west memphis 3, west memphis three. J...

west memphis 3, west memphis three. Jay Salpeter; West memphis ...

There are 6 comments on the WREG story from Feb 27, 2010, titled west memphis 3, west memphis three. Jay Salpeter; West memphis .... In it, WREG reports that:

There is an effort to re-open a well known triple murder case from the Mid-South. A renowned cold case detective is asking for new tips about the killings of three West Memphis boys back in 1993.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

cobobbi

United States

#1 Mar 26, 2010
Any help that comes to these three wrongfully convicted men is much appreciated! Thank you Mr. Salpeter! I have been a follower of this case for the past 14 years or so. I know that the "WM3" are innocent and need to be freed. They need to find the actual killers of these children and punish the people who deserve to be punished! There are tens of thousands of people who believe that Damien, Jason and Jesse are innocent and that there were MAJOR blunders in the investigation and prosecution of these horrific crimes. Those three murdered little boys DESERVE justice and those wrongly accused men deserve new trials, if not outright freedom and exoneration! We are all watching Arkansas! FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!!!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 27, 2010
The jury's decision should really just be vacated, given what we know now.

That won't happen, most likely.

At the very least, as I have said.....let's have a new trial. If people are so certain in their guilt, and the evidence, why are they afraid of a new trial?

I say this having been 7-8 years old, living in West Memphis, at the time of the murders. I understand the hysteria. That dosen't mean we should keep innocent men in jail.

I'm 24 years old. I lived in WM until 14 days before my 21st birthday. Witnessing firsthand what the WMPD is capable of is what really convinced me....I was on the fence until then.
poppax3

Brownsville, TN

#3 Mar 27, 2010
It's hard to beleive that Dameon Echols is innocent. He sat in the court room blowing kisses to the victims family. Now he says he was just a kid acting out. Bulls hit. He was old enough to know what was going on and the severity of the charges but chose to act like a animal. The guy should be put out of his misery.
Captain Redneck

Blytheville, AR

#4 Mar 27, 2010
And that's the problem exactly. His actions after arrest are what got him convicted and not any real evidence.My partner lived next door to Baldwin at Lakeshore and we saw them all the time,he acted like a punk ass kid with a chip on his shoulder.If they didn't do it I can easily see how they could have thought they'd never be convicted and so reacted the only way he knew how..like a smart ass.I understand how a lot of people feel about him but this is the United States of America goddammit and we're not supposed convict folks of murder just for being a smart ass kid.The REAL WM3,the victims, deserve REAL justice.
jusjulie

United States

#5 Mar 27, 2010
Captain Redneck wrote:
And that's the problem exactly. His actions after arrest are what got him convicted and not any real evidence.My partner lived next door to Baldwin at Lakeshore and we saw them all the time,he acted like a punk ass kid with a chip on his shoulder.If they didn't do it I can easily see how they could have thought they'd never be convicted and so reacted the only way he knew how..like a smart ass.I understand how a lot of people feel about him but this is the United States of America goddammit and we're not supposed convict folks of murder just for being a smart ass kid.The REAL WM3,the victims, deserve REAL justice.
I agree with u, mr redneck .. and the fact that Damien was sentenced to death, based on NO physical evidence, is beyond me ..

I live in a small town, too .. smaller than WM (8000 ppl).. the silly rumors, that we hear about ppl around here, was enough to put a person is prison (which is pretty much all they had .. some smart ass teenagers, and a town fulla rumors) our prison's would be more overflowing than they r already ..lol

Since: Jan 10

dyer

#6 Mar 27, 2010
i feel that these young men deserve a new trial. there could possibly be a child killer out there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midsouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cranksgiving on Friday and Saturday (Nov '16) Nov '16 StateTrooper 1
News Mysterious rumbling noise baffles Mid-South res... (Jan '10) Jan '16 gadfly 22
News Mid-South Community College names new chancellor (Jun '15) Jun '15 wow 1
News west memphis 3, west memphis three. Jay Salpete... (Sep '10) Feb '15 Old 14
News First fire, now global pressure (Mar '07) Jan '15 american 9
News Norfolk Southern Wrangles With Detractors Over ... (Feb '09) Jun '14 Punk 9
News Loan growth at credit unions up in Miss., Tenn.... (Sep '13) Sep '13 John 1
More from around the web