Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Am I crazy because I think there should be a law to protect the dead from deliberate libel and slander? Because Elvis Presley, my own favorite, and Micheal Jackson are, I think, often deliberately lied about in the media and press, I believe that the old libel and slander laws that USED TO protect the dead as well as the living, should be put back on the books.

Len is Disgusting says that people should be allowed to lie freely about any dead people, and there should never be a law to protect them.

Who is right?
Robin

Fairburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Not only do the dead have no protection against claims of libel or slander, they lack other protection afforded to the living...a good example would be the right to "confidentiality" as regards medical information that otherwise would be protected.
Lee

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Robin wrote:
Not only do the dead have no protection against claims of libel or slander, they lack other protection afforded to the living...a good example would be the right to "confidentiality" as regards medical information that otherwise would be protected.
Well, they should have that.
Mustafa Tite-Wun

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Lee wrote:
Am I crazy because I think there should be a law to protect the dead from deliberate libel and slander? Because Elvis Presley, my own favorite, and Micheal Jackson are, I think, often deliberately lied about in the media and press, I believe that the old libel and slander laws that USED TO protect the dead as well as the living, should be put back on the books.
Len is Disgusting says that people should be allowed to lie freely about any dead people, and there should never be a law to protect them.
Who is right?
Who decides what are lies and what is true? Who does the suing? Aren't there already too many stupid lawsuits?
Lee

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Mustafa Tite-Wun wrote:
<quoted text>
Who decides what are lies and what is true? Who does the suing? Aren't there already too many stupid lawsuits?
A person has a right not to be lied about. That is not a "stupid" lawsuit.

Obviously, it would be the judge or jury who would decide what a lie was.

1. It would have to be deliberate.

2. If the person had said it was his or her opinion, that would be protected free speech.

3. It would have to be proved that the "facts" told by the speaker/author were incorrect. If, for instance, tabloid A said that Mary Smith had her baby and was unmarried, but Mary could prove with marriage certificate and baby's birth certificate that it was a lie, the tabloid would lose.

Most things could not be proven, because you can seldom prove a negative. But many things can be proven.

Lee

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Excuse me. I should have said that Mary's relatives could prove it, because Mary is dead.
King Elvis

Strathfield, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Lee wrote:
Who is right?
Len is of course right, Fatty.

And you're crazy for so many more reasons that this.
Mustafa Tite-Wun

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Lee wrote:
<quoted text>A person has a right not to be lied about. That is not a "stupid" lawsuit.
Yes it is.

Bloody litigation crazy yanks.
Lee

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Len is of course right, Fatty.
And you're crazy for so many more reasons that this.
Well, I guess I read you right all along, King Elvis. You stand up for the MM because you think it is perfectly alright to lie about Elvis.
King Elvis

Strathfield, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I guess I read you right all along, King Elvis. You stand up for the MM because you think it is perfectly alright to lie about Elvis.
As soon as they lie, Fatty, I'll be the first in line to slam them.

Just like I did with Dee Presley, Alanna Nash, Tommy Steele and many others ...

... oh, and YOU, of course.
mighty king mike jackson

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

They lie abot mike enuff. he is still alive and is sueing all of you haters. U can just die cus the mighty king is gonna roar loud and clear. How dare u say he is dead. Hold you're head up mike and do not let the liers win. The new music bad 25 shows mighty mike jackson at best. Jelous haters will pay4 rasist white lies. Mike did not toch kids cus they extort him 4 money.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Why are all Michael Jackson fans illiterate morons?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

King Elvis wrote:
Why are all Michael Jackson fans illiterate morons?
Because the clown was illiterate as well?

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Lee wrote:
Who is right?
Hmmmmm. Let's look at some facts.

1. Lee makes questionable statements that sound as if they were lifted right out of Kenneth Lanning's profile of a pedophile.

2. Lee is reluctant to believe a child when said child claims he or she was inappropriately touched.

3. Lee thinks a pedophile's life shouldn't be so badly disrupted when caught with a hand down a child's pants.

4. Lee is more concerned about protecting dead celebrities than he/she is about protecting children from sexual predators.

Yes, Lee, you are crazy.

“VITILIGO”

Since: Jun 10

IS A BIOTCH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Lee wrote:
Am I crazy?
Yes.
Lee

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as they lie, Fatty, I'll be the first in line to slam them.
Just like I did with Dee Presley, Alanna Nash, Tommy Steele and many others ...
... oh, and YOU, of course.
Excuse me. You can't say on the one hand that it is ok to lie about the dead and on the other hand that you will be the first one to slam them.

“VITILIGO”

IS A BIOTCH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me. You can't say on the one hand that it is ok to lie about the dead and on the other hand that you will be the first one to slam them.
Why are you more concerned with protecting dead adults than with protecting living children?
Lee

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

J-J-Jina Wild wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you more concerned with protecting dead adults than with protecting living children?
Because there are already laws to protect living children. Granted, not enough, but there are already laws.

There are NO laws to protect the reputations of the dead. Not even dead children.

“VITILIGO”

IS A BIOTCH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Because there are already laws to protect living children. Granted, not enough, but there are already laws.
There are NO laws to protect the reputations of the dead. Not even dead children.
Decent people don't tell lies about dead people and neither do they pay any heed to the lies being told. For example, even though Wacko fans call Evan Chandler all sorts of awful things, sane people know better than to stress about it.

Your cuckoo demands are only being made because you have an empty life. Bloody lunatic.
Lee

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

J-J-Jina Wild wrote:
<quoted text>
Decent people don't tell lies about dead people and neither do they pay any heed to the lies being told. For example, even though Wacko fans call Evan Chandler all sorts of awful things, sane people know better than to stress about it.
Your cuckoo demands are only being made because you have an empty life. Bloody lunatic.
Yes, decent people do care, because they know that lies hurt people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Michael Jackson Forum right now

Search the Michael Jackson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Jackson was a wonderful man! 1 hr Jessie Pinkman 1
Members of Michael Jackson's extended family st... 1 hr Jessie Pinkman 24
Was MJ actively investigated by the FBI? And th... 7 hr Len is Disgusted 272
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) 7 hr King Elvis 12,745
Newsflash! Octopus has been arrested for assaul... 9 hr just 2
Octopus may get 25 yrs. to life for his crime! 9 hr New York News 0
Funny Michael Jackson Jokes (May '07) 10 hr TripleH1976 3,341
•••
•••