Sovereign Citizen Movement Hits Mid-S...

Sovereign Citizen Movement Hits Mid-South

There are 81 comments on the WREG story from May 25, 2010, titled Sovereign Citizen Movement Hits Mid-South. In it, WREG reports that:

There are about 400 registered Sovereigns in Tennessee. Sovereigns believe the government has no authority to control their lives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

Toldyaso

Memphis, TN

#62 May 29, 2010
problem diagnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooh, someone learned how to use thesaurus.com and Wikipedia. Color me unimpressed.
Ahh, now I understand your hostility! You think I have stolen your fonts of knowledge. Let me put your mind at ease. While those might be appropriate sources at the Vo-Tech school you matriculated from; serious scholars don't use them. So unless you wish to share the fate of Nicholas; a student of your caliber and demeanor, I suggest you study really really hard. Then, some day you might get to attend a real college and work your way up to an Associate's degree.

I am done wasting my time with you, you bore me, however, keep working on your lexicon. I suggest reading books that have more than 50 pages and aren't published by Marvel or DC Comics.
BREAL

Aurora, CO

#63 May 29, 2010
H Roach wrote:
<quoted text>How do we know your version of the truth is the real truth? How come our truth is'nt true? In your truth would you be the leader of this nation? Are you the messiah? Have you come to free us? Maybe you should write a book about this truth.PLEASE show all of us poor AMERICAN slave's how we can be free of this tyrannee. Just reading your post remind's me of another great leader in history. Only thing is he actually did more than sit around in this country talking about sovereignity and moved away. Hey why dont' you take your que from him. His name was Jim Jones, by all mean's follow his lead buddy.
There we go.....FINALLY someone who has a brain! As I have said.....PLEASE DONT believe me......GO LOOK FOR YOURSELF.....I didnt believe much of this stuff when I was first waking up either.......Your truth isnt true because you have been badly lied to. You all see it, you all can sense it, but when someone starts to show you why ........you ridicule it. I am a leader, and I am not just sitting around doing nothing. There is a whole movement of people in this country who are diligently working to restore OUR country to its intended condition. Many very smart people have already wrote books and give seminars on this corruption and more people than you think are aware of it.

Again, you or anyone else PLEASE DO NOT believe anything I have said.......go research it yourself.
Cynic

Memphis, TN

#64 May 29, 2010
BREAL wrote:
<quoted text>There we go.....FINALLY someone who has a brain! As I have said.....PLEASE DONT believe me......GO LOOK FOR YOURSELF.....I didnt believe much of this stuff when I was first waking up either.......Your truth isnt true because you have been badly lied to. You all see it, you all can sense it, but when someone starts to show you why ........you ridicule it. I am a leader, and I am not just sitting around doing nothing. There is a whole movement of people in this country who are diligently working to restore OUR country to its intended condition. Many very smart people have already wrote books and give seminars on this corruption and more people than you think are aware of it.
Again, you or anyone else PLEASE DO NOT believe anything I have said.......go research it yourself.
ROFLMAO...you didn't recognize the sarcasm. Good Grief you are an idiot. The book sellers are making money off of fools like you that are so pathetic and desparate to change their circumstances they are willing to try anything. If you insist on living in a fantasy world, start playing Second Life or Everquest, or Lord of the Rings or World of Warcraft or any of the other on-line fanatasy games; at least then you won't be tempted to hurt yourself or others as a result of your paranoid delusions.
BREAL

Aurora, CO

#65 May 29, 2010
Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO...you didn't recognize the sarcasm. Good Grief you are an idiot. The book sellers are making money off of fools like you that are so pathetic and desparate to change their circumstances they are willing to try anything. If you insist on living in a fantasy world, start playing Second Life or Everquest, or Lord of the Rings or World of Warcraft or any of the other on-line fanatasy games; at least then you won't be tempted to hurt yourself or others as a result of your paranoid delusions.
Please tell me what I am living in fantasy about?
Cynic

