Phillips says she hopes memoir can he...

Phillips says she hopes memoir can help others

There are 39 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 25, 2009, titled Phillips says she hopes memoir can help others. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

"I am sharing my truth," says Mackenzie Phillips, "in the hope that it helps other incest survivors." But just how true is her new book, "High on Arrival"? In this explosive new memoir, she defends her father, the Mamas and the Papas leader John Phillips , as a good man while claiming they had an incestuous affair that, over time, became ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Here I come to save the Day!”

Since: Jan 09

Gothem city

#1 Sep 26, 2009
I did not know they were Catholic. relax.. just kidding.

Since: May 09

Mounds Park, St Paul

#2 Sep 26, 2009
So Ms Phillips can dismiss incestuousness on the part of her father and she declares him a "good man." Ms Phillips needs a damn good psychologist.
Lil Lulu

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Sep 26, 2009
The sickest thing about this story is that the degenerates have made her book #3 on Amazon.And topix is so enthralled that this is the sixth story about it.

Gothem city

#4 Sep 26, 2009
Margie Gunderson wrote:
So Ms Phillips can dismiss incestuousness on the part of her father and she declares him a "good man." Ms Phillips needs a damn good psychologist.
No kidding!! Once a heroine addict always a heroine addict. They can not be trusted. They can look you in the eye and lie. You can usually tell because the preface their statements by "swear to God" Heroine will destroy everyones lives it comes close too. It is the evil poison of Satan. Hard to blame her when her father was instrumental in getting her to use drugs. I feel sorry for her family.

Mounds Park, St Paul

#5 Sep 26, 2009
Grandmaster G wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding!! Once a heroine addict always a heroine addict. They can not be trusted. They can look you in the eye and lie. You can usually tell because the preface their statements by "swear to God" Heroine will destroy everyones lives it comes close too. It is the evil poison of Satan. Hard to blame her when her father was instrumental in getting her to use drugs. I feel sorry for her family.
And how do we know her dad actually shot her up?After all, John Phillips is dead and she can say any whopper she wishes. I'm beginning to believe her step-mom, Michelle: I think she's fabricating a lot of this to sell books.
Lil Lulu

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Sep 26, 2009
Once a heroin addict always a heroin addict is totally false!It's less addictive than cigarettes.Do you know anyone who quit smoking years ago and now thinks they are nasty?Same goes for smack.
Lil Lulu

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Sep 26, 2009
Did I mention she looks like someone pulled her from a drain?

Mounds Park, St Paul

#8 Sep 26, 2009
Lil Lulu wrote:
No, but I'm glad you did. She's always looked like a drowned rat to me.

Gothem city

#9 Sep 26, 2009
Lil Lulu wrote:
How original..... just heard the same thing on Saturday night live...( just like you did)
And sorry but you are wrong. Ever hear of women selling their bodies for a cigarette. How about breaking and entering? losing their jobs, becoming homeless. Heroine is not Mothers Milk as you see to think.

Mounds Park, St Paul

#10 Sep 26, 2009
Grandmaster G wrote:
<quoted text>
How original..... just heard the same thing on Saturday night live...( just like you did)
And sorry but you are wrong. Ever hear of women selling their bodies for a cigarette. How about breaking and entering? losing their jobs, becoming homeless. Heroine is not Mothers Milk as you see to think.
"Poppies will make them sleeeep ..."

I wouldn't know about heroin, but quitting cigarets was h-a-r-d for me, boy howdy.

I just hope Ms Phillips doesn't take her new-found wealth and fall-off the wagon. The last thing she needs is drugs.

Gothem city

#11 Sep 27, 2009
Margie Gunderson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Poppies will make them sleeeep ..."
I wouldn't know about heroin, but quitting cigarets was h-a-r-d for me, boy howdy.
I just hope Ms Phillips doesn't take her new-found wealth and fall-off the wagon. The last thing she needs is drugs.
If you are like me, You do not dare smoke another cig because you would be right back on the train. I quit twice for six months only to start back up again. I then went dear hunting for 5 days without any cigs.... rough but it worked. Yet, I am way too scared to try another one. I quit 22 years ago but know it is more powerful than I am. Therefore, I stay away. Heroine, different story, My best friend died from an over douse. I never did the drug but watched it control his every move. Heart breaking to say the least. Mackenzie has pretended to be off the needle several times only to prove she was still using. That is what I mean, You can't trust them! so when I hear people tell me the addiction to Cigs is equal to heroine... well that is just silly. I just lost an employee to an addiction to Oxycodone. Next step after that is usually heroine because it is cheap and easy to obtain.

