Democrats' convention lacks big-name ...

Democrats' convention lacks big-name candidates

There are 37 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 28, 2007, titled Democrats' convention lacks big-name candidates. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Democrats didn't hear from any serious presidential candidates. Or spouses. Or surrogates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Boca Voter

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Oct 29, 2007
Does it not strike you as odd that Robert Wexler and Ted Deutch did not appear at the convention. Do they take the voters of PBC for granted ?? Maria Sachs was also no where to be seen, but we all know she is a closet Republican. At least Ron Klein had enough class to show up. The Broward Dems. are fed up with Wexler and are refusing to support him. Time for a change..
HEY MIDDLE AMERICA

United States

#22 Oct 29, 2007
CAF wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true red neck 12-year old republican. And mentally challenged at that.
and here we have the leader of the BDS (bush derangement syndrome)...who only posts insults ...it doesn't matter what the subject is ...CAF (which stands for Communist And Fat)...will throw some useless nonsense in a failed attempt to divert attention from the fact that this congress which is controlled by demo-fascists has the lowest approval rating in history...and 50% of people polled will never vote for hilLIE
Lucy

Lake Worth, FL

#23 Oct 29, 2007
CAF wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true red neck 12-year old republican. And mentally challenged at that.
More hateful insults from the left.
CAF

United States

#24 Oct 29, 2007
HEY MIDDLE AMERICA wrote:
<quoted text>and here we have the leader of the BDS (bush derangement syndrome)...who only posts insults ...it doesn't matter what the subject is ...CAF (which stands for Communist And Fat)...will throw some useless nonsense in a failed attempt to divert attention from the fact that this congress which is controlled by demo-fascists has the lowest approval rating in history...and 50% of people polled will never vote for hilLIE
Blah blah blah...blah blah blah blah...blah blah blah...cut-n-paste...blah blah blah. Oh, and the "communist and fat" thing has really gotten old. It ran its course about two weeks ago. If you're trying for stand up comedy, get some new material. Perhaps a photo of you standing on the porch of your trailer, beer in one hand, bible in the other, and an Aryan Nation poster in the background. Big smile now: we want to see all 3 of your teeth.
CAF

United States

#25 Oct 29, 2007
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
More hateful insults from the left.
And you would be Hey Middle America's wife...sister...or both?
Yeah Right

Boca Raton, FL

#26 Oct 29, 2007
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the left wing democrats who do all the hating my friend. You hate free markets, hate unborn children, hate big business, hate Christians, hate creation, hate prayer, hate the 10 Commandments, hate Christmas, hate traditional values, hate the family, hate guns, hate hard work, and hate personal responsibility. And might I also point out that YOU were the one with the insult.
First of all stop confusing Insults with Observations. And please do not drop the 10 commandments to us, worry about your 10 Constitutional ammendments that your B.S. Administration (Bush, Shenney) are trying to take away from U.S.

This should keep you informed...
Bill of Rights vs The Patriot Act

http://jointhefightforfreedom.com/node/16

The war on civil liberties - 3 parts
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I have another prediction, after this links go out, the sentinel will kill this post, so copy them somewhre else.
CAF

United States

#27 Oct 29, 2007
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
More hateful insults from the left.
More hateful insults, huh? Let's review: You find it perfectly OK to post "demonic, maniacal cackle or fake southern black church accent" and "a cheesy slip & fall attorney" or "Barack Osama Bin Hussien Obama Ladin." But then YOU are called the white trash that you are and all of a sudden it's a "hateful insult." You really are a pitiful bunch. It's that 'ol Bush/Cheney/Rove "Do as I say, not as I do" philosophy hard at work again.
Lucy

Boca Raton, FL

#28 Oct 29, 2007
Yeah Right wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all stop confusing Insults with Observations. And please do not drop the 10 commandments to us, worry about your 10 Constitutional ammendments that your B.S. Administration (Bush, Shenney) are trying to take away from U.S.
This should keep you informed...
Bill of Rights vs The Patriot Act
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GeU8KvJcDpYXX
http://jointhefightforfreedom.com/node/16
The war on civil liberties - 3 parts
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I have another prediction, after this links go out, the sentinel will kill this post, so copy them somewhre else.
Pure left wing propaganda, and oh yes, more hateful insults, too.
Lucy

Boca Raton, FL

#29 Oct 29, 2007
CAF wrote:
<quoted text>
More hateful insults, huh? Let's review: You find it perfectly OK to post "demonic, maniacal cackle or fake southern black church accent" and "a cheesy slip & fall attorney" or "Barack Osama Bin Hussien Obama Ladin." But then YOU are called the white trash that you are and all of a sudden it's a "hateful insult." You really are a pitiful bunch. It's that 'ol Bush/Cheney/Rove "Do as I say, not as I do" philosophy hard at work again.
More hateful comments from the left.
Lucy

Boca Raton, FL

#30 Oct 29, 2007
CAF wrote:
<quoted text>
And you would be Hey Middle America's wife...sister...or both?
More hateful insults from the left.
Lucy