Memphis, TN

#66 May 31, 2010
BREAL wrote:
<quoted text>Please tell me what I am living in fantasy about?
The whole sovereign movement is about a bunch of foolish malcontents that are absolutely ignorant of civics, commercial law, constitutional law and tax law. Is that specific enough??? The movement was started by a con artist from the Posse Comittus(spelling) movement. This whole thing is as legitimate as the Da Vinci Code. So wise up, get educated, get into the real world; leave that paranoid delusion you have wrapped yourself up in and you will find that you are a whole lot happier.
BREAL

Aurora, CO

#67 May 31, 2010
Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole sovereign movement is about a bunch of foolish malcontents that are absolutely ignorant of civics, commercial law, constitutional law and tax law. Is that specific enough??? The movement was started by a con artist from the Posse Comittus(spelling) movement. This whole thing is as legitimate as the Da Vinci Code. So wise up, get educated, get into the real world; leave that paranoid delusion you have wrapped yourself up in and you will find that you are a whole lot happier.
Yes I have heard plenty of opinions here.......where is your proof to back up ANY of what you claim? Please explain and give specific examples of "foolish malcontents"???
The Posse Comitatus Act is just an Act.....nothing more......it is not a movement. There are several other Acts that you should familiarize yourself with. You my friend are the one needing to "wise up, get educated".......sounds like you were "educated" or a better word would be "indoctrinated" or the psychological term "imprinted" in the public fool system.
Cynic

Memphis, TN

#68 May 31, 2010
I am aware of the law, passed in 1878. It has been debated quite a bit especially when utilizing Air Force and Navy assets in the war on drugs. However, that is not what I am referring to. What I am referring to is the Christian Identity offshoot that was started by William Gale in the 1970's. http://www.adl.org/poisoning_web/posse.asp

http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/american/adl/...

Here are some antics of your fellow "believers"
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelli...

Do you have any other questions? Amazingly, you are ignorant of the history of your own movement. You, yourself prove the point of low-brow, ignorant(lack of knowlege) malcontents. You are the the classic cult recruit. An underachiever with grandious delusions in a situation that you feel is beneath your proper station. Since you are so special, the only way (in your fantasy world) that you can be held down is some great governmental conspiracy to deprive you of what you feel is rightfully yours. What makes you so pitiful is that you revel proudly in your ignorance and self-delusion.
BREAL

Aurora, CO

#69 May 31, 2010
Cynic wrote:
I am aware of the law, passed in 1878. It has been debated quite a bit especially when utilizing Air Force and Navy assets in the war on drugs. However, that is not what I am referring to. What I am referring to is the Christian Identity offshoot that was started by William Gale in the 1970's. http://www.adl.org/poisoning_web/posse.asp
http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/american/adl/...
Here are some antics of your fellow "believers"
Do you have any other questions? Amazingly, you are ignorant of the history of your own movement. You, yourself prove the point of low-brow, ignorant(lack of knowlege) malcontents. You are the the classic cult recruit. An underachiever with grandious delusions in a situation that you feel is beneath your proper station. Since you are so special, the only way (in your fantasy world) that you can be held down is some great governmental conspiracy to deprive you of what you feel is rightfully yours. What makes you so pitiful is that you revel proudly in your ignorance and self-delusion.
WOW.....all of that is a LIE! You need to stop blindly believing things you simply pulled off of the internet. I am relying on the law as well as their own US codes, statutes, regulations, ordinances, etc. to form my opinions about financial matters and other matters of importance. You however have nothing to back your position .......other than some link to a bunch of lies and propaganda that.....obviously worked ...on YOU!......WOW!!!! This was your proof .....your incompetence is blatant....WOW!!!
Cynic

Memphis, TN

#70 Jun 1, 2010
BREAL wrote:
<quoted text>WOW.....all of that is a LIE! You need to stop blindly believing things you simply pulled off of the internet. I am relying on the law as well as their own US codes, statutes, regulations, ordinances, etc. to form my opinions about financial matters and other matters of importance. You however have nothing to back your position .......other than some link to a bunch of lies and propaganda that.....obviously worked ...on YOU!......WOW!!!! This was your proof .....your incompetence is blatant....WOW!!!
As this is an internet forum, all the 'documentation' must come from internet sources.

