National Christmas Tree in US is kill...

National Christmas Tree in US is killed by 'transplant shock'

There are 50 comments on the The China Post story from May 6, 2012, titled National Christmas Tree in US is killed by 'transplant shock'. In it, The China Post reports that:

In this file photo, U.S. President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle Obama, and daughters Sasha and Malia attend the National Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony on the Ellipse near ... The Colorado blue spruce passed away "due to complications resulting from transplant shock" just 14 months after it was planted in the Ellipse field outside the White ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The China Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#1 May 6, 2012
Just like the economy. Anything Obama puts his hand on. So much like the legend of Midas, except rather than turn to gold, it turns to excrement.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2 May 6, 2012
this is news?

well did anybody think to put it on the Dead Celebrity thread??

jeez.

lol

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#3 May 6, 2012
Over-fertilize any plant and it will die. And there's way too much fertilizer coming out of the Whitehouse.
cannon county mama

Altamont, TN

#4 May 6, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
Just like the economy. Anything Obama puts his hand on. So much like the legend of Midas, except rather than turn to gold, it turns to excrement.
Another dumb A*** rethuglican!! And we are better for having been bushwhacked because???????

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Spotted World

#5 May 6, 2012
cannon county mama wrote:
<quoted text> Another dumb A*** rethuglican!! And we are better for having been bushwhacked because???????
He wasn't a true Republican, and I didn't vote for him. Where did I say I was a Republican? Many libs hate what he's done.

At least things were better under Reagan and Clinton, though Clinton was the one who encouraged banks to take bad loans. Bush fanned the flames of the housing crisis, and Obama finished killing it.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#6 May 6, 2012
cannon county mama wrote:
<quoted text> Another dumb A*** rethuglican!! And we are better for having been bushwhacked because???????
Barack Obama launched his campaign in unspectacular fashion today at Ohio State University, the largest college in the crucial swing state. A photo posted to twitter by Mitt Romney's campaign spokesman Ryan Williams reveals sparse attendance. The above image, according to Williams, was taken during the President's first official campaign speech.

During the speech, Obama ripped into the presumptive GOP nominee and discussed nation building at home, but the most newsworthy item of the day was not the talking points Obama delivered: it was the crowd... or lack thereof.

According to ABC News, the Obama campaign had expected an "overflow" of people.

Instead, the arena looked half-empty. The Columbus Dispatch reports that Obama organizers even had people move from the seats to the floor of the gym in order to project a larger crowd on television.
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#7 May 6, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't a true Republican, and I didn't vote for him. Where did I say I was a Republican? Many libs hate what he's done.
At least things were better under Reagan and Clinton, though Clinton was the one who encouraged banks to take bad loans. Bush fanned the flames of the housing crisis, and Obama finished killing it.
Always like reading your views, even when I can't get behind them.
This forum lends itself more towards opinion than towards in depth discussions.
In a different world, I would enjoy the chance to do that with you, as I respect much of what you write.

Next time you're in a bar, look for a guy in a red shirt.
Who knows, it might be me.
FRUSTRATED REPUBLICAN

Blacklick, OH

#8 May 6, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Barack Obama launched his campaign in unspectacular fashion today at Ohio State University, the largest college in the crucial swing state. A photo posted to twitter by Mitt Romney's campaign spokesman Ryan Williams reveals sparse attendance. The above image, according to Williams, was taken during the President's first official campaign speech.
During the speech, Obama ripped into the presumptive GOP nominee and discussed nation building at home, but the most newsworthy item of the day was not the talking points Obama delivered: it was the crowd... or lack thereof.
According to ABC News, the Obama campaign had expected an "overflow" of people.
Instead, the arena looked half-empty. The Columbus Dispatch reports that Obama organizers even had people move from the seats to the floor of the gym in order to project a larger crowd on television.
The actual Columbus Dispatch article: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...

14,000 in a 20,000 seat arena means the glass was 70% full. GOPiggies focused on the number of empty seats. They should turn their attention to the empty suit(s) they are running instead.

“If You Have It, ”

Since: Apr 12

A Truck Brought It

#9 May 6, 2012
FRUSTRATED REPUBLICAN wrote:
<quoted text>
The actual Columbus Dispatch article: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...
14,000 in a 20,000 seat arena means the glass was 70% full. GOPiggies focused on the number of empty seats. They should turn their attention to the empty suit(s) they are running instead.
Sorry but it was Obama's people who said it would be an OVERFLOW crowd not the Rebublicans,that you are trying to deflect Obamas failings on to.6000+ miscalculation is more then enough to lose Ohio or any other state.So now tell me how its Bush's fault, that always seems to be the next excuse from the Democrats.

