150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 Full story: talk.livedaily.com 12,785

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Full Story
dreamingofelvis

Melbourne, Australia

#14590 Jun 25, 2014
Emily Barnton wrote:
dreamingofelvis, your post #14571 wasn't there, at my end, when I sent my #14572 post. How can that be? That's why I said, why didn't you answer some of my questions? I see your response to some of my questions, now. This forum drives me mad. I will take a look at the Linda Hood Sigmon site, and revisit the FB page. Why are you so interested in the Jesse avenue if you believe Elvis to be dead? Are you just interested in a general way about Elvis?
Emily I think M.J. was very talented, and I did enjoy his concert. It is easy to see why he is amongst the top 150 best selling artists