Quincy Jones sues Michael Jackson's estate over royalties, producer credit on 'This Is It'

Oct 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Nanaimo Daily News

Quincy Jones sued Michael Jackson's estate on Friday claiming he is owed millions in royalties and production fees on some of the superstar's greatest hits.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Poor Quincy. He actually cared enough about Pedo Pan to tell him to stop hanging around little boys, to stop visiting the plastic surgeon's office, and to go to therapy. About all Pedo Pan did was spit in his face.

“Waiting for f'loons to wake up”

Since: Dec 06

Goofybaboon's Not Listening

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Giving Katho ideas, Q. Shameful. lol
maye belle

Whangarei, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

mj spoke highly of quincy..y quincy wait till he learns mj the highest paid dead celebrity, he wants a cut of mks rich pie? he wont get a taste lol
Robin

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Greed for money brings out the worst in people and this geezer parasite is no exception.

Since: Jun 13

Wilson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Reminds me of the John Landis suit a few years back when MJ was still alive. They did cheapen Quincy's productions and if he's not getting paid and has not agreed to this, I'm rooting for him to win this lawsuit. That's not fair to him. He had a lot to do with why those three albums musically mattered, Off the Wall and Thriller mainly.
Mr Giblets

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

why else did Quincy and many others stop working for the Freak?

Because
a. He didn't pay them
b. They didn't want to associate with a pedo who actually brought boys into the studio.

his eatste will be paying out for the next 20 years. It owes over $800,000,000 to the IRS!
FOREVER MICHAEL

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Here we go again.Michael,would really be proud of
The lot of you (NOT) its all about$$$money
Nobody can leave this poor guy in peace
They took from him when he was alive.and still taking from him now.Michael always spoke highly
Of quincy Jones.you know who your friends are
Michael wrote most of the songs.quincy added bits and pieces to them.Michael was the genius.and was the genius in everything he did.Michael was so generous.and gave to so many people.and this is the way this wonderful mans treated.. you cant blame Michael for being angry from time to time
He deserves respect.just like he gave everybody else. He was just used by so many.so called friends..the only thing the estate could do is release.some of Michaels unrealeased songs.and bring the concerts out on official release on blu ray
Maybe make a film about his life.that MJ was going to do anyway before what happened.do a play in broadway.this is what he wanted.start thinking about MJ rather then yourself.and how much pleasure he gave the world
He was the sweetest person.and just a caring and wonderful man.
Cujo

Kendall Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

FOREVER MICHAEL wrote:
Michael wrote most of the songs.quincy added bits and pieces to them.Michael was the genius.and was the genius in everything he did.
Pedo Pan stole a lot of the credit. You stupid fscking f'loons will believe any lie.

Wilson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Quincy is entitled to his royalties. It's a shame the estate (and Sony) has neglected him.

For years, it was MJ who told people that he hated Sony, even saying "Sony sucks" but he was really in cahoots with those folks, he just wanted to get rid of Tommy Motolla because Motolla wouldn't promote "Invincible" without MJ. MJ had told Motolla before its release that he was leaving the company and not focused on promoting the album. Because of this, Motolla refused to promote the album by his lonesome after wasting $30 million promoting it and MJ probably paid a lot of money for studio time between 1998 and 2001 recording it.

But anyway, Quincy was the perfect producer for someone like MJ, whose own method of doing music was more unorthodox and bizarre anyway. "This Is It" made a lot of money as has the musical plays made about MJ. I'm sure Quincy was planning this for years before he announced the lawsuit.$10 million is low for an album that sold over 50 million copies worldwide, so I say to MJ's estate and Sony: pay up.

Also little known fact from Walter Yetnikoff: MJ tried to get Quincy's name eliminated from the Grammy credit as producer because he claimed "I produced it". The Grammy committee refused of course. MJ was such a prima donna man...

“Best voice ever !”

Since: Mar 09

Devil's Hole

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Sounds like the dead pedofreak was a real scum !!

It doesn't surprise me !!!

The dead freak deserved to be jailed for life.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Quincy is owed money. The deadbeat Jackson's need to pay up. Make it so.
Robin

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Mr Giblets wrote:
why else did Quincy and many others stop working for the Freak?
Because
a. He didn't pay them
b. They didn't want to associate with a pedo who actually brought boys into the studio.
his eatste will be paying out for the next 20 years. It owes over $800,000,000 to the IRS!
MJ always paid him. By reading the article you would see this is for compensation arising from edits and lack of credit work that was produced after MJ died.

“Best voice ever !”

Devil's Hole

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

BillyDaKid09 wrote:
Quincy is owed money. The deadbeat Jackson's need to pay up. Make it so.
Welcome back billydakid !

“Best voice ever !”

Devil's Hole

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Subliminal Criminal wrote:
<quoted text>
You blame a dead guy for the actions his estate supposedly took after his death?
What an odd place, I clicked it to maybe see a rare fan video of MJs wonderful music and end up seeing this type of idiocy.
Led Zepplin was great in the 70's, why don't you scurry off to a Zep forum and leave MJs musical legacy to HIS fans?
I guess some cant find happiness without tearing others apart because of jealous tendencies.
At least I'm a Smooth Subliminal Criminal.
What ?

