Democrats to move Obama's big speech ...

Democrats to move Obama's big speech from 74,000-seater outdoor stadium to 20,000-seater indoor

There are 111 comments on the www.dailymail.co.uk story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Democrats to move Obama's big speech from 74,000-seater outdoor stadium to 20,000-seater indoor . In it, www.dailymail.co.uk reports that:

Democrats WILL move Obama's big speech from 74,000-seater outdoor stadium to smaller indoor arena citing bad weather Democrats today announced that President Barack Obama's big speech on Thursday night will move from the vast Bank of America stadium to the much-smaller Time Warner indoor arena.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.dailymail.co.uk.

Dane Thorsen

Long Beach, CA

#24 Sep 6, 2012
America Loves us some Bill Clinton!

The Speech reminded us all that Obama is no Clinton.

Clinton's unapologetic gratitude for the blessings of being American aligns him more with Governor Romney than BHO.

...Proud, patriotic American Democrats have no other choice.

Democrats Unite for Romney/Ryan 2012!
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#25 Sep 6, 2012
Dane Thorsen wrote:
America Loves us some Bill Clinton!
The Speech reminded us all that Obama is no Clinton.
Clinton's unapologetic gratitude for the blessings of being American aligns him more with Governor Romney than BHO.
...Proud, patriotic American Democrats have no other choice.
Democrats Unite for Romney/Ryan 2012!
NOT A CHANCE!

Our President rocks!

He eviscerated the GOP's claims with extraordinary candor.

Only the ill informed and under educated will vote for Romney.
Those with intelligence will NOT.
Druid Hill Commando

United States

#27 Sep 6, 2012
The democratic convention is in chaos.
The only chance the democrats have for a future is to abandon Obama and redefine themselves.
I voted for Obama, I was a big supporter but I am tired of his claims that everyone is better than they were 4 years ago, I don't see it anywhere.
I don't know anyone personally who is going to vote for him.
Dave

Oklahoma City, OK

#29 Sep 6, 2012
Well I am sure not going to give Romney or any damn republicans the presidential reigns over this country either. There is NO hope for those stuck in Stage 4 lack of intelligence cancer who cannot see the horrible mess Bush and his republican outlaws put this country in. Any man or woman in this country or world who can't or does'nt want to acknowledge the permanent damage caused by this diabolical creature named Bush was born with less intelligence than God gave a Jackass. I believe or hope that God will have enough mercy on those of us who don't want anymore republican abuse that He will not allow this Pure Greed republican and his dangerously ignorant followers to drive our country's steering wheel for the next 4 years. So far Obama is still ahead. Let all of us who aren't republicans pray that God will have mercy on our souls, atleast for another 4 years.
Cat74

United States

#31 Sep 6, 2012
Romney doesn't need your vote. He has this election won without iy. I do feel sorry for President Obama. The country will not reelect him, and he has to go home to Chicago in defeat. But the country is too big, and too important to experiment any longer.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#32 Sep 6, 2012
Hank wrote:
<snip for focus>

Sam Webb discussed the need for a third party consisting of the so-called working class and labor as well as “racially and nationally oppressed people, women, youth, immigrants, seniors, gay and straight.”

Webb, however, recognized that such a party is not likely to emerge by next year.

“Millions who have to be at the core of this party still operate under the umbrella of the Democratic Party, albeit increasingly in an independent fashion,” he noted.

Webb said that for communists there are major differences between Democrats and Republicans. He urged his supporters to continue to back the Democrats.
I would direct Webb to Gary Johnson, the legitimate Third Paty candidate for President in 2012, and the interesting Gary Johnson write-up on how voting for Gary Johnson in November is a "no brainer":

http://countrythinker.com/home/politics/votin...

"...Mitt Rom­ney did not run for reelec­tion [...] his polling num­bers were so bad he knew he didn’t have a chance at win­ning. Rom­ney... claims that he accom­plished most of the things he wanted to accom­plish and he didn’t want to become a career politi­cian."

