Teen moonwalks to fame with epic Michael Jackson dance

May 22, 2014 Full story: The Jackson Sun 29

Brett Nichols' performance at his high school talent show went viral in just one day.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rickey Bobby

North Kingstown, RI

#21 May 24, 2014
Accurate Information wrote:
Octopus, there's no convincing you, is there. You've made up your Mantra, and you're sticking with it. Who cares about heavy metal music. I don't. Not that one can't like more than one genre. MJ's music wasn't just popular with five-year-olds. That's nonsense. Teenagers/young adults, in the eighties were probably MJ's biggest audience at his height of his popularity. You can't put the word "Unfortunately", in the same sentence as "Thriller". MJ's music style HAS a place in popular culture. Stop running it down. Are you saying that electronic music is worthless because it's not played on real instruments? All that matters to me is the end product, what it sounds like to my ears. There's a snobbery, about real music versus synthetic music. If music appeals, and is made on spoons, it's all good. I haven't seen the film you mentioned. Your reference is lost on me.
Why does Octopus or anyone else on here need to be convinced of anything on this forum or any other forum? This is a public forum where people express their opinions, whether other people agree with those opinions or not. I do not come here to be convinced that Michael Jackson wasn't a pedophile, or that he is still alive, or that he was talented, or that he was the most wonderful, perfect person. I do not believe any of those things, so no, you can't convince me. I don't see you being convinced by any of the discussions on here that go against your beliefs, or take you out of your comfort zone. I never watched the kid impersonate Michael Jackson, because I never cared about the way Michael jackson did it. I thought he sucked so my opinion of the kid wouldn't be any better.
guestq

Jackson, TN

#22 May 24, 2014
Rickey Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>Why does Octopus or anyone else on here need to be convinced of anything on this forum or any other forum? This is a public forum where people express their opinions, whether other people agree with those opinions or not. I do not come here to be convinced that Michael Jackson wasn't a pedophile, or that he is still alive, or that he was talented, or that he was the most wonderful, perfect person. I do not believe any of those things, so no, you can't convince me. I don't see you being convinced by any of the discussions on here that go against your beliefs, or take you out of your comfort zone. I never watched the kid impersonate Michael Jackson, because I never cared about the way Michael jackson did it. I thought he sucked so my opinion of the kid wouldn't be any better.
Excellent point!!!
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#23 May 25, 2014
Accurate Information wrote:
Octopus, you were at high school in the 1970s, so how could you have been listening to eighties music? Makes no sense.
I should know when I was in High School. It was the eighties. In the seventies, I was just a child.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#24 May 25, 2014
Accurate Information wrote:
Just someone else, thanks, but no time right now to watch your videos. What IS your point, though? People like different things. So? I somehow don't believe kids as young as five years old were in MJ's audience at stadiums across the world. I just don't believe it.
Their parents had to have taken their kids to see Michael Jackson in the eighties. In my High School days, we listened to Rush, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osboune, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Journey, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Who, AC/DC....and more.

Michael Jackson was ignored because he was for the the younger kids, not teens.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#25 May 25, 2014
Just someone else wrote:
Some perspective on this ordeal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hyHn0s7cPVUXX
In the audience shots how many 5 year olds do you see?
Now compare that to someone else's idea of the over all best of the 80's videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
and for you hard rockers out there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Obviously, there was a shift in power within the music industry in the early nineties in favor of grunge bands because of Nirvana, Faith No More, Stone Temple Pilots, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Hole, Live, The Cure and more. However, the movement became stale rather quickly. The music industry simply turned their backs on Heavy Metal bands and decided to only promote boy bands, second rate r&b, pop bimbos and Hip Hop. It was easier to produce. Unfortunately, they lost the rock consumer that had the money to spend on the music or go to live shows. They simply downsized to appeal to a mostly youth market that no longer has to buy music. If you hate country and crappy emo alternative rock, you are stuck listening to old music. It would not exactly have to be Heavy Metal because today, the stuff sounds dated. It has been reduced to the obvious classic rock with a mix of more modern rock thrown in. Of course, music is always changing and it should change again.
Pepper

Tampa, FL

#26 May 25, 2014
The kid was off the hook!
Even better....has all you spazzin bout it :-)
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#27 May 25, 2014
BTW, the eighties MTV new wave music died a sudden death also. It was still better than 99% of what they force on the public today. It lacks creativity because it is manufactured for television music shows like American Idol, The X Factor and Glee. Everything is pre-programed. Pretty sad. Though Michael Jackson was old school bubblegum pop, he still recorded in a proper recording studio. At least, his vocals were. Lip syncing concerts was started by Milli Vanilli but Michael Jackson got away with it. Instead, it became the norm because the clueless accepted those lower standards.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#28 May 25, 2014
Pepper wrote:
The kid was off the hook!
Even better....has all you spazzin bout it :-)
Someone posted the video on You Tube. The kid definitely had Wacko's dance moves down, however, many others have copied Jacko. It was not like he was doing anything original and he was not singing or creating anything that would suggest any real talent, especially if he was doing it for years. It is merely an impersonation of the clown's eighties dance moves in his act. It is only impressive if you like the clown. To everybody else, it is just another clown performance. Someone obviously forgot to tell Brett Nichols that Michael Jackson is an embarrassment to most of the world. Maybe someone could impersonate Gary Glitter next.
Rickey Bobby

North Kingstown, RI

#29 Jun 7, 2014
Pepper wrote:
The kid was off the hook!
Even better....has all you spazzin bout it :-)
How can I spaz about something I never watched? Commenting is not spazzing. If people say he dances like Michael Jackson, and I've seen Michael Jackson dance a few times on TV, ergo, what more do I need to see? Michael Jackson's basic five moves were, the moonwalk, tipping his hat, grabbing his crotch, shaking his hips, and spinning around. He never changed his basic dance schtick for over 20 years. Fans loved it, but the rest of the music world got tired and bored with him, and moved on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mj pulling the race card 3 hr pliez 1
Prince Michael Jackson: Cyber-Bullied on Facebook? 4 hr JINA WILD 129
James Safechuck Claims Michael Jackson Kept Him... (May '14) 4 hr Octopus 523
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) 5 hr missym 12,846
Mj's Nose Flew Off While Filming Scream. 6 hr JINA WILD 200
Michael Jackson's Mother Launches Appeal In AEG... 11 hr Len is Disgusted 60
Are MJ Fans Worried? 11 hr Len is Disgusted 1,196
More from around the web