Witness The Incredible Way Michael Ja...

Witness The Incredible Way Michael Jackson Wrote Music

There are 94 comments on the NME story from Apr 11, 2014, titled Witness The Incredible Way Michael Jackson Wrote Music. In it, NME reports that:

The news of 'Xscape', a posthumous album of Michael Jackson's archive material 'contemporized' by Epic boss LA Reid, has arrived the same week that an old demo of 'Beat It' has been doing the rounds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NME.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#44 Apr 15, 2014
Stormageddon wrote:
<quoted text> What does that have to do with anything?
I don't think the poor thing had a point here, Storm. Don't forget these are the nonsensical ramblings of a silly MJ fan.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#45 Apr 15, 2014
jim - wrote:
It would have been cool if Elvis had recorded Little Wing with Jimi Hendrix around 1969 or 1970. My favorite version of Little wing is Stevie Ray Vaughns instrumental version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =An4uDegHB8sXX&feature=sha re&list=RDAn4uDegHB8s
Definitely one of my faves too! Love Stevie Ray!

“Dark Lord of All.”

Since: Jun 13

The Untempered Schism.

#46 Apr 15, 2014
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the poor thing had a point here, Storm. Don't forget these are the nonsensical ramblings of a silly MJ fan.
Too true. F'loons tend to live in their own world be it Neverland or Cushionland, lol.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#47 Apr 15, 2014
Stormageddon wrote:
Jimi would have gladly played with the Jackson 5 just like he had played behind Sam Cooke, B.B. King, Little Richard, Jackie Wilson, Ike and Tina Turner, and Wilson Pickett.

Jimi Hendrix First TV Appearance Playing Backup.

“Dark Lord of All.”

The Untempered Schism.

#48 Apr 15, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimi would have gladly played with the Jackson 5 just like he had played behind Sam Cooke, B.B. King, Little Richard, Jackie Wilson, Ike and Tina Turner, and Wilson Pickett.
Jimi Hendrix First TV Appearance Playing Backup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IdWfdP3EktoXX
Still dodging the question.

Location hidden

#49 Apr 15, 2014
Stormageddon wrote:
Jimi would NOT had given the MJ and Jackson 5 a wide berth because he enjoyed all kinds of music. He was no snob and felt comfortable with his people.

Stormageddon wrote:
<quoted text> Jimi would have given Wacko a wide berth and not wanted anything to do with him. In other words, He was too cool for Wacko...

“Dark Lord of All.”

The Untempered Schism.

#50 Apr 15, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimi would NOT had given the MJ and Jackson 5 a wide berth because he enjoyed all kinds of music. He was no snob and felt comfortable with his people.
Stormageddon wrote:
<quoted text> Jimi would have given Wacko a wide berth and not wanted anything to do with him. In other words, He was too cool for Wacko...
Lol I never said Jimi was a snob, you are just not getting it. I said Jimi would not want to associate with a creepy pedo. I stick by that. And I don't think He would have played with the Jackson 5, their styles were way too different.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#51 Apr 15, 2014
James Burton (Elvis lead guitarist 69-77) played on Jackson 5 , 1st album. I think I could find link if I had to! James Burton became famous playing lead for Ricky Nelson in late 50's but did a lot of session work in the 60's from Merle Haggard to Jackson 5.

Location hidden

#52 Apr 15, 2014
http://youtu.be/Ka7hrfUfw8Q
James Burton on playing with Michael Jackson and his thoughts on MJ's talent

Location hidden

#53 Apr 15, 2014
James Burton is my biggest influence since I've listened to him playing lead for Elvis. James played guitar to accent vocals ,fill licks~ more so than extended solo's. I wouldn't say he's my favorite guitar player ,that would be Eric Clapton.

Location hidden

#54 Apr 15, 2014
Session players must get certain amount for session and it doesn't matter how much song sells ,they don't get anything else. James Burton couldn't recall what songs he played guitar on for Jackson 5. I bet he remembers playing lead on Merle Haggard's - Lonesome Fugitive!