???? So you are saying that Gale, Cruz and Elvick are phantoms? You are engaging in a typical tactic of the clueless, deny, deny , deny..everybody else lies but you. How delusional! Since I am done talking to you...to quote Swift "None are so blind as those that will not see." I will show you one more piece of documentation that of course you will deny and claim is a lie. But anyone else following this will be able to see through your idiocy. http://www.justice.gov/usao/flm/pr/2008/Augus...
Poo Poo

Humboldt, TN

#71 Jun 1, 2010
Fat Black Mammy wrote:
Dis be fine wif me !
All you WHITE DEBBILS can go back to stupid polack land wheres you all come from an be as soverin as you pleases !
Quit smellin up Memphis an GETS OUT !
Now this be a fine bitch. Hey baby I like big butts. You tell them crackers. I agree wit Fat Black Mammy. How about a date you sweetheart ? I like them little white butts but I like a big black one too.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#72 Jun 1, 2010
AKA Anarchists. You see all the problems they create.
Harley Rider

Cordova, TN

#73 Jun 1, 2010
Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
As this is an internet forum, all the 'documentation' must come from internet sources.
???? So you are saying that Gale, Cruz and Elvick are phantoms? You are engaging in a typical tactic of the clueless, deny, deny , deny..everybody else lies but you. How delusional! Since I am done talking to you...to quote Swift "None are so blind as those that will not see." I will show you one more piece of documentation that of course you will deny and claim is a lie. But anyone else following this will be able to see through your idiocy. http://www.justice.gov/usao/flm/pr/2008/Augus...
Ok, I am not here to stick up for the Sovereigns. Guys are nutcases and wackjobs. Don't like racists groups, fringe lunatic groups, militia groups or any of the rest of that nonsense.
However, I would like to bring up the fact that there are plenty of people in the political spectrum, both black and white, that are aware of the scam that is called the Southern Poverty Law Center. If yuo do a google search about them, you find out that they are a multi-million dollar corporation that is known for keeping their employment all white, have been accused of discrimination against hiring or promoting minorities that work under them and alot of the money that they have been awarded over the yeears in lawsuits against the Klan and such went to the Center and little to none of the awards went to the actual victims of hate crimes. Morris Dees, the founder of that center even publicly stated that he knew how to make money off of the public by watching ministers get donations as a younger man. Here is another thing about Southern Poverty Law Center, they are notorious for placing people on their hate list who do not adhere to EVERYTHING, that they endorse. They even tried to claim that Lord of the Rings was racist fantasy at one point.
The SPLC would like for people to believe that there is millions of Klan members and Nazi groups lurking in every neighborhood and around every corner. They would want people to believe that every other white person is a bigot or supporting it.
I am not buying that. At one time, SPLC might have been necessary with the racial turmoil of the 60's, but like the Dylan song states "These times they are a changing" and I don't believe the fringe movment is nowhere as big or as dangerous as they are making it out to be.
I was disconcerted to see the SPLC even trying to lump the majority of Libertarians into the extremist fringe. I am a liberalistic Libertarian and with the exception of Ron/Rand Paul, both spin doctors that I do not support, I am here to tell you that the Libertarian movement is not a racial one.
Harley Rider

Cordova, TN

#74 Jun 1, 2010
Sorry Cynic, I was trying to reply to the post in number #68 and not the post in number #70. I had heard of the Posse Comitatus but did not know who they were. I am not denying the insanity and paranoia of groups like that, my whole point was about the SPLC. Call me naive but I fail to believe that the vast majority of Americans are in the lunatic fringe.
Cynic

Memphis, TN

#75 Jun 1, 2010
Harley Rider wrote:
Sorry Cynic, I was trying to reply to the post in number #68 and not the post in number #70. I had heard of the Posse Comitatus but did not know who they were. I am not denying the insanity and paranoia of groups like that, my whole point was about the SPLC. Call me naive but I fail to believe that the vast majority of Americans are in the lunatic fringe.
LOL, not a problem. I am not a big fan of the SPLC. However, of the many descriptions/histories out there; their description of the Sovereign group et al was the most concise.
BREAL

Aurora, CO

#76 Jun 2, 2010
Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct .....THIS is an internet forum. However, the documentation I am referring to is........ALL IN THE LAW! I do not need anyone to tell me or teach me anything......and if they do ......I always go and verify it!