"...Barack Obama [...] is respon­si­ble for what econ­o­mist Edward Lazear has iden­ti­fied as the worst eco­nomic recov­ery in his­tory. He is respon­si­ble for the largest bud­get deficits in human his­tory, and his Trea­sury Sec­re­tary has acknowl­edged that Team Obama has no plan what­so­ever as to how to deal with the prob­lem."

"...Mean­while, Gov­er­nor Gary John­son had two extremely suc­cess­ful terms as New Mexico’s chief exec­u­tive. He was reelected in a Democrat-dominated state even though he was rated the most fis­cally con­ser­v­a­tive Gov­er­nor at the time [...] The two major par­ties are wrong. You don’t have to pick between fail­ures. You can choose suc­cess instead, and in this case his name is Gary Johnson."

Unfortunately, the dirty dealers in the Republican party are working to keep Gary Johnson off the ballot in some states, and as it stand now GJ's only on the ballot in 43 states:

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/examiner-gary-...

Which again leaves many of us in the frustrating position of picking the "lesser" of two evils. Problem with that is that either one you pick you're still voting for evil.

“The larger issue is the guerrilla ballot access war being waged nationwide by the Republican Party on behalf of Mitt Romney. They clearly do not want voters to have the option of voting for Gov. Johnson in key states, and are frantically mounting challenges wherever they can in those states, such as Michigan, Pennsylvania and Iowa. They tried in both Ohio and Virginia, and failed.

“With their millions of dollars and endless supply of lawyers, Romney and the Republicans are forcing our campaign and our volunteers to protect and defend the simple democratic opportunity for voters in these states to support the candidate of their choice.

“Anyone who does not see a pattern here, given their serial ballot challenges and their treatment of Rep. Ron Paul at the convention in Tampa, is simply not looking. The national Republican Party and their candidate for President don’t want voters to have the opportunity to cast a vote for real liberty.”
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#33 Sep 6, 2012
Dave wrote:
Well I am sure not going to give Romney or any damn republicans the presidential reigns over this country either. There is NO hope for those stuck in Stage 4 lack of intelligence cancer who cannot see the horrible mess Bush and his republican outlaws put this country in. Any man or woman in this country or world who can't or does'nt want to acknowledge the permanent damage caused by this diabolical creature named Bush was born with less intelligence than God gave a Jackass. I believe or hope that God will have enough mercy on those of us who don't want anymore republican abuse that He will not allow this Pure Greed republican and his dangerously ignorant followers to drive our country's steering wheel for the next 4 years. So far Obama is still ahead. Let all of us who aren't republicans pray that God will have mercy on our souls, atleast for another 4 years.
Don't sugar-coat it!

Our president will easily defeat Romney and his minions.

Bill exposed them for the liars they are.

Mitt is forced to defend a virtual sea of lies from GOP members to Fox News.

Mitt is up against a seasoned, intelligent speaker, armed with facts, rather than lies.

Mitt will meltdown - in front of the American public - during this
debate.
August

Belleview, FL

#34 Sep 6, 2012
Dave wrote:
Let all of us who aren't republicans pray that God will have mercy on our souls, atleast for another 4 years.
Are you sure God's allowed in? There seemed to be some dispute over that last night.
Tired

Columbus, GA

#35 Sep 6, 2012
What does Romney really have to defend himself for, he hasn't done anything yet, all he can say is what he's going to do. Romney is a moderate, he proved that as Governor of Massachusetts.
President Obama has to defend what he has done and he has not governed from the center, he does not know how to compromise, he expected the republicans to do all the compromising and that shouldn't happen.
His agenda was and still too far to the left so he was ineffective as President. He has lost touch with the silent majority in the USA.

If this economy is going to be fixed, its going to take BOTH sides, Obama has proven he finds this unacceptable. Romney will have his chance when he is sworn in next January.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#36 Sep 6, 2012
Truth wrote:
I think ol Bill and Sandra Fluke got something going on....remember Hillary is in China a half a world away.
Sandra Fluke is pretty hot and does look like his type, and Bill did have that fire in his eyes as he nailed Romney for the crook he is... but I reckon Old Bill Clinton still gets the pick of the DNC groupies.

He had that same fire in his eye back in 1991 in front of the Iron Works, when I shook his hand and told him "Give 'em Hell, Bill."

