The Downward Slide Of The Posthumous ...
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#473 Jul 17, 2014
Wacko's posthumous "Xscape" is still hanging in there at number eighteen with a four percent drop from last week. However, I've noticed that the "Frozen" soundtrack has jumped back up to the number two spot this week. Obviously, it is still the number one selling recording of the year, outselling the dead clown and everybody else.

It was nice to see Heavy Metal legends, Judas Priest debut at number six with their new album, "Redeemer Of Souls"

I grew up with Priest as a teen in the eighties and still like their music even though I have to be in the mood nowadays to want to listen to something that heavy. I might purchase the deluxe CD to support one of my favorite rock bands. Rob Halford and company work hard. They deserve their success.

BTW, on the number one hundred slot, "Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon" up eleven notches from last week. It has been on the Billboard 200 album charts for an incredible eight hundred and sixty nine weeks. Wacko has no albums that will ever be on the charts for over forty years.
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#474 Jul 17, 2014
Of course, Michael Jackson's worthless soul will never be redeemed.

Congrats to Judas Priest for an impressive debut for their brand new CD.

Since: Jun 13

Raleigh, NC

#476 Jul 20, 2014
Xscape drops to #46 on the UK OCC Albums chart. It also drops out of Norway's, Finland's and Portugal's charts.

Raleigh, NC

#478 Jul 22, 2014
According to Hits Daily Double, the Xscape album has for the first time since its release ten weeks ago dropped to single digits, selling around 9,840 copies. This brings total sales to approximately 373,000.

By comparison, Brit newcomer Sam Smith, still riding high off two top ten singles, including the top 5 ballad "Stay with Me", sold around 35,000 copies this week, bringing in sales of his In the Lonely Hour to around 365,000, less than 10,000 copies below Xscape, which has been out longer. Sam's likely to pass Xscape in total U.S. sales total by next week and will make it to 400k faster than Xscape would

Meanwhile another Brit singer-songwriter could be next in eclipsing Xscape: Ed Sheeran's X drops to No. 7 but sells roughly around 25,000, so this should bring its sales to around 323,000. Only 50k less than Xscape.

I give it until December or January now for Xscape to even scan gold if those reissue rumors are false.

Raleigh, NC

#480 Jul 23, 2014
Xscape drops to #33 on the Billboard 200 selling 9,590 copies. Its total sales now stand at 374,276 copies.
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#481 Jul 23, 2014
In only ten short weeks on the Billboard 200, Michael Jackson's posthumous Xscape has fallen a swift fifteen notches to a lowly number thirty-three with no second single in sight.

Most everywhere I go, I've noticed that they had stopped playing the horrible Justin Timberlake/Michael Jackson duet, "Love Never Felt So Good" It is already old news.

Raleigh, NC

#485 Jul 23, 2014
Epic will release a second single next month. A Place with No Name but apparently it's gonna be on urban adult contemporary radio. Don't know if it will be released to iTunes. There doesn't seem to be much of a plan for the song so its chart impact will probably be small compared to Love Never Felt So Good.
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#486 Jul 23, 2014
BadMan84 wrote:
Epic will release a second single next month. A Place with No Name but apparently it's gonna be on urban adult contemporary radio. Don't know if it will be released to iTunes. There doesn't seem to be much of a plan for the song so its chart impact will probably be small compared to Love Never Felt So Good.
The duet, "Love Never Felt So Good" is currently at number fifty-five on the Billboard 100, possibly because it is featured in a commercial for Jeep. But I've have not seen the ad played much. Very strange.

The song, "A Place With No Name" is a remake of America's classic, "A Horse Without No Name" I can not see how Wacko's horrible remake can fit on urban contemporary radio as it is such a weak effort, even by Wacko's low standards. It reminds me of all of Michael Jackson's other posthumous failures, especially "This Is Shit" and "Hold My Hand" The posthumous "Xscape" album is already on its downward slide off the charts and I do not think another single pulled from that dud will be able to save it from falling completely out of the Billboard 200 before the end of summer.

“Evolution is fab!”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#487 Jul 23, 2014
Octopus wrote:
I
Most everywhere I go, I've noticed that they had stopped playing the horrible Justin Timberlake/Michael Jackson duet, "Love Never Felt So Good" It is already old news.
I've never heard it. Not once.
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#490 Jul 23, 2014
Butterballs wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never heard it. Not once.
You are not missing much. It is the best track off the otherwise laughable posthumous Xscape mess. The only place I've actually heard the whole song, "Love Never Felt So Good" played is in FYE on their pre-programed store sound system, as the video was shown. The video is real bad because of its use of young adults singing along. Cheesy. The song might have worked years ago but it is still an old track. Dated bubblegum pop.