Moral of the story, don't put anything in your body that Grandma would not approve of and don't sleep with anyone that has the same last name as you...... ok unless it is your spouse. How Bout them Vikes!

Mounds Park, St Paul

#12 Sep 27, 2009
Grandmaster G wrote:
<quoted text>

Moral of the story, don't put anything in your body that Grandma would not approve of and don't sleep with anyone that has the same last name as you...... ok unless it is your spouse. How Bout them Vikes!
Agreed ... and Brett's still got a pass or three left in him. Go Vikes!

Mounds Park, St Paul

#13 Sep 27, 2009
Grandmaster G wrote:
<quoted text>
Heroine, different story, My best friend died from an over douse. I never did the drug but watched it control his every move. Heart breaking to say the least. Mackenzie has pretended to be off the needle several times only to prove she was still using. That is what I mean, You can't trust them!!
And how terrible it must have been for you to watch someone you love and care for die slowly from addiction. I knew someone like that in LA, except he's not dead ... yet. A brilliant person who is still lost in a fog of drugs. No one can help him. I want to cry, thinking of the waste.

Ms Mackenzie, though I thought not very good in "One Day at a Time," was a credible actress, portraying a teen-aged, angst-filled Eleanor Roosevelt, on the TV mini-series "Eleanor and Franklin" in the 70s. Who knows what she could have accomplished?

Gothem city

#14 Sep 27, 2009
Margie Gunderson wrote:
<quoted text>
And how terrible it must have been for you to watch someone you love and care for die slowly from addiction. I knew someone like that in LA, except he's not dead ... yet. A brilliant person who is still lost in a fog of drugs. No one can help him. I want to cry, thinking of the waste.
Ms Mackenzie, though I thought not very good in "One Day at a Time," was a credible actress, portraying a teen-aged, angst-filled Eleanor Roosevelt, on the TV mini-series "Eleanor and Franklin" in the 70s. Who knows what she could have accomplished?
Yes it was terrible my pain did not compare to what it did to his daughter, my God daughter. And I had to listen to his 2nd wife tell me how she shot him up in the morning which caused his death. I guess I just have to remind myself how blessed I am that my children did not play that game. Too depressing to think of! I don't want to have to climb up on top of that high bridge in your avatar and do a swan dive.

Mounds Park, St Paul

#15 Sep 27, 2009
Grandmaster G wrote:
<quoted text>
Too depressing to think of! I don't want to have to climb up on top of that high bridge in your avatar and do a swan dive.
I will gladly change my avatar. Shh. Never ever speak such.

Gothem city

#16 Sep 27, 2009
Margie Gunderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I will gladly change my avatar. Shh. Never ever speak such.
SURELY I JEST.(quit calling me Shirley) I enjoy you array of photo's. I think a picture of Paul Bunyon would fit well. Remember when you and Norm would vacation up that way?

Mounds Park, St Paul

#18 Sep 28, 2009
Grandmaster G wrote:
<quoted text>
SURELY I JEST.(quit calling me Shirley) I enjoy you array of photo's. I think a picture of Paul Bunyon would fit well. Remember when you and Norm would vacation up that way?
Sorry about no Paul Bunyan pic. I got tired of all the Paul and Babe statues I looked at. All of our statues of them look demented.

Mounds Park, St Paul

#19 Sep 28, 2009
Grandmaster G wrote:
<quoted text>
And I see you have a parachute ...:)

So the High Bridge it is ...

Gothem city

#20 Sep 28, 2009
Margie Gunderson wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA!

I gotta have a back up plan.... nothing says the angels will catch me!

Gothem city

#21 Sep 28, 2009
Margie Gunderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like we have saturated this topix ...I don't want Norm to get the wrong idea.

I'll see you and your new photo somewhere else in the electric clouds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michelle Phillips Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Phillips nude! (Dec '11) Dec '11 Abbie 1
Michelle Phillips nude ! (May '11) May '11 Trenton 1
News Michelle Phillips to appear at free Cypress Pop... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Anon 2
More from around the web