If You'll Take My Couch, I'll Vote Fo...

If You'll Take My Couch, I'll Vote For You

There are 11 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Aug 31, 2008, titled If You'll Take My Couch, I'll Vote For You. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

I'm ashamed to say that, as I beheld the 78,000 packed into a Denver football stadium to hear Barack Obama Thursday night, my first thought was: I wonder if any of those people would like my couch? That's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Jeff Weaver

AOL

#1 Sep 1, 2008
I like what Sarah Palin stands for. I like this choice of her being our Vice President. She may just be our first woman President. She and McCain get my vote. She gets my vote for President, if she decides to run. I have asked people around me what they know of her and everything is very positive. People do know her and what she stands for issues wise. What her daughter is going through right now, I totally agree with how her family is handling it and it is none of my business or anyone elses. No one is perfect and neither am I. I am glad to finally have someone that is like us and knows what it is like to have to live a real life and go through struggles that we go through. McCain could not have made a better pick. Go get'em Sarah!
K Reeves

Ballston Spa, NY

#2 Sep 1, 2008
Palin has more executive experience than Obama period. Funny how nobody thought there was a problem with Hillary running for president with only a handful of years as a Senator (which is a far cry easier than being a Governor) and Hillary had NO experience when first voted in as a Senator. And I don't see any problem with blowing that rabbits head off and making stew out of it. Go Palin!
JoeC

Irvine, CA

#3 Sep 2, 2008
If you want to get rid of furniture, try the Hartford Catholic Worker at
"The Hartford Catholic Worker
18 Clark St, Hartford, CT 06120

The Hartford Catholic Worker House is part of the nationwide Catholic Worker movement. The Catholic Worker Movement, founded by Dorothy Day and Peter Maurin in 1933, is grounded in a firm belief in the dignity of every human person. Today over 185 Catholic Worker communities remain committed to nonviolence, voluntary poverty, and hospitality for the poor."

Initially, I had included phone numbers and contact information, but, evidently, that is discouraged by the Courant, perhaps wisely.

Anyway, I would be surprised if they did not take your stuff.
reader

Willimantic, CT

#4 Sep 2, 2008
yes, Palin is an excelent choice. at least she is FOR LIFE. it is time to end the culture of death that has plagued this country since roe v. wade. why are the left wing-nuts so anti life, anti jesus (or religions in general, christianity in particular)anti right and wrong? this "i'm ok, you're ok" crapola has run its course and has taken the country donw with it. no, everything is NOT ok. i think the libs, like mr. mcenroe, are running scared. you can hear it in his nervous laughter as he grasps for jokes against ms. palin. there's something oddly uncomfortable and pathetic listening to people nervously laugh at their own "jokes". ms. palin is a breath of fresh air. at least she HAS EXECUTIVE experience. obama?? nada.
sarahm

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#5 Sep 2, 2008
Well, I see the Palin-bots are out in full force.
Bill

Cheshire, CT

#7 Sep 6, 2008
I saw one Fox commentator say that Palin has foreign policy experience because Russia is next to Alaska. Okay...
UNCLE SAM IS BACK

Southbury, CT

#8 Sep 7, 2008
Colin....you are an idiot. You are a brain dead liberal. No story about Dudd and Fannie and Freddie hugh? So now we are on the hook to the tune of 50 BILLION due to Dudd doing a lousey job and no story from the HC or you?

interesting very interesting.

p.s. Palin is going to kick Biden's ass!!!!! lets see BIDEN was WROING on almost every foriegn policy issue he has ever voted on since 1973 when he helped dystory the Repbulic of South Vietnam.
UNCLE SAM IS BACK

Southbury, CT

#9 Sep 7, 2008
sarahm wrote:
Well, I see the Palin-bots are out in full force.
AND THEN A LIGHT WILL SHINE ON YOU AND YOU WILL COME TO OBAMAH.
THIS IS THE MOMENT THE WATERS STOPPED RISING....
PALIN-BOTS MAYBE BUT WORSHIPING OBAHMA AS A LIBERAL FACIST GOD....NEVER.
1390 levine

New Orleans, LA

#10 Sep 7, 2008
MCCAIN WILL WIN BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO ELECT HIM,.............. AND WE NEED TO DO THIS IN A BIG WAY. BECAUSE THE DEAD WILL VOTE FOR B HUSSEIN O, AND THIS WIN NEED TO BE BIG WIN.ALL THE CHEATER WILL BE OUT THERE SO WE NEED TO WATCH THIS ELECTION.....REMEMBER THE LAST ONE. AFTER THE ELECTION WE WILL GET AMERICA MOVING AGAIN. AND WITH MCCAIN , WE WILL OVERCOME OUR HARDSHIPS TO MAKE AMERICA BETTER................. AS CITIZENS EACH OF US WILL HELP.................VOTE MCCAIN/PALIN.
Craigish

Avon, CT

#11 Sep 7, 2008
How is it possible that the discussion about Palin does not start and stop with the fact that she would allow creationism to be taught as part of a SCIENCE curriculum?

She's the new spokes-model for the Pepublican Party.
Linda Pepitu

Hartford, CT

#12 Sep 8, 2008
Craigish wrote:
How is it possible that the discussion about Palin does not start and stop with the fact that she would allow creationism to be taught as part of a SCIENCE curriculum?
She's the new spokes-model for the Pepublican Party.
I hear that's a somewhat bogus claim (like so many others). My understanding is she simply wanted students to be able to debate 'intelligent design' and evolution. Not that she wanted schools to endorse the ID view. I don't have any problem with that. Let the kids discuss it.

I'm starting to take everything bad said about Palin with a grain of salt. It's obviously all coming out of the left wing blogosphere and lacks credibility.

And that 'trooper-gate' thing; If my safety commissioner didn't fire a rogue cop who was a threat to the state's citizens, I'd have canned his hide too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Gravel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Gravel, ex-Alaska senator, to lead up... (Jan '15) Jan '15 RustyS 2
News Ex-senator from Alaska to run marijuana company (Dec '14) Dec '14 Le Jimbo 1
News Former Sen. Mike Gravel says White House suppre... (May '13) May '13 DC tells it like ... 16
News From JFK to Sept. 11, conspiracy theories thrive (Aug '11) Aug '11 true 56
News Speakers' corner (Feb '11) Feb '11 scout 1
News Ron Paul will ruin the dreams of the 2012 fring... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Crazy n Nutty Pol... 1
News History not kind to campaign write-in candidates (Sep '10) Sep '10 Raoul Thibideaux 1
More from around the web