bartlett police department; lt. rory ...

bartlett police department; lt. rory mack; drug enforcement agency

There are 15 comments on the WREG story from Sep 25, 2010, titled bartlett police department; lt. rory mack; drug enforcement agency. In it, WREG reports that:

The Mid-South joins a nationwide effort to crack down on abuse of prescription drugs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

Better Idea

Memphis, TN

#1 Sep 25, 2010
the Church Health center on Peabody in Memphis provides health care services for the poor working. They have a staff of mostly volunteers that range from nurses to pharmists. They will accept donations of left over drug samples amd medications, verify them, and fill perscriptions for the uninsurred working poor. Contact them to take your medications instead of just being destroyed and doing no one any good
Recycle

Memphis, TN

#2 Sep 25, 2010
give your drugs to the Church Health Center in Memphis. They verify them and then use them to fill perscriptions for the needy
bblue

Millington, TN

#3 Sep 25, 2010
great idea posters, i will remember that and give them to the CHC
daMan

Millington, TN

#4 Sep 25, 2010
lorotabs are good for 4 years.... trust me...
Interesting

Memphis, TN

#5 Sep 25, 2010
So, we need a day designated to getting rid of prescription drugs? If these drugs are going to be destroyed, why not just encourage people to flush their old drugs? I do understand it not being a good thing to have them around. But, I think we need to address the root of the problem, too. Doctors are just too quick to prescribe medication. Some things can be controlled with diet changes.

The last time I went to the doctor, he prescribed medication, which the nurse handed to me as I was leaving the exam room. He didn't even take the time before hand to explain what they were for. I had to get him to come back and explain them and why I needed them. One, I never filled; the other I only took a few. I googled them, read the side effects and decided I could get better results just by eating differently. As you can see I am still alive and kicking.
The Truth

Collierville, TN

#6 Sep 25, 2010
Would you people just stop all this symbollic foolishness !!! Get out of the cave America !!! It's dark in there !
PayAtTention

New Orleans, LA

#7 Sep 25, 2010
Flushing is no longer safe for the environment.Throwing in the trash is also unsafe.This was a good idea,in my opinion,and necessary.
Philed prescriptio Hagood

Memphis, TN

#8 Sep 25, 2010
What can we do with out dated?
charlie

Ripley, TN

#9 Sep 26, 2010
Philed prescriptio Hagood wrote:
What can we do with out dated?
Take them to dropoff places
Rick

Cambodia

#10 Sep 26, 2010
Why would you create a program with so much potential abuse? How many of the drugs turned in will be sold back out on the streets by the corrupt police who have access to them? FLUSH YOUR OLD DRUGS DOWN THE TOILET!
WhatAsurprise

Memphis, TN

#11 Sep 26, 2010
Now it's a problem since its white kids who is abusing prescription drugs. WhatÂ’s next, get rid of all the spray cans, white-out and dust off.
Dr Nick

Collierville, TN

#12 Sep 27, 2010
Yeah, since Elvis died the pills have been piling up!
doughesson

Memphis, TN

#13 Sep 27, 2010
Because all sorts of drugs have been getting into the sewage system and mixing together in ways that normal sewage treatment procdures cannot eliminate from the water before it is returned to the river.
Because "we all live downstream",you should consider that what you are flushing for the folks downstream from Memphis to ingest however involuntarily,people UPstream from us are doing so as well.It is a concern for Memphians even if we do get all our drinking water from the aquifer that Memphis sits overtop.
Interesting wrote:
So, we need a day designated to getting rid of prescription drugs? If these drugs are going to be destroyed, why not just encourage people to flush their old drugs?...
TJMemphis

United States

#15 Sep 27, 2010
This is a good idea. Younger kids and some drug seeking adults won't be able to go into their grandparents/parents cabinet to try to see what they can get high off of...

Its so bad now, that I have heard stories of people getting used morophine patches out of their relatives trash suffering from cancer and chewing them!!!!

Disgusting!!!
WDaF

Germantown, TN

#16 Sep 28, 2010
Don't these people have a toilet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midsouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mysterious rumbling noise baffles Mid-South res... (Jan '10) Jan '16 gadfly 22
News Mid-South Community College names new chancellor (Jun '15) Jun '15 wow 1
News west memphis 3, west memphis three. Jay Salpete... (Sep '10) Feb '15 Old 14
News First fire, now global pressure (Mar '07) Jan '15 american 9
News Norfolk Southern Wrangles With Detractors Over ... (Feb '09) Jun '14 Punk 9
News Loan growth at credit unions up in Miss., Tenn.... (Sep '13) Sep '13 John 1
News Sovereign Citizen Movement Hits Mid-South (May '10) Apr '13 WHITE WEZEL 81
More from around the web