How the king of pop made $1.5bn over his dead body: In his final...

There are 23 comments on the Daily Mail story from Jun 7, 2014, titled How the king of pop made $1.5bn over his dead body: In his final.... In it, Daily Mail reports that:

How the king of pop made $1.5bn over his dead body: In his final days Michael Jackson was awash with debt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Mail.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#25 Jun 10, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
No Jeff Koons is a post modern artist from the 80's and very much alive today. BTW Andy Warhol did a painting of MJ too.
Here it is.
http://bjazz.unblog.fr/files/2009/12/michaelj...
And it is very good. Warhol's Michael Jackson painting went for one million in 2009 as I mentioned before. You have to admit that Andy Warhol's artwork is way superior to whatever Wacko has ever done. I realize that Jeff Koons is a post modern artist that is still alive selling his artwork. Andy Warhol is legendary though. That is why wealthy people are buying some of his pieces for hundreds of millions of dollars. He is also dead. That increases value.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#26 Jun 10, 2014
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
And it is very good. Warhol's Michael Jackson painting went for one million in 2009 as I mentioned before. You have to admit that Andy Warhol's artwork is way superior to whatever Wacko has ever done. I realize that Jeff Koons is a post modern artist that is still alive selling his artwork. Andy Warhol is legendary though. That is why wealthy people are buying some of his pieces for hundreds of millions of dollars. He is also dead. That increases value.
Yes Warhol is legendary for his art, movies and when he managed the Velvet Underground founded by Lou Reed.
http://eil.com/images/main/Velvet+Underground...
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#27 Jun 10, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Warhol is legendary for his art, movies and when he managed the Velvet Underground founded by Lou Reed.
http://eil.com/images/main/Velvet+Underground...
The Velvets, The Stooges, MC5, The New York Dolls, Flaming Groovies, Sex Pistols, The Ramones, X and The Plasmatics mixed in with early rock stars like Gene Vincent, Eddie Cochran, Bill Haley and Chuck Berry still sounds fresh to me today. Even some classic David Bowie. I am sick of the tired overplayed classic rock and heavy metal that I've grew up on and like checking out other artists. Andy Warhol was always weird to me in the past but his career is interesting now. I do not like all his art but it is in the eye of the beholder. The fact that he was enormously successful as an influence on modern pop culture speaks volumes. My wife claims that I hate new music, which is mostly true. I just want to hear passionate performances that still rock but stuff that I may not have heard on the radio a billion and a half times. It gets boring. The Doors are a band that will never die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does octopus 9 hr Len is Disgusted 8
News Prince Jackson picks up some goodies on a solo ... 9 hr Len is Disgusted 2
News Louis "Thunder Thumbs" Johnson Of The Brothers ... 9 hr Len is Disgusted 3
News Judge to Decide if Jackson Accuser Can Sue Estate Sun Len is Disgusted 656
Autopsy Reveals M. Jackson had a giant 12 inch ... (Jul '09) Sat Octopus 287
News Thriller: Award-winning Michael Jackson tribute... May 20 Sleepingboy 13
Another Thread Suddenly Deleted From Upset Floons May 20 Sleepingboy 7
More from around the web