Witness The Incredible Way Michael Jackson Wrote Music

There are 94 comments on the NME story from Apr 11, 2014, titled Witness The Incredible Way Michael Jackson Wrote Music. In it, NME reports that:

The news of 'Xscape', a posthumous album of Michael Jackson's archive material 'contemporized' by Epic boss LA Reid, has arrived the same week that an old demo of 'Beat It' has been doing the rounds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NME.

Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#22 Apr 14, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimi was a humble black American artist that respected all fellow black American artists because he knew they all worked they way up the hard way. You are posting about your bigoted mind not that of Hendrix.
I am sure Jimi would have loved to play 'Beat It' at an MJ concert just like Aussie Orianthi did. She is respected by all guitarists of the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =m3C-xpkyK_oXX
Please.

Jimi Hendrix would have snickered at Michael Jackson. He surrounded himself with real musicians and would have never been Eddie Van Halen. Had Hendrix lived, he would have evolved to the point where people would have to bow to the man. Orianthi is good but to compare her to Hendrix is laughable. I do not have a bigoted mind. The clown was a dirt bag like Gary Glitter or R Kelly. Wacko's limited talents have nothing to do with his race.

Since: Jun 13

Wilson, NC

#23 Apr 14, 2014
Hendrix was a humble cat but he never let race do the talking as to why he was so great even if he was down for the cause of helping his people (and he was).

“Waiting for f'loons to wake up”

Since: Dec 06

Goofybaboon's Not Listening

#24 Apr 14, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
MJ was a perfectionist for that reason alone he would never play musical instrument on stage with limited skills. He chose some of the best musicians in the world to do that in his brilliant shows. If Hendrix had been alive MJ would have collaborated something with him too.
Laughable. Jimi Hendrix didn't like egotists and would have stayed well away from the freakshow WackoJacko.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#25 Apr 14, 2014
Stormageddon wrote:
<quoted text> Are you kidding Jimi would've avoided Wacko like the plague. He would not have associated himself with a freaky pedo. Besides Jimi is a legend, a true music icon. Wacko's life was just a circus and the legacy he left behind is no different.
You aren't Hendrix do don't think for him.

MJ was no pedo. Yes Jimi is a legend but then so is MJ.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#26 Apr 14, 2014
I don't think Jimi Hendrix wanted to play guitar for the Jackson 5 but I'm sure he heard of them!=)

Location hidden

#28 Apr 14, 2014
Jimi Hendrix went to an Elvis concert when he was a kid in 1957 . He made a drawing of Elvis and wrote down all the songs Elvis sang that night . I found photo of the drawing on Elvis Australia.com fan site. I might look for it and post it sometime but not tonight.

Location hidden

#29 Apr 14, 2014
It was Sept.1 ,1957 in Seatle Washington that Jimi saw Elvis and did drawing few months later. Jimi got inspiration from Elvis!=)
Elvis Presley : Seattle, WA. Sick's Stadium (eve): September 1, 1957 - See more at: http://www.elvispresleymusic.com.au/pictures/...

“Dark Lord of All.”

The Untempered Schism.

#30 Apr 14, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't Hendrix do don't think for him.
MJ was no pedo. Yes Jimi is a legend but then so is MJ.
Lol badvibes I don't think for anyone. And Jimi Hendrix was certainly a man smart enough to think for himself. He was a real man who didn't act like a child and didn't seek his pleasures from children. Jimi would have given Wacko a wide berth and not wanted anything to do with him. In other words, He was too cool for Wacko...

Location hidden

#31 Apr 15, 2014
Stormageddon wrote:
<quoted text> Lol badvibes I don't think for anyone. And Jimi Hendrix was certainly a man smart enough to think for himself. He was a real man who didn't act like a child and didn't seek his pleasures from children. Jimi would have given Wacko a wide berth and not wanted anything to do with him. In other words, He was too cool for Wacko...
Excuse me, MJ was a 12 year old child the year Jimi Hendrix died at age 27.

Jimi Hendrix certainly didn't think MJ was a pedophile but a child prodigy.