--
Truck Stop Woman / Will Dockery & Henry Conley:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_127...
Cat74

United States

#37 Sep 6, 2012
Oh no!! No Rain during the President's speech. You don't suppose he lied, because they didn't have the people to fill the stadium do you? What a phony.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#39 Sep 7, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Oh no!! No Rain during the President's speech. You don't suppose he lied, because they didn't have the people to fill the stadium do you? What a phony.
Huricane Isaac messed with the republican convention cause God doesn't like false followers like Romney/Ryan trash. The DNC was shined upon and the people cheered. Jesus helped the poor, hungry, sick, etc.......... He also said to give to the poor. Romney/Ryan are doing the complete opposite of what Jesus said. Romney/Ryan are false lying Christian trash.
Sven

Decatur, GA

#41 Sep 7, 2012
Obama is a terrible President whether he is a democrat or republican. He just isn't a good leader.
He ignored the crisis at hand, the economy, and put his efforts into healthcare and society issues while the economy suffered year after year.
Now his platform is he will do something about the economy if we vote for him again.
I know I won't vote for him again.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#43 Sep 7, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Another delusional idiot here. Obama 2012 and I WILL vote for him again.
I'm voting for him too!
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#44 Sep 7, 2012
Sven wrote:
Obama is a terrible President whether he is a democrat or republican. He just isn't a good leader.
He ignored the crisis at hand, the economy, and put his efforts into healthcare and society issues while the economy suffered year after year.
Now his platform is he will do something about the economy if we vote for him again.
I know I won't vote for him again.
LOL - another Fox viewer!

You guys are all the same! ill informed, under informed and lied to on a daily basis and... YOU BUY IT ALL!

PT Barnum was correct - "There is a sucker born every minute"!
Cat74

United States

#45 Sep 7, 2012
Yes, please vote for the President, because not many people are voting for him, and he has such thin skin he will cry all the way back to the battlefield that is Chicago. Those bat sit crazies in Chicago used to wait to the week end to turn their neighborhood into a killing field, now they start on Thursday, and shoot each other until Sunday. Then I guess they take Monday through Wedensday for the funerals. Nice people.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#46 Sep 7, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Another delusional idiot here. Obama 2012 and I WILL vote for him again.
Since the Republicans have been frantically working to keep Gary Johnson off the ballots in up to 17 states now, thus cancelling the plans of many of us to vote third party this year, these angry voters have one more big reason to vote against Romney in November.
Cat74

United States

#47 Sep 8, 2012
You can stay home, or you can vote Obama, but Johnson never had a chance to legally get on the ballot is those states. You have to get Independent voter signatures to run as an independent, and this year thare are not that many Independent voters. All but 5% of voters have already decided how they will vote. Johnson wants to legalize drugs. We have seen the chaos of drugs on the streets of our big cities. He never had a chance. There just aren't that many pot heads running around out there

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#49 Sep 8, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
You can stay home, or you can vote Obama, but Johnson never had a chance to legally get on the ballot is those states. You have to get Independent voter signatures to run as an independent, and this year thare are not that many Independent voters. All but 5% of voters have already decided how they will vote. Johnson wants to legalize drugs. We have seen the chaos of drugs on the streets of our big cities. He never had a chance. There just aren't that many pot heads running around out there
Yes, and even the potheads probably reject the noting of paying taxes on their weed...
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#50 Sep 8, 2012
When you look at the terrible alternative to Obama fellow independents we unfortunatly will have to once again send the republican vampires back to their dark devious castle once again like we did in 2008.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michelle Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sarah Silvermana s rebuke to the Bernie-or-bust... 10 min Hostis Publicus 9
News Mandela's remains transferred to air base (Dec '13) 19 min Geezer Disease 5
News Democratic convention speaker list: Barack and ... 1 hr TRUMP FAN 33
News Melania Trump Speech Used Same Passages as Mich... 1 hr Chilli J 127
News First lady Obama takes swipe Trump, says lives ... 7 hr concerned american 166
News Democratic convention features party stars 14 hr RustyS 27
News After week of brutal GOP bashing. Clinton aims ... 16 hr guest 2
More from around the web