Michelle Obama and Fashion: A Compli...

Michelle Obama and Fashion: A Complicated Conversation

There are 55 comments on the www.womanist-musings.com story from Nov 10, 2009, titled Michelle Obama and Fashion: A Complicated Conversation. In it, www.womanist-musings.com reports that:

This month Harpers Bizarre features the top ten outfits worn by Michelle Obama in the past year. In a world in which Black women are still not seen as beautiful, the elevation of Michelle has done much to reinforce a more feminine identity. Black women have always struggled to have our womanhood validated.

It is insulting to reduce Michelle Obama to the clothing that she wears and assume that this is elevation. It is insulting to sit there and compare her to Jackie O, as though the two women have even one single thing in common. Michelle may be the first lady but she comes to this position with the experience and life of an African American woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.womanist-musings.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
fedupwiththemess

United States

#1 Nov 10, 2009
She is wonderful and so is her fashion. Now watch all of the haters on here saying some jacked up mess. Just watch.
Eagle Eye Smith

Evansville, IN

#3 Nov 11, 2009
fedupwiththemess

United States

#4 Nov 11, 2009
yo_massa wrote:
She should be kept in a cage and fed bananas through the bars.
Just like your mother is...You ignorant comment can't hurt Michelle who is living the good life on your dime...loser. LOL!!!!
fedupwiththemess

United States

#5 Nov 11, 2009
yo_massa wrote:
She should be kept in a cage and fed bananas through the bars.
I knew my comment could get a jack ass to respond...so easy. Racist!
Eagle Eye Smith

Evansville, IN

#6 Nov 11, 2009
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>I knew my comment could get a jack ass to respond...so easy. Racist!
Flame baiter.
me and mine

United States

#8 Nov 11, 2009
Ugly, snatch jawed, cannibal looking ape!!

“The One You Love To Hate”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#10 Nov 11, 2009
White people are quick to throw insults at all races-

but let's focus on the white race for a moment.

They (whites) are closer to animals than any other race.

1. They have LICE. Whites live in constant fear of small white creepy crawly bugs that are quick to take up residency in their hair on their scalps.

Lice have been found only on gorillas too. So whites have that common characteristic with actual gorillas, yet they taunt blacks as being animals.

Blacks, and all other races as well, are actually cleaner than whites.

2. When hot, white peoples skin give off a strange scent I've never smelled on any other race of people. They smell like raw meat or wet dog many people say privately.

This is true.

Plus, white peoples hair sticks to the forehead and neck like a wet dog as well.

3. White people are the LONE HUMAN RACE with absolutely NO PIGMENTATION of their skin and in many cases hair (blonde hair) and eyes (blue eyes)- these are albino traits.

And just like actual albinos whites Cant stand the sun for too long without getting sunburned so they are always reaching for suncream.

Blonde hair, blue eyes, pale white skin are all albino traits and white people are the only race on the planet with these unnatural and abnormal traits.

Whites are so cunning and clever that they have taken their unnatural and abnormal traits and promoted it as supposed beauty. It's not beautiful.

This lack of any pigmentation is so abnormal that whites are referred to as "Devils".

LAST, whites have no elasticity "at all" to their skin which is why after to much exposure to the sun and at a certain age their skin literally "cracks" like a porcelain doll which is why they were nicknamed "crackas".

Location hidden

#11 Nov 11, 2009
me and mine wrote:
Yolanda | 1 min ago

1. They have LICE. Whites live in constant fear of small white creepy crawly bugs that are quick to take up residency in their hair on their scalps.

Lice have been found only on gorillas too. So whites have that common characteristic with actual gorillas, yet they taunt blacks as being animals.

2. When hot, white peoples skin give off a strange scent I've never smelled on any other race of people. They smell like raw meat or wet dog many people say privately.

This is true.

Plus, white peoples hair sticks to the forehead and neck like a wet dog as well.

3. White people are the LONE HUMAN RACE with absolutely NO PIGMENTATION of their skin and in many cases hair (blonde hair) and eyes (blue eyes)- these are albino traits.

And just like actual albinos whites Cant stand the sun for too long without getting sunburned so they are always reaching for suncream.

Blonde hair, blue eyes, pale white skin are all albino traits and white people are the only race on the planet with these unnatural and abnormal traits.

Whites are so cunning and clever that they have taken their unnatural and abnormal traits and promoted it as supposed beauty. It's not beautiful.

This lack of any pigmentation is so abnormal that whites are referred to as "Devils".

LAST, whites have no elasticity "at all" to their skin which is why after to much exposure to the sun and at a certain age their skin literally "cracks" like a porcelain doll which is why they were nicknamed "crackas".

Location hidden

#12 Nov 11, 2009
Eagle Eye Smith wrote:
http://bit.ly/36A8Ug
Yolanda | 1 min ago

This is true.

Location hidden

#13 Nov 11, 2009
Celtichooligan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheboon looks like aunt Ester.....lmmfwao! Watch it sucka1
Yolanda | 1 min ago

This is true.

fedupwiththemess

United States

#14 Nov 12, 2009
me and mine wrote:
You describe your mother real well. She is living the good life on your dime and you can't do jack about it. LOL!
fedupwiththemess

United States

#15 Nov 12, 2009
Celtichooligan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Your mother does look just like Ester.
fedupwiththemess

United States

#16 Nov 12, 2009
Eagle Eye Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Flame baiter.
Stupid as.
fedupwiththemess

United States

#17 Nov 12, 2009
me and mine wrote:
so jealous. You will never be somebody like she is. You are a nobody/loser!
fedupwiththemess

United States

#18 Nov 12, 2009
Celtichooligan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mother sure does look like her. Dang your mother is ugly!!!

“Yes, I'm MAGIC”

Since: Nov 09

And YOU'RE the "trick"...

#19 Nov 12, 2009
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Just like your mother ...!
Yet another 'African Studies' major from Harvard.
Classic!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#20 Nov 12, 2009
I think she looks great.
hey

Torquay, UK

#21 Nov 12, 2009
She is a nice lady all round.Nice family.

Better than the last bunch of no good bunch ie; Bushes.Com es over as a natural people person.No airs and non showy. Laura B was as false as nails and twice as hard.
hey

Torquay, UK

#22 Nov 12, 2009
Its a question of values rather than colour .Her looks and style just add to whats there naturally.
And I am not black !

I like his presidency btw.Trying to do good for Americans but Americans seem not to want healthcare or education.Seem to not want to share but he is on the right path.Stick with it.
fedupwiththemess

United States

#24 Nov 13, 2009
Celtichooligan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually gorillas don't look much like white folks, but nice try...btw, Jackie O. Hot! Michellebaboon NOT!
How about dogs?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michelle Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama dons hat, blanket during Tribal Nations c... Tue davy 7
News New Smithsonian museum chronicling black histor... Sep 26 Ivyawe 2
News More Sep 25 SirPrize 5
News A president can't just pop off': MichelleObama ... Sep 17 Bama Yankee 1
News Dakota Johnson nails Parisian chic as she flash... Sep 8 Actual Science 1
News How much weight has Michelle Obama gained since... (Sep '09) Sep 5 HatersGonnaHate 12
News Michelle Obama to defend healthy school lunches (May '14) Sep 4 Actual Science 20
More from around the web