Wilson, NC

#32 Apr 15, 2014
jim - wrote:
I don't think Jimi Hendrix wanted to play guitar for the Jackson 5 but I'm sure he heard of them!=)
It's possible he did but I doubt he wanted to play guitar for them. That just sounds like a tall tale.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#33 Apr 15, 2014
jim - wrote:
It was Sept.1 ,1957 in Seatle Washington that Jimi saw Elvis and did drawing few months later. Jimi got inspiration from Elvis!=)
Elvis Presley : Seattle, WA. Sick's Stadium (eve): September 1, 1957 - See more at: http://www.elvispresleymusic.com.au/pictures/...
That is cool as hell. I've never seen Jimi Hendrix's drawing of Elvis but it does seem that Hendrix was an Elvis fan. He even wrote the song titles of Elvis's hits of the day around Elvis. I knew that Jimi was definitely inspired to pick up the guitar after seeing Elvis in "King Creole" and I am pretty sure Hendrix was blown away by the Elvis album, "Elvis Is Back" with the great "Reconsider Baby" "Thrill Of Your Love" "It Feels So Right" and "Like A Baby" Both Hendrix and Jim Morrison were inspired by Elvis. They developed their own styles. It must have been awesome seeing Elvis playing live in Seatle Washington in 1957. I've read that Elvis did a song called, "Fools Hall Of Fame" that has never shown up yet in any form as it was something Elvis never recorded.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#34 Apr 15, 2014
BadMan84 wrote:
Hendrix was a humble cat but he never let race do the talking as to why he was so great even if he was down for the cause of helping his people (and he was).
It was obvious that Jimi Hendrix was openminded when it came to people. It was probably how he was raised in Seatle. I really do not know why he would be criticized by some for playing for a mostly white male audience and white musicians. Hendrix once played for Little Richard in the early sixties. I just think Hendrix was just ahead of his time. He was just able to progress rapidly with his talent. He focused on music because that is what he loved doing.
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Lambertville, NJ

#35 Apr 15, 2014
If this no talent mediocrity actually 'wrote' music where are the manuscripts? A REAL musician knows how to read and write music!

Location hidden

#36 Apr 15, 2014
Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
If this no talent mediocrity actually 'wrote' music where are the manuscripts? A REAL musician knows how to read and write music!
Michael Jackson and Jimmy Hendrix both didn't know how to read and write music. They were self taught geniuses. Their music is the testimony.

Location hidden

#38 Apr 15, 2014
Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
A lot of talented musicians didn't read music but they played it extremely well. It's a very very very long list!

Location hidden

#39 Apr 15, 2014
It would have been cool if Elvis had recorded Little Wing with Jimi Hendrix around 1969 or 1970. My favorite version of Little wing is Stevie Ray Vaughns instrumental version.
&fe ature=share&list=RDAn4uDeg HB8s

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#40 Apr 15, 2014
Any musician can create harmonies, as can any composer. I fail to see how this is more genius than anything else done by musicians and composers.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#41 Apr 15, 2014
jim - wrote:
It would have been cool if Elvis had recorded Little Wing with Jimi Hendrix around 1969 or 1970. My favorite version of Little wing is Stevie Ray Vaughns instrumental version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =An4uDegHB8sXX&feature=sha re&list=RDAn4uDegHB8s
Speaking of Stevie Ray Vaughan, he did an excellent cover of "Shake A Hand" in 1978. It remains unreleased but his version is on You Tube. The album "Elvis Today" has always been one of my favorite studio albums that Elvis made in the seventies.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#42 Apr 15, 2014
jim - wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of talented musicians didn't read music but they played it extremely well. It's a very very very long list!
I am still amazed what Jimi came up with on his guitar because no one else was ever that advanced that quickly. It was like Jimi came from another planet. It would have been interesting what direction Hendrix might have taken had he lived beyond 1970.

“Dark Lord of All.”

The Untempered Schism.

#43 Apr 15, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, MJ was a 12 year old child the year Jimi Hendrix died at age 27.
What does that have to do with anything?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge to Decide if Jackson Accuser Can Sue Estate 8 hr Octopus 639
News Thriller: Award-winning Michael Jackson tribute... Wed Sleepingboy 13
Another Thread Suddenly Deleted From Upset Floons Wed Sleepingboy 7
Why does octopus Wed Sleepingboy 7
News Lisa Marie Presley on father Elvis, music caree... (Oct '12) Wed Letha brown 37
Tatum O'Neal's relationship with Michael Jackson. (Aug '07) Tue Len is Disgusted 473
Michael Jackson's Record Sales (Feb '09) Tue Len is Disgusted 456
More from around the web