I am glad it did not become a smash hit. It would have been even more annoying.
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#492 Jul 24, 2014
Of course, this weeks new Billboard 200 has just been revealed and Michael Jackson's posthumous "Xscape" has indeed fallen sharply to a laughable number thirty-three in only ten short weeks. It is like the low sales of the mid seventies dated Disco of The Jacksons. Obviously, the dead clown has not returned to the healthy sales of his previous albums as pop radio continues to reject Michael Jackson's terrible vault material.

Compare what Wacko's laughable sales are with Johnny Cash for example. The man in black has been dead for over ten years and has developed an impressive cult following that the soiled Michael Jackson has failed to match. "Xscape" continues to slide off the album charts in record time. That is just too bad. And to think that floons tried to trick us into thinking Wacko was burning up the charts and had hit number one in fifty countries around the world. They are certainly delusional.

Raleigh, NC

#493 Jul 24, 2014
Correction on Sam Smith's sales, he's actually 355,000, so roughly just 19k below Xscape. He could easily sell 30k next week and be around 385,000 and could be over Xscape in case the album sales drop further, like to 8,000 or so copies next week.

Raleigh, NC

#494 Jul 24, 2014
Love Never Felt So Good drops to #63 on the Hot 100.

“Evolution is fab!”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#496 Jul 24, 2014
BadMan84 wrote:
Correction on Sam Smith's sales, he's actually 355,000, so roughly just 19k below Xscape. He could easily sell 30k next week and be around 385,000 and could be over Xscape in case the album sales drop further, like to 8,000 or so copies next week.
And Sam Smith is a new young music artist, and it's looking like he's about to outsell an established and supposedly worldwide loved Wacko.
Xscape isn't performing too well.

Raleigh, NC

#497 Jul 27, 2014
Xscape drops 20 spots to #66 on the UK OCC albums chart this week after 11 weeks on the chart.

Love Never Felt So Good drops to #43 in its thirteenth week of release. It's the song's first week out of the top 40.
Forever Loving Michael

Croydon, UK

#499 Jul 27, 2014
And the good news is more albums to come
With unreleased songs anything MJ does
Is amazing and hope they do the original
For the fans MJ voice is so powerful just Incredible can't wait.his vocals on loving
You is so angelic and beautiful.I sing that one to him all the time.You can't choose a song
Anything mj sings his just got the sexiest voice .His just sexy all the time.MJ sings me to sleep every night .I watch him most nights
Everything just MJ I love him so much

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#500 Jul 27, 2014
Forever Loving Michael wrote:
And the good news is more albums to come
With unreleased songs anything MJ does
Is amazing and hope they do the original
For the fans MJ voice is so powerful just Incredible can't wait.his vocals on loving
You is so angelic and beautiful.I sing that one to him all the time.You can't choose a song
Anything mj sings his just got the sexiest voice .His just sexy all the time.MJ sings me to sleep every night .I watch him most nights
Everything just MJ I love him so much
At this in, it would be foolish to produce another posthumous album. Sony isn't going to want to lose that much money.
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#501 Jul 27, 2014
BadMan84 wrote:
Xscape drops 20 spots to #66 on the UK OCC albums chart this week after 11 weeks on the chart.
Love Never Felt So Good drops to #43 in its thirteenth week of release. It's the song's first week out of the top 40.
A drop of twenty notches for Xscape is quite hilarious after just eleven short weeks on the charts. I would say that Michael Jackson's posthumous failure continues its rapid downward slide as the millions of unsold copies sit in the clearance bins worldwide. Sony must be frantic.
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#503 Jul 31, 2014
"Love Never Felt So Good" has dropped to a lowly number sixty-nine this week while the laughable posthumous album, "Xscape" actually moved up just three notches to a pathetic number thirty on the Billboard 200.

lol.

Raleigh, NC

#504 Jul 31, 2014
Its sales this week were around 8,778, so it's a 812 copies drop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MJfacts reigns! 11 hr Spotted Wee 1
Vindihate was meant to fail! It's no more 11 hr Spotted Wee 1
News Peter King calls Michael Jackson 'child molester' (Jul '09) 22 hr roymoores tightie... 7,362
Another house of horrors owned by Pedo Pan in n... Nov 19 Spotted Wee 1
How can anyone think Wade Robson is lying? (Jul '13) Nov 19 Spotted Wee 12
Michael Jackson's lover tells all (Jan '11) Nov 13 Spotted Wee 25
Deborah Ffrench troll for yrs Nov 10 Spotted Wee 1
More from around the web