Boca Raton, FL

#31 Oct 29, 2007
CAF wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah...blah blah blah blah...blah blah blah...cut-n-paste...blah blah blah. Oh, and the "communist and fat" thing has really gotten old. It ran its course about two weeks ago. If you're trying for stand up comedy, get some new material. Perhaps a photo of you standing on the porch of your trailer, beer in one hand, bible in the other, and an Aryan Nation poster in the background. Big smile now: we want to see all 3 of your teeth.
Usually the left calls us wealthy elite. Now you are calling us trailer trash. Can you please be consistent with your insults? And maybe you don't realize this, but since Abe Lincoln freed the slaves, the Republican party has always been the one for racial equality. How many high level minorities did Clinton appoint? None! Please read "My Grandfathers Son" by Clarence Thomas. It would be very enlightening for you.(And notice that I got my point across without calling you any names.)
Rusty

Boca Raton, FL

#32 Oct 29, 2007
Hey Democrats: Why not do like Argentina did and elect the First Lady!(Mrs. Clinton) Ha ha ha ha! Let's see, would you call that nepotism, imperialism, facism, or socialism? No, it's just stupid!
John in Miami

Boca Raton, FL

#33 Oct 29, 2007
OK let's be civil if that's possible. This is just an observation. Back when Clinton was last elected, there was no FOX Cable News, and there was not that many politial stations on the radio. I think it was dominated by sports and Neil Rogers. Now you look at the picture. Rush, Hannety, Levin, Beck, Schnitt, did I miss any? There are so many. And the amazing thing is, Fox broadcast and cable viewers outnumber all of the others put together. That makes you a just little bit nervous, does it?
Philo Beddo

New Orleans, LA

#34 Oct 29, 2007
Yeah Right wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all stop confusing Insults with Observations. And please do not drop the 10 commandments to us, worry about your 10 Constitutional ammendments that your B.S. Administration (Bush, Shenney) are trying to take away from U.S.
This should keep you informed...
Bill of Rights vs The Patriot Act
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GeU8KvJcDpYXX
http://jointhefightforfreedom.com/node/16
The war on civil liberties - 3 parts
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I have another prediction, after this links go out, the sentinel will kill this post, so copy them somewhre else.
So if you are a hawkish repug, it's an insult, if you are a spineless lefty, it's an observation? How do you spell double standard? Don't answer the knock at your door later tonight. The thought police are coming!
stan

AOL

#35 Oct 29, 2007
THIS BOOB CHAIRMAN MITCHEL CEASAR SOUNDS LIKE A POLITICAL FOOL .THAT NOT WHAT I HEARD,FRIST IF THIS IS JUST A FAMILY SQUABBLE WHY WOULD A CONGRESSMAN ALCEE HASTINGS AND BILL NELSON SUE THE DNC,WHY WOULD NONE OF THE PRESIDENTAL CANDIDATES COME TO THE CONVENTION.WHY IS IT THAT HOWARD DEAN IS THREATENING TO NOT SIT THE FLORIDA DELEGATION,THIS JOKER CALLS IT A FAMILY SQUABBLE WHEN THE FACE OF ALL FLORIDANS ARE SLAPPED ON THE FACE ,CEASER SHOULD BE THROWIN OUT OF THE BROWARD DEC
HistoryRepeatsIt self

United States

#36 Oct 30, 2007
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually the left calls us wealthy elite. Now you are calling us trailer trash. Can you please be consistent with your insults? And maybe you don't realize this, but since Abe Lincoln freed the slaves, the Republican party has always been the one for racial equality. How many high level minorities did Clinton appoint? None! Please read "My Grandfathers Son" by Clarence Thomas. It would be very enlightening for you.(And notice that I got my point across without calling you any names.)
Your lack of knowledge is overwhelming...wake up...all the right wing dixiecrats run the Republican party now...it did get away from you...only that would not be hard to do...
paul

Staten Island, NY

#37 Nov 26, 2007
I agree with lucy totally, look how Mike Gravel totally cleaned the floor with them and that is why they got rid of him from the debates. What a winner Gravel has proven to be both now and in Vietnam. Salute President Gravel. And it even sounds nice, similar to President groovy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Gravel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Gravel, ex-Alaska senator, to lead up... (Jan '15) Jan '15 RustyS 2
News Ex-senator from Alaska to run marijuana company (Dec '14) Dec '14 Le Jimbo 1
News Former Sen. Mike Gravel says White House suppre... (May '13) May '13 DC tells it like ... 16
News From JFK to Sept. 11, conspiracy theories thrive (Aug '11) Aug '11 true 56
News Speakers' corner (Feb '11) Feb '11 scout 1
News Ron Paul will ruin the dreams of the 2012 fring... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Crazy n Nutty Pol... 1
News History not kind to campaign write-in candidates (Sep '10) Sep '10 Raoul Thibideaux 1
More from around the web