote must count" in 2000 amd 2004 is now willing to cut out all Florida Democrats from having any say in who their party will run in 2008!
Good point! I'm no fan of the republican party, but the democrats are showing some hipocrisy on this issue.
ntheno

Oviedo, FL

#26 Oct 31, 2007
Corruption In Government wrote:
Lets look at some Republicans.Lets start with some perverts.
Fair enough, but how about we look at some democrats? Perverts? mmmm Barney Frank ring any bells? Crooks? mmmmmm Sandy Berger anyone? Corrupt? William Jefferson come to mind? Adulterers?...please help me here, having trouble with this one....
Anger Management

Eddyville, KY

#27 Oct 31, 2007
Gloom and Doom wrote:
I...'m afraid I may be dead....
This is the only true statement in this post. The rest is a waste of space, as is the poster.
Dataperson

Eddyville, KY

#28 Oct 31, 2007
Amendment XV to the Constitution establishes that the right of all citizens to vote shall not be abridged on account of race, color or previous condition of servitude (meaning slavery) and further charges that Congress can make laws to ensure this if states interfere.

Amendment XIX does the same thing for women; says the right to vote shall not be abridged on account of sex, and Congress can make rules to ensure.

We know Congress can't pass legislation any faster than a camel can pass through the eye of a needle, so our only hope to have the primary votes of Floridians and Michigan residents count is if this case reaches the Supreme Court. Unlikely, but even if it does, we know how well the Supremes work...

The reason why the Founders of this Country didn't include political parties in the Constitution was because they feared partisanship, but they could never have envisioned that a political party would set its rules above the basic Law of the Land. I'm no lawyer, but it looks like the parties are both in violation of the Constitution.

What are the penalties for overthrowing the Constitution? Isn't this treason? How do you impeach political parties? Can we have citizen's arrest of Howard Dean? Or should we send him millions of tea bags?

What if all the employers and employees in Florida and Michigan withheld their income tax payments, or paid them into escrow, because Taxation Without Representation is Tyranny? Can the Dems/Repubs put the population of two states in jail?

Here's how many Floridians have died in Iraq, through 2007: 160. Michigan lost 145. Iowa? Just 45. See any connections here?
Edna

Atlanta, GA

#29 Nov 1, 2007
Well said! Your editorial states in clear, unequivocal terms the exact nature of this situation: Howard Dean and the DNC have chosen to disenfranchise millions of innocent registered Democrats in the state of Florida. I hope Senator Nelson's lawsuit will prevail. This whole thing is like a bad nightmare that I and over four million other Floridians just can't wake up from. If they made a movie out of it, the title could be "2000: The Sequel - This Time, Florida Democrats, It Is Your Own Party Disenfranchising You". If Howard Dean were any more tone deaf, he would probably erupt in bizarre little yells periodically...oh, wait, he already does.

“Texas Rocks!!”

Since: Mar 07

Texas

#30 Nov 1, 2007
lol ^^
Edna

Atlanta, GA

#34 Nov 6, 2007
outnleftfield, glad I gave you a laugh!

“Texas Rocks!!”

Since: Mar 07

Texas

#35 Nov 7, 2007
mark wrote:
they figure that your vote either isn;t needed or dont matter so when election time comes around show them they were right vote for someone other than a democrat even if you dont totally support another party then when they loose because florida didnt vote for them then they will have no one to blame but themsleves brush off a state for spite then dont plan on being the pres. after all all parties use the "every vote counts" crap all the time show them just how much it really does count
Never cut off your nose to spite your face. Mike Gravel is a good man and a solid candidate. He has yet to be bought . He can't afford to buy the votes like others.
paul

Staten Island, NY

#36 Nov 26, 2007
Mike Gravel has the real credentials as a hero and winner both in the Vietnam era and now by mopping the floor with the lackey candidates, so being excluded from the debates because of his winning status. He is so handsome and sharp that I would give anything to see him elected. What a smart and conscientious man, so well informed and prepared, and such a thrilling public speaker nobody even comes close to his range in thought and speech.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Gravel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Gravel, ex-Alaska senator, to lead up... (Jan '15) Jan '15 RustyS 2
News Ex-senator from Alaska to run marijuana company (Dec '14) Dec '14 Le Jimbo 1
News Former Sen. Mike Gravel says White House suppre... (May '13) May '13 DC tells it like ... 16
News From JFK to Sept. 11, conspiracy theories thrive (Aug '11) Aug '11 true 56
News Speakers' corner (Feb '11) Feb '11 scout 1
News Ron Paul will ruin the dreams of the 2012 fring... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Crazy n Nutty Pol... 1
News History not kind to campaign write-in candidates (Sep '10) Sep '10 Raoul Thibideaux 1