Billy Jean or snake in the grass

Posted in the Michael Jackson Forum

You wish

Canton, CT

#1 Jan 27, 2014
Where is the line between copying and inspiration ?

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

“Merry Christmas!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2 Jan 27, 2014
You wish wrote:
Where is the line between copying and inspiration ?
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
MJ never made it a secret that his approach to dance was influence Jackie Wilson, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Bob Fosse, and Sammy Davis, Jr. He was also an admirer of legendary artists from the music hall tradition, such as Marcel Marceau and Charlie Chaplin.

And Bob Fosse's entire goal in life was to emulate Jack Cole.

Wow I never imagined that you have such a deep interest in dance Kracker's. Thanks for sharing twinkle toes. ;))

“Merry Christmas!”

Location hidden

#3 Jan 27, 2014
BTW Krackers this video provides a more accurate and clearer insight into MJ's dance influences.

I hope that you enjoy

Truly amazing footage of the greatest entertainer ever.

You wish

Canton, CT

#4 Jan 28, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
BTW Krackers this video provides a more accurate and clearer insight into MJ's dance influences.
I hope that you enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =On-N99GmHDQXX
That's your opinion .
Sammy Davis jr.
" everything Michael does on stage is exactly righ"
" Elvis is an eleven out of ten "

I guess Sammy the legend disagrees with you. Live vocals with natural movements trumps choreographed dances while lip syncing .

Sucks to be you
Caroline

Netherlands

#5 Jan 28, 2014
Elvis never wrote a song; he only took songs from other people!

“Merry Christmas!”

Location hidden

#6 Jan 28, 2014
You wish wrote:
<quoted text>That's your opinion .
Sammy Davis jr.
" everything Michael does on stage is exactly righ"
" Elvis is an eleven out of ten "

I guess Sammy the legend disagrees with you. Live vocals with natural movements trumps choreographed dances while lip syncing .

Sucks to be you
It's also the opinion of many. That's why the dead MJ's earning power has increased to the highest earning celebrity.

Poor Elvis had two left feet and Davis Jr was aware of that entertainment flaw.

Davis Jr made that statement to ensure there was plenty of work available for himself. He networked and brown nosed his way throughout his career during an era still plagued with racism.

I have observed that people who can't dance don't have an ear for music and explains Elvis's lack of song writing skills. ;-(
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#7 Jan 28, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also the opinion of many. That's why the dead MJ's earning power has increased to the highest earning celebrity.
Davis Jr made that statement to ensure there was plenty of work available for himself. He networked and brown nosed his way throughout his career during an era still plagued with racism.
I have observed that people who can't dance don't have an ear for music and explains Elvis's lack of song writing skills. ;-(
That is what The Jacksons are claiming that the clown is the highest earning celebrity and yet, the estate still seems to be in debt. Of course, the money earned is basically from Mama Jacky selling Jacko's image to produce slot machines and other deals that she made just after the clown died in 2009. Elizabeth Taylor even knocked the clown off the top a year after she died but then she disappeared the next year.

It is quite laughable that you'd compare Elvis to a professional dancer because Elvis never claimed to be a dancer or even a songwriter but you somehow still want to make it a contest, which it is not. Elvis could dance and it is proven many times on television clips and certain scenes from his films. Sammy Davis Jr was a friend of Elvis's in Las Vegas. He wasn't talking about dancing. Sammy went to many Elvis shows because he enjoyed the Elvis's singing and live act. He was part of the Rat Pack who were still performing in Las Vegas around the same time. Obviously, Sammy and Elvis were friendly with each other and had a respect for their different talents. Sammy wasn't going to Elvis shows to see dancing. He was going to see a rock n roll concert.

Sure, Sammy was probably plagued by racism but not in 1969 when Elvis started playing at the International in Las Vegas, Sammy Davis Jr was well established by then. Who did he brown nose? He was a victim of racism in the forties or early fifties but Frank, Dino and Joey Bishop did not care. Sammy's talent beat that era and he did rather well despite some idiots who are now long dead.
You wish

Canton, CT

#8 Jan 28, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
I provided verifiable quotes. How do you presume to speak for Sammy troglodyte ?

Since: Jun 13

Wilson, NC

#9 Jan 29, 2014
Lol Sammy loved Elvis. Plus Sammy went through some real racist mess before things changed in Vegas. He was a superstar when Elvis was still in high school. In fact, Sammy was one of the first true black crossover sensations in entertainment so imagine what he had to go through. Sammy made it possible for a Michael Jackson and others to exist. He didn't go through "he couldn't get played on MTV" crap, he went through "I can't sleep in the same hotel where I'm performing because I'm black", the "I gotta arrive from the back of the resort or I'll be turned away from the door." By the time he saw Elvis, Sammy was already an entertainment legend and civil rights pioneer (he became among the first black entertainers to break the color line in Las Vegas and Hollywood) while Elvis was already a rock and roll legend making a successful comeback. How can anyone say Sammy was saddened about seeing Elvis? Who told them that? Michael's ghost? lol least MJ gave Sammy a tribute song before the great man died, it was less sucky than his tribute song to Liz Taylor lol
joni

Bear, DE

#10 Jan 29, 2014
Elvis defintely had rhythm. He just was a not a dancer. My aunt said her mom did not allow her to watch Elvis on The Ed Sullivan Show bak in the day because he swiveled his hips. Too suggestive.
joni

Bear, DE

#11 Jan 29, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
I hope that you enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =On-N99GmHDQXX
If Fosse's goal in that video was to be a snake in the grass, he did a good job. I dont care though for broadway type performances. Michael Jackson tapped and sang his way through his own variety show and went on to be the biggest talent in history.
You wish

Canton, CT

#12 Jan 29, 2014
joni wrote:
<quoted text>
If Fosse's goal in that video was to be a snake in the grass, he did a good job. I dont care though for broadway type performances. Michael Jackson tapped and sang his way through his own variety show and went on to be the biggest talent in history.
Whom?
Sammy Davis jr
Prince
Paul McCartney
Mozart
Bobby Darin

Since: Jun 13

Wilson, NC

#13 Jan 31, 2014
Uh, Michael Jackson didn't tap lol

Sammy Davis did though. As for biggest talent, maybe Mozart's relatives can tell you about that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are MJ Fans Worried? 7 min Pop Tart- 232
CHRISTMAS is a time to say we Love you Michael 17 min Octopus 26
Wacko photoshoot, circa 1993 24 min MJ FRIEND 187
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) 42 min Octopus 12,830
If Michael Jackson was standing in front of you... 52 min Pop Tart- 373
just when you thought floons couldn't get any c... 2 hr Pop Tart- 14
listen 5 hr Sleepingboy 2
More from around the web