“Best voice ever !”

Devil's Hole

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What do you mean what? Is english not your first language?
What ?
FOREVER MICHAEL

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You blame a dead guy for the actions his estate supposedly took after his death?
What an odd place, I clicked it to maybe see a rare fan video of MJs wonderful music and end up seeing this type of idiocy.
Led Zepplin was great in the 70's, why don't you scurry off to a Zep forum and leave MJs musical legacy to HIS fans?
I guess some cant find happiness without tearing others apart because of jealous tendencies.
At least I'm a Smooth Subliminal Criminal.
I completely agree with this
Back to your shrek led zepp forum,and Robert no talent plant forum..and Leave Michael to his fans who Just adore him.just leave the poor man alone
He has never done anything to any of you
So Leave my MJ alone.Leave my little angel in
Peace.give this wonderful man some respect.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

BadMan84 wrote:
Quincy is entitled to his royalties. It's a shame the estate (and Sony) has neglected him.
For years, it was MJ who told people that he hated Sony, even saying "Sony sucks" but he was really in cahoots with those folks, he just wanted to get rid of Tommy Motolla because Motolla wouldn't promote "Invincible" without MJ. MJ had told Motolla before its release that he was leaving the company and not focused on promoting the album. Because of this, Motolla refused to promote the album by his lonesome after wasting $30 million promoting it and MJ probably paid a lot of money for studio time between 1998 and 2001 recording it.
But anyway, Quincy was the perfect producer for someone like MJ, whose own method of doing music was more unorthodox and bizarre anyway. "This Is It" made a lot of money as has the musical plays made about MJ. I'm sure Quincy was planning this for years before he announced the lawsuit.$10 million is low for an album that sold over 50 million copies worldwide, so I say to MJ's estate and Sony: pay up.
Also little known fact from Walter Yetnikoff: MJ tried to get Quincy's name eliminated from the Grammy credit as producer because he claimed "I produced it". The Grammy committee refused of course. MJ was such a prima donna man...
Somehow, I'm not surprised by any of this. Quincy had a respected, long-established reputation as a producer, in addition to his musicianship. If he hadn't agreed to produce those recordings for Michael, the latter would never have gotten as much fame as he did. Then again, Michael might not have also gotten access to as many little boys as he did, which was something that more than likely made Quincy cringe.

Wilson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Somehow, I'm not surprised by any of this. Quincy had a respected, long-established reputation as a producer, in addition to his musicianship. If he hadn't agreed to produce those recordings for Michael, the latter would never have gotten as much fame as he did. Then again, Michael might not have also gotten access to as many little boys as he did, which was something that more than likely made Quincy cringe.
Odd thing, Michael's family and his people at the time told him Quincy was "too old" or whatever. Quincy was probably the only guy who basically knew what to do with Michael. After he left, every other producer didn't really quite gel with Michael. Not trying to say that Quincy was the main reason for his major success but Quincy surely knew how to produce albums. It's because of that that the MJ of 1979-1987 (but mainly 1979-1982) is more appreciated than what came later. But yeah if Quincy hadn't worked with him, Michael would've been playing the novelty circuit with his brothers for the rest of his life.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

BadMan84 wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd thing, Michael's family and his people at the time told him Quincy was "too old" or whatever. Quincy was probably the only guy who basically knew what to do with Michael. After he left, every other producer didn't really quite gel with Michael. Not trying to say that Quincy was the main reason for his major success but Quincy surely knew how to produce albums. It's because of that that the MJ of 1979-1987 (but mainly 1979-1982) is more appreciated than what came later. But yeah if Quincy hadn't worked with him, Michael would've been playing the novelty circuit with his brothers for the rest of his life.
Michael was talented, which is a shame how his addiction to drugs, alcohol, and little boys destroyed it. But Quincy knew how to separate the wheat from the chafe. Hence, his gift as a producer.

Wilson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael was talented, which is a shame how his addiction to drugs, alcohol, and little boys destroyed it. But Quincy knew how to separate the wheat from the chafe. Hence, his gift as a producer.
Oh I can't deny that. Michael definitely was talented. Probably the most talented of his family but Quincy knew what to do with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Michael Jackson Forum right now

Search the Michael Jackson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Witness The Incredible Way Michael Jackson Wrot... 13 min Octopus 85
What Floons Will Likely Do On June 25th 1 hr Guess Who 0
how will fans remember Michael on the 25th June... 2 hr Octopus 12
Slave To The Cushion 2 hr Octopus 62
Michael Jackson the way you make us feel close ... 4 hr FOREVER MICHAEL 2
Please come back------ 4 hr jim - 4
Debbie Rowe -- HaHaHaHa ... I'm Not Engaged 4 hr Octopus 113
•••
•••