“Jody”

Location hidden

#10 May 6, 2012
I knew that tree was doomed. It was too darn big to uproot and transplant. Hope it was worth it just to hang lights and photo shoot for a season.

Bah humbug? Nope, just saying, being big doesn't have to go big on every thing. Do a normal "sized" Christmas like everyone else.
FRUSTRATED REPUBLICAN

Blacklick, OH

#11 May 6, 2012
Shadowchaser3131 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but it was Obama's people who said it would be an OVERFLOW crowd not the Rebublicans,that you are trying to deflect Obamas failings on to.6000+ miscalculation is more then enough to lose Ohio or any other state.So now tell me how its Bush's fault, that always seems to be the next excuse from the Democrats.
So they got the number wrong. BFD! So what? Enough of the nation is unhappy with Obama to just maybe eke out a Republican win in November. The GOP has to convince a lot of people their (our/my) candidate is worthy. Tweeting pictures of empty seats has convinced me they are unfocused and petty at the very least and grasping at straws. If Mitt loses the GOP will have only itself to blame.

South Bend, IN

#12 May 6, 2012
<quoted text>
And that particular figure came from Obama's Tumbler account.

http://barackobama.tumblr.com/post/2247019166...

Whatever the figure, it's far less than he's drawn in the past when he packed their football stadium with 35,000.

"Tumblr" - a bit of delicious irony in that choice for how to communicate? Tumbling down...
FRUSTRATED REPUBLICAN

Blacklick, OH

#13 May 6, 2012
“The Ohio arena, which holds around 20,000 people, appeared to be around two-thirds to three-quarters full, with around half of the seating in the upper deck empty. The Columbus fire department estimated the crowd size at 14,000. While smaller in size than many Obama rallies during the 2008 campaign, the crowd dwarfed the size of any rally held this cycle by Romney.”– CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/05/politics/obama-...
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#14 May 6, 2012
OMG, just another problem the Democrats made worse. Poor tree. Bet the tree huggers are all p*ssed off.

South Bend, IN

#15 May 6, 2012
“The Ohio arena, which holds around 20,000 people, appeared to be around two-thirds to three-quarters full, with around half of the seating in the upper deck empty. The Columbus fire department estimated the crowd size at 14,000. While smaller in size than many Obama rallies during the 2008 campaign, the crowd dwarfed the size of any rally held this cycle by Romney.”– CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/05/politics/obama-...
Maybe because the crowds up until now were divided 2, 3, 4, 5 ways.

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#16 May 6, 2012
it's really sad these days. it's getting so bad that almost any story can disolve into a political hatefest....
FRUSTRATED REPUBLICAN

Blacklick, OH

#17 May 6, 2012
centereach ny wrote:
it's really sad these days. it's getting so bad that almost any story can disolve into a political hatefest....
We could discuss the fact that this is designated a "National Christmas Tree" despite certain religious prohibitions written into our Constitution.

;^)

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#18 May 6, 2012
I wonder if they are going to bury it in a "PINE" box?

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#19 May 6, 2012
<quoted text>
We could discuss the fact that this is designated a "National Christmas Tree" despite certain religious prohibitions written into our Constitution.
;^)
or we could also discuss how a christmas tree was really part of pagan believes and how the bible says about decorating trees.
since a christmas treeis and of itself is not religious in nature. but i digress...

“Jody”

Location hidden

#20 May 6, 2012
<quoted text>
;^)
Good point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michelle Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News West Virginia Town Official Fired for Calling t... Mon dickey 20
ex first lady is a male ape in heels Mon Boo Hoo U 2 1
News Racist post about Michelle Obama causes backlash Mon Stop Insurance Scams 20
News 'Thanks for giving us a scandal-free administra... Sun tomin cali 4
News Trumpa s big day underway: First, church before... Jan 21 Preacher 1
News Will he go for the gold? Donald Trump's redecor... Jan 19 Refrain From That 4
News COMMENTARY: Obamas leave an image that will nev... Jan 19 Merry Moosmas 26
More from around the web