Roger Elvick and the others that you mentioned were pioneers and trailblazers with much of this stuff and some of them paid the price. Roger was trying to make a purchase with a financial instrument. HJR 192 is the law that allows us to discharge or set-off debt......but its ONLY for debts......NOT purchases. That was why we got into trouble, but people have learned from his mistakes and NO ONE who does it correctly ends up in jail.

You and people like you who DONT know ANYTHING but who go around perpetuating lies are the reason our country is in the condition its in.

Wise up.......STOP believing things you read online......learn how to do your own research.....then go do your OWN research.....then you can post something with some substance and facts to support what you say.
Cynic

Memphis, TN

#77 Jun 2, 2010
BREAL wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct .....THIS is an internet forum. However, the documentation I am referring to is........ALL IN THE LAW! I do not need anyone to tell me or teach me anything......and if they do ......I always go and verify it!
Roger Elvick and the others that you mentioned were pioneers and trailblazers with much of this stuff and some of them paid the price. Roger was trying to make a purchase with a financial instrument. HJR 192 is the law that allows us to discharge or set-off debt......but its ONLY for debts......NOT purchases. That was why we got into trouble, but people have learned from his mistakes and NO ONE who does it correctly ends up in jail.
You and people like you who DONT know ANYTHING but who go around perpetuating lies are the reason our country is in the condition its in.
Wise up.......STOP believing things you read online......learn how to do your own research.....then go do your OWN research.....then you can post something with some substance and facts to support what you say.
I said I was done talking to you, but you are so blatantly foolish it is hard not to, since you are so abjectly asinine it is like watching the 3 stooges; just can't turn it off. LOL...what a dweeb. HJR 192 is a RESOLUTION, it is not a law; therefore nitwit; to cite the Resolution as a 'legal' means to discharge a debt is to be WRONG!!!!!!!

A resolution has no legal status whatsoever. I also notice you did not address the fact that you were wrong about the Possee Commitatus(never can spell that correctly) being a movement and not just a LAW. Notice the difference, the PC was a LAW passed in 1878; the HJR was a RESOLUTION passed in 1933.

Give it up, learn your civics..like the difference between a LAW and a Resolution.

K, I will try and leave you alone now. It is just too easy to pick apart you inane arguments and demented rantings.
BREAL

Aurora, CO

#78 Jun 3, 2010
Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I was done talking to you, but you are so blatantly foolish it is hard not to, since you are so abjectly asinine it is like watching the 3 stooges; just can't turn it off. LOL...what a dweeb. HJR 192 is a RESOLUTION, it is not a law; therefore nitwit; to cite the Resolution as a 'legal' means to discharge a debt is to be WRONG!!!!!!!
A resolution has no legal status whatsoever. I also notice you did not address the fact that you were wrong about the Possee Commitatus(never can spell that correctly) being a movement and not just a LAW. Notice the difference, the PC was a LAW passed in 1878; the HJR was a RESOLUTION passed in 1933.
Give it up, learn your civics..like the difference between a LAW and a Resolution.
K, I will try and leave you alone now. It is just too easy to pick apart you inane arguments and demented rantings.
The only thing that is blatant is your incompetence! The more you try and comment on things you know NOTHING about the more idiotic you look!

First off......HJR 192 IS a law.....it was later codified at "Public Law 73-10" SO YES MORON......IT IS A LAW!!!!

