'World Trade Center'

'World Trade Center'

There are 6 comments on the Newsday.com story from Aug 3, 2006, titled 'World Trade Center'. In it, Newsday.com reports that:

How many people do you suppose expected 'World Trade Center' to come across as a shrill screed? There seem to be great waves of folks throughout this great nation who see red whenever the name Oliver Stone ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.com.

striker12

Timmins, Canada

#1 Aug 4, 2006
Wow, if there ever was a movie that fed off the emotions of people, this is it. To the people who were a part of this movie I shake my head in disgust. what were you thinking other than $$$. This movie will only provoke people and cause more emotional scaring. People did die on september 11th you know. And for very poor reasons too. I will not watch this movie and encourage everyone i know not to because of the above reasons. I say boycott. This is almost as sickening as that movie about that retarded negro rapper.
Carol

Richelieu, Canada

#2 Aug 8, 2006
You can't say this is as sickening as any thing you haven't seen.
I know Will and Mike Pena and they did a WONDERFUL job. If you chose not to see it, DON'T.
We saw it last night and it is very intense. NOT done for the money as you may think. Will and John lost friends in that collapse and that can never be replaced. So, think what you will, this movie is a KEEPER.
zwrites

AOL

#3 Aug 15, 2006
striker12 wrote:
Wow, if there ever was a movie that fed off the emotions of people, this is it. To the people who were a part of this movie I shake my head in disgust. what were you thinking other than $$$. This movie will only provoke people and cause more emotional scaring. People did die on september 11th you know. And for very poor reasons too. I will not watch this movie and encourage everyone i know not to because of the above reasons. I say boycott. This is almost as sickening as that movie about that retarded negro rapper.
These guys experienced it..they where telling thier story. How could they change their story and shame on Hollywood if they asked them to.
Z
GB+
Michael

Hull, UK

#4 Aug 15, 2006
The events of warnings on the September 5th 2001 are suppressed from the film and do not give a true story.
zwrites

New Orleans, LA

#5 Aug 16, 2006
Michael wrote:
The events of warnings on the September 5th 2001 are suppressed from the film and do not give a true story.
Would the port authority police know about that warning?
No
So, it's true to their experience of 9/11
Z
Is the movie in the UK yet?
zwrites

New Orleans, LA

#6 Aug 16, 2006
Carol wrote:
You can't say this is as sickening as any thing you haven't seen.
I know Will and Mike Pena and they did a WONDERFUL job. If you chose not to see it, DON'T.
We saw it last night and it is very intense. NOT done for the money as you may think. Will and John lost friends in that collapse and that can never be replaced. So, think what you will, this movie is a KEEPER.
Please tell them...thanks for sharing their story. I'm a nurse that worked through Katrina in a local hospital. I wrote down my experiences and hope to have it looked at. It was hard to do because it brought back painful memories but seeing Will and John handle it so well...it gives me hope. It's different then what they went through...but, I relate to the family scenes so well.. because...I know how worried my family was.. even though I couldn't talk to them. The sense of duty is there with you and the grief for your fellow man. It does help to heal and I think many people find it helpful to write or talk about these experiences. God Bless to all the first responsers and their families. Also, the hospital and medical staff that had to work through Katrina.
Z
GB+

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Pena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Frontera (Dec '14) Dec '14 William 1
News Review: Frontera busy, but good (Dec '14) Dec '14 William 1
News Frontera (Dec '14) Dec '14 William 1
News Film 2012 with Claudia Winkleman (Dec '12) Dec '12 DDS 1
Ask Michael Pena a question! (Sep '12) Sep '12 Kimberly 1
News The cameras roll (Oct '07) Oct '07 LUCY RODRIGUEZ 1
Mike Pena (Jan '06) Jun '07 felipe 7
More from around the web