“Waiting for f'loons to wake up”

Since: Dec 06

Goofybaboon's Not Listening

#55 Apr 16, 2014
jim - wrote:
It would have been cool if Elvis had recorded Little Wing with Jimi Hendrix around 1969 or 1970. My favorite version of Little wing is Stevie Ray Vaughns instrumental version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =An4uDegHB8sXX&feature=sha re&list=RDAn4uDegHB8s
I am now listening to, of all things, "Little Wing".
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#56 Apr 16, 2014
James Burton played the guitar on Dale Hawkin's original "Suzie Q"

I checked out Gene Vincent's cover version. Rock n roll.
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#57 Apr 16, 2014
jim - wrote:
James Burton is my biggest influence since I've listened to him playing lead for Elvis. James played guitar to accent vocals ,fill licks~ more so than extended solo's. I wouldn't say he's my favorite guitar player ,that would be Eric Clapton.
James Burton is never going to be talked about as a guitar hero like Eric Clapton. I have his one instrumental solo album he made in 1971 and it was a bit of a let down. However, he is one of my favorites because no one else quite sounds like him. He was definitely his best when playing behind Elvis. I tend to like hearing different styles of playing anyway and though Eric Clapton is popular, he is still not one of my favorites. I do like Clapton's incredible guitar work on the unrealeased Derek And The Domino's "Devil Road" What really surprises me is how great Gene Vincent was. Eddie Cochran was great also but they both had a completely different styles. Gene should have been much bigger than he was. I like checking out little known rockabilly from the fifties and sixties.

Location hidden

#58 Apr 16, 2014
Eric Clapton met Elvis in 1972 at Memphis Movie theater. Elvis didn't really know who Clapton was ...
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#59 Apr 16, 2014
jim - wrote:
Eric Clapton met Elvis in 1972 at Memphis Movie theater. Elvis didn't really know who Clapton was ...
Yeah, I've read that story of Elvis's meeting with Eric Clapton in a Memphis movie theatre. I guess Clapton was in town doing a concert and one of the Stanley brothers invited Clapton. Elvis always liked renting movie theatres at night and watching films. Anyway, Elvis talked to Clapton and found out that he was a musician. He told Clapton that maybe he could jam with James Burton sometime. Actually, that would be cool since James is still alive and playing. Elvis also met with Zeppelin and John Paul Jones by himself at a separate time. Elvis traded him a very expansive watch for his Mickey Mouse wristwatch in Los Angeles.

Location hidden

#60 Apr 16, 2014
Stormageddon wrote:
<quoted text> Lol I never said Jimi was a snob, you are just not getting it. I said Jimi would not want to associate with a creepy pedo. I stick by that. And I don't think He would have played with the Jackson 5, their styles were way too different.
So you accuse a 12 year old Michael Jackson of being a pedophile? That's how old he was when Jimi died. I hardly think that Jimi would have thought MJ was a pedophile but a cute and talented child.

It's a pity you allow your biased hatred distort your outlook and cause so much turmoil in your own.
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#61 Apr 16, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
So you accuse a 12 year old Michael Jackson of being a pedophile? That's how old he was when Jimi died. I hardly think that Jimi would have thought MJ was a pedophile but a cute and talented child.
It's a pity you allow your biased hatred distort your outlook and cause so much turmoil in your own.
Jimi Hendrix probably did know who Michael was as another recording artist in 1970 but he did not live long enough for it to matter. The argument is pointless.

Location hidden

#62 Apr 16, 2014
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimi Hendrix probably did know who Michael was as another recording artist in 1970 but he did not live long enough for it to matter. The argument is pointless.
It proves that you are extremely biased and would accuse MJ of anything when he was a child.

Haterz have always spread nasty lies about him even when he was a child. They did not care how much it hurt him.
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#63 Apr 16, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
It proves that you are extremely biased and would accuse MJ of anything when he was a child.
Haterz have always spread nasty lies about him even when he was a child. They did not care how much it hurt him.
Michael was not a pedophile as a small child but you are claiming that to know what Jimi Hendrix would have thought of Michael when Jimi was long gone before the clown's troubles begun in the mid nineties. There is no evidence that Hendrix ever gave Michael a second thought as the kid in The Jackson Five. Even if he did, the argument does not make any sense because you are trying to read the mind of a dead man that no longer existed.

That is stupid as hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Now Corey Feldman Says Hollywood Has a Pedophil... (Aug '11) Thu mjIover4Iife 367
News Wade Robson Claims Michael Jackson's Companies ... Wed mjlover4life 6
News Ghana leader tells UN to dance to tune of Micha... Sep 25 lalala 1
Michael Jackson And David Bowie, the Duet That ... (Jun '10) Sep 21 Patrice Lauren 6
Wade Robson Supporters (Jul '13) Sep 21 Sleepingboy 74
News Blanket Jackson changes name: Bullied at 13 for... (Jun '15) Sep 21 Sleepingboy 9
Michael Jackson rapes Bubbles: a Continuation (Sep '08) Sep 20 Vale 5
More from around the web