Secondly, I am NOT wrong about the Posse Comitatus Act(you cant spell this correctly because you are an imbecile).....IT WAS AN ACT!!! It was a very significant Act and if a group of people who study the law names their group after it then that is one thing........but the name of their group ....came from the ACT!!

You never respond back with any substance or proof to back up ANY of your idiocy. Please DO NOT respond back unless you bring facts to the table.......which you have not done even once! Go look up PUBLIC LAW 73-10 .......so you can feel STUPID! Then go look up the Posse Comitatus Act ....you will see that it was passed in the late 1800s......so are you trying to tell me this group you are refering to has been around since before that time??

WOW???? I DONT get my information from any "groups" I get it from the LAW!!! Unlike you who just turns on the TV.....then has an opinion.
Cynic

Memphis, TN

#79 Jun 3, 2010
BREAL wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing that is blatant is your incompetence! The more you try and comment on things you know NOTHING about the more idiotic you look!
First off......HJR 192 IS a law.....it was later codified at "Public Law 73-10" SO YES MORON......IT IS A LAW!!!!
Secondly, I am NOT wrong about the Posse Comitatus Act(you cant spell this correctly because you are an imbecile).....IT WAS AN ACT!!! It was a very significant Act and if a group of people who study the law names their group after it then that is one thing........but the name of their group ....came from the ACT!!
You never respond back with any substance or proof to back up ANY of your idiocy. Please DO NOT respond back unless you bring facts to the table.......which you have not done even once! Go look up PUBLIC LAW 73-10 .......so you can feel STUPID! Then go look up the Posse Comitatus Act ....you will see that it was passed in the late 1800s......so are you trying to tell me this group you are refering to has been around since before that time??
WOW???? I DONT get my information from any "groups" I get it from the LAW!!! Unlike you who just turns on the TV.....then has an opinion.
LOL, as I said before about you and your ilk, you only read half of what is written and then misconstrue the half you do read. Go back and re-read my posts and yours. I specifically stated that the Posse Comitatus(PC) came about in the 1970's as a CI offshoot and that the Sovereign movement was derived from the PC. The act was passed in 1878, again I had posted that bit of information. You (in post #67) stated it was just and Act; not a group. I have shown you were wrong. HJR 192 is a RESOLUTION, and therefore has no legal standing. As you yourself noted, A LAW was later passed, threfore if one is going to reference law, then one should reference the LAW not the RESOLUTION. I bring facts, supported by documentation, youjust choose to ignore them since they contradict you delusions. I am done with you. Spew on, and know that we laugh at you.
matt

Katy, TX

#80 Jan 21, 2011
Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe the drivel you just attempted to communicate, you are nuttier than squirrel poop. Just like the followers of Jim Jones, the Sovereign believers are by and large poorly educated desparate fools looking for free money. Do everyone a favor, drink your koolaid and suck start a pistol, then you will be free of government and we will be free of your idiocy.
You're hate speech just speaks wonders about your intelligence. Idiot.
MickeyG

Salem, IN

#81 Jan 15, 2012
Read the law people, or I really should say statutes. All actions are civil actions, even criminal. Why? It is all about money. It is all about debt (of the nation) and money. You never pay ANY DEBT. It is discharged. Our money IS MONETIZED DEBT. This is all fact and easily re-searchable with the internet. All the code is riddles. They (lawyers acting as government) will literally change a definition 10 times in one act. There is only reason to do that, fraud!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midsouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mysterious rumbling noise baffles Mid-South res... (Jan '10) Sep '17 SSS 23
News Cranksgiving on Friday and Saturday (Nov '16) Nov '16 StateTrooper 1
News Mid-South Community College names new chancellor (Jun '15) Jun '15 wow 1
News west memphis 3, west memphis three. Jay Salpete... (Sep '10) Feb '15 Old 14
News First fire, now global pressure (Mar '07) Jan '15 american 9
News Norfolk Southern Wrangles With Detractors Over ... (Feb '09) Jun '14 Punk 9
News Loan growth at credit unions up in Miss., Tenn.... (Sep '13) Sep '13 John 1