150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12898 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

dreamingofelvis

Australia

#14734 Jul 19, 2014
the sentence should be, "I have much to look forward to with regard to music, thanks to you".(I wish we could edit after posting.)
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14739 Jul 23, 2014
ROLLING STONE magazine is biased against Elvis,and a lot of it is due to it's editor,Jann Wiener,and if they mention Link Wray in their magazine,their recognition is scant at best.If I see them release an Elvis commemorative issue[something they should have done LONG ago]I'll start to think differently,but we all know that WON'T happen,they'll just keep putting out `commemorative' issues on artists that Octo correctly described as artists whose music we're pretty much sick of,and in all honesty,this joke of a magazine is not WORTHY to release anything connected to the great name of Elvis Presley,PERIOD,peace out.
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#14744 Jul 23, 2014
I think Rolling Stone tries to please the largest group of music fans as possible but it fails to realize it should remain a Rock N Roll publication. It does not always put rock musicians on their covers anymore. Johnny Winter just passed away at seventy years old but I could not find what exactly he died from on the internet. A blues and rock legend for sure.

Does that mean that Rolling Stone will put him on the front page?
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#14745 Jul 23, 2014
RICK wrote:
ROLLING STONE magazine is biased against Elvis,and a lot of it is due to it's editor,Jann Wiener,and if they mention Link Wray in their magazine,their recognition is scant at best.If I see them release an Elvis commemorative issue[something they should have done LONG ago]I'll start to think differently,but we all know that WON'T happen,they'll just keep putting out `commemorative' issues on artists that Octo correctly described as artists whose music we're pretty much sick of,and in all honesty,this joke of a magazine is not WORTHY to release anything connected to the great name of Elvis Presley,PERIOD,peace out.
My friend is sending me the brand new "Countdown To Midnight" import release from Elvis's classic 1976 going into 1977 New Years Eve show in Pittsburgh. This is supposed to be from an improved quality source and contains a DVD, CD and a hundred page book of color photographs of one of Elvis's best seventies concerts. Rolling Stone would never review that package because it is not an official release. Of course, I can complain about Rolling Stone but I doubt it would make any difference. They should have a section on unsung heroes of rock and it would be quite educational. I wouldn't hold my breath though. They seem to like covering the same rock legends over and over. That is why I very rarely buy their publication.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14751 Jul 28, 2014
And I'd just like to comment on the death of the great James Garner.He was one of my all time favorite actors,I loved his work,but my all time favorite role that he played was that of trailer park detective Jim Rockford in `The Rockford Files',my favorite detective series,along with `Columbo',I have all 6 seasons on DVD,rest in peace,Jim,we'll miss you.
Dennis Hauser

Peoria, IL

#14752 Jul 28, 2014
RICK wrote:
And I'd just like to comment on the death of the great James Garner.He was one of my all time favorite actors,I loved his work,but my all time favorite role that he played was that of trailer park detective Jim Rockford in `The Rockford Files',my favorite detective series,along with `Columbo',I have all 6 seasons on DVD,rest in peace,Jim,we'll miss you.
The Maverick has rode off to that big sunset in the sky. R.I.P. Jim..
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14756 Aug 2, 2014
We all know the undercredited trailblazer that Elvis was[to the Liberal media shmucks,anyway],here's another uncredited example.Before Elvis crashed onto the music scene,the scant number of Rock n' Rollers who made minor inroads on the Pop charts[Bill Haley,Little Richard,etc..]were only asked to make singles and singles only.But when RCA VICTOR released Elvis first two long playing albums in 1956 and both became no.1 platinum plus selling smashes,he turned Rock and Roll artists into ALBUM artists,and it's been that way ever since,from the Everly Brothers to The Beatles,but The King has never been given credit for this important achievement,or ANYTHING ELSE by these media hacks,peace out
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14760 Aug 20, 2014
Everybody says I'm always bashing Paul Mccartney,well, now it's Chuck Berry's turn.I hear he's coming out with a long awaited followup to `Johnny B.Goode',it's a new song called`Woodcock U. Goode',but since Chuck is 2 million years old now,I don't think the song will be a hit,ba domp bommmmp,see`ya.
Prufex

Lancaster, OH

#14762 Aug 20, 2014
That's the stupidest post I've ever read.

Thats like asking how many songs Dylan sang that sounded good. Just an ignorant post.....
Lee

North Hollywood, CA

#14764 Aug 21, 2014
just the facts dude wrote:
SOOO....How many songs did Elvie write during his Illustrious career?
Elvis was a singer not a song writer. He was the greatest singer who ever lived. That does not require song writing.
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#14765 Aug 21, 2014
RICK wrote:
Everybody says I'm always bashing Paul Mccartney,well, now it's Chuck Berry's turn.I hear he's coming out with a long awaited followup to `Johnny B.Goode',it's a new song called`Woodcock U. Goode',but since Chuck is 2 million years old now,I don't think the song will be a hit,ba domp bommmmp,see`ya.
Actually, why would anyone need to bash Chuck Berry?

Sure, Chuck Berry videotaped women going to bathroom with a hidden camera years ago, but nevertheless, he made some of the greatest early rock n roll records ever recorded. He is an old man. Of course, he will never be as popular as Elvis. Besides, TV Guide has a new Elvis collectors magazine out called, "Elvis Remembered" It has plenty of never before seen photos of Elvis. Really well done and positive. I found it at the news stand yesterday. Obviously, the overload of Beatle publications have died down a bit since Paul McCartney's new album still fell off the charts quickly. I would not mind seeing Chuck Berry get a little attention. I wouldn't count on it though.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14775 Aug 25, 2014
Actually it's just a crude joke on my part,Octo,Chuck is a great name in the history of Rock and Roll and has been not been given the credit he deserves,sure ,he'll never be on a level of an Elvis ,for sure ,but he's still a legend who deserves our respect.Oh,by the way ,Octo,I just purchased that new TV GUIDE mag `REMEMBERING ELVIS',it's a great magazine,this is the kind of magazine that ROLLING STONE or PEOPLE should look at as a prototype for the kind of publication on Elvis they SHOULD have put out long ago,it's a magazine that CELEBRATES Elvis as the great,beloved star that he was and still remains,with very nice articles by people like the famed movie critic Leonard Maltin and others,worth every penny,peace out.
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#14776 Aug 25, 2014
RICK wrote:
Actually it's just a crude joke on my part,Octo,Chuck is a great name in the history of Rock and Roll and has been not been given the credit he deserves,sure ,he'll never be on a level of an Elvis ,for sure ,but he's still a legend who deserves our respect.Oh,by the way ,Octo,I just purchased that new TV GUIDE mag `REMEMBERING ELVIS',it's a great magazine,this is the kind of magazine that ROLLING STONE or PEOPLE should look at as a prototype for the kind of publication on Elvis they SHOULD have put out long ago,it's a magazine that CELEBRATES Elvis as the great,beloved star that he was and still remains,with very nice articles by people like the famed movie critic Leonard Maltin and others,worth every penny,peace out.
There were a couple good magazines put out on Elvis in recent years, TV Guide being the latest. However, this current mag did not focus too much on Elvis in the seventies. It was mostly devoted to the fifties and strangely, the often neglected Hollywood era of the sixties. Very good as there were quite a few photographs I've never seen published before.

Chuck Berry is certainly a rock n roll legend and his music definitely holds up. That being said, there is room for everybody. I've listened to Dion, Gene Vincent, Eddie Cochran, Link Wray, Tom Petty and Judas Priest's new CD within the last couple months. Not Elvis, but they did not have to be. It is just fun to listen to other artists. My latest Elvis import box of Elvis in Pittsburgh New Years Eve, 1976 finally came in last week. "Final Countdown" is definitely a vast improvement over prior releases for both sound quality and super 8 film. The DVD is stunning. They put together different footage and angles in like a split screen format. 88 minutes, which is close to the most complete show available. The hundred page booklet has many color shots, fan recollections, reviews and informative articles of the concert held that night. Elvis certainly kicked ass.

Well done.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14778 Sep 3, 2014
I would like to know when SOUNDSCAN is going to update Elvis' sales figures,they've been awfully slow in doing so,just as they have been quicker than a jackrabbit to update Garth Brook's sales and The Beatles as well,but to me ,the fact that Elvis is still in the top 10 in sales[which will happen when his sales are UPDATED]is a remarkable feat in itself,and testament to his enduring popularity.Elvis's situation is not like ,for instance ,The Beatles.Two of the four Beatles are still living,and Paul Mccartney has been stoking the fire of The Beatles for 44 years[the Anthology series,the `1' album,and other projects that he put together].When Elvis died,the whole ship went down,and The King has had no such spokesperson for many years.The closest thing to a spokesperson that Elvis has had in the last 20 years or so has been Ernst Jorgenson,and to a lesser degree,Priscilla Presley and daughter Lisa Marie,peace out.
The Guest

Fountain Valley, CA

#14780 Sep 15, 2014
Good afternoon. Should I watch - The Beatles or Elvis videos on Youtube.com ?
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14782 Sep 17, 2014
And speaking of that December 31st ,1976 new year's eve concert in Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania by Elvis,strangely enough,I have a two record `bootleg' set of that performance,I wonder if it's worth anything,and a sad fact of his concerts in 1976,America's bicentennial year,Elvis overdosed twice while on tour,one of those cities being St. Louis,Missouri,how Elvis's people were able to keep these incidents out of the reach of the press is beyond my comprehension,peace out.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14783 Sep 17, 2014
And this is something I'd like to see from some book publisher that I,as an Elvis fan ,have yet to see,a complete Elvis information book on his COMPLETE chart history,a listing of what he did on ALL the charts that his music had success on plus a complete listing of ALL Elvis albums,singles and extended play discs and CD'S ever released,and a complete listing of all his RIAA awards and how many copies these records sold to the last record,like G.I BLUES selling 1.7 million,or ELVIS GOLDEN RECORDS selling 6.9 million,to the last record.I know this would be a tall order,but I think a Joel Whitburn or a Jerry Osborne would be able to tackle a project like this,peace out.
Little monster

Birmingham, UK

#14784 Sep 17, 2014
RICK wrote:
And this is something I'd like to see from some book publisher that I,as an Elvis fan ,have yet to see,a complete Elvis information book on his COMPLETE chart history,a listing of what he did on ALL the charts that his music had success on plus a complete listing of ALL Elvis albums,singles and extended play discs and CD'S ever released,and a complete listing of all his RIAA awards and how many copies these records sold to the last record,like G.I BLUES selling 1.7 million,or ELVIS GOLDEN RECORDS selling 6.9 million,to the last record.I know this would be a tall order,but I think a Joel Whitburn or a Jerry Osborne would be able to tackle a project like this,peace out.
Maybe "RICK" Elvis overtook his medication in 1976 because he had cancer of the stomach and he thought that the medication would help with the pain, it may have helped him a bit, but he would have to take more and more to stop the pain, this would have given him a lot of side effects and make him look like a drug user. I think he would rather people thought him a drug user than let any body know he was dying of cancer.
All the best Little monster.
Octopus

Clifton Park, NY

#14789 Sep 18, 2014
RICK wrote:
And speaking of that December 31st ,1976 new year's eve concert in Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania by Elvis,strangely enough,I have a two record `bootleg' set of that performance,I wonder if it's worth anything,and a sad fact of his concerts in 1976,America's bicentennial year,Elvis overdosed twice while on tour,one of those cities being St. Louis,Missouri,how Elvis's people were able to keep these incidents out of the reach of the press is beyond my comprehension,peace out.
My friend gave me a few original vinyl bootleg LP's including New Year's '76 and The Final Farewell. I guess it would depend on their condition. He also gave me the classic LP, "Elvis Presley Is Alive And Well And Playing In Las Vegas" which I had framed with my Elvis autograph because it was still in decent conditiion. My favorite vinyl bootleg is a title called, "Special Delivery From Elvis Presley" in virgin white vinyl. That one I found at a collector's fair a few years back.

I have the St Louis concert on CD and it is not a bad show. I've heard that Elvis overdosed a few times as early as 1973, especially in June or July of that year. It is weird because the last cape show was in Atlanta on 7-3-73 and it was a blazing concert. Elvis kicked ass.

I do not know if the drugs helped or hindered his performances depending if they were uppers or downers. I suppose if Elvis was flying high, he would have the energy to put on fantastic concerts.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14790 Sep 23, 2014
Well,Octopus Brain,I hope this 2 record set is worth something,and there's a new book by Joe Esposito's wife or daughter that says that Elvis begged ex-wife Priscilla to come back to him just a few weeks before his death in 1977,now that's something I had never heard before,peace out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Jackson Chat Room! (Dec '12) 23 hr briana 65
One of MJ's "special friends" disclosed on MJ's... (Jul '13) Aug 7 Spotted Wee 126
News Paul McCartney fights to get back his songs Aug 5 sleepingboy 201
zionist jew conspiracy against MJ Aug 3 Spotted Wee 6
News Jackson's ex-doc details star's alleged attract... Jul 27 Jacko was a slime... 1
News Who's the King, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley,... (Dec '09) Jul 27 Chaimpie 7,216
Michael Jackson had semen stains from other mal... (Sep '12) Jul '16 Justice 1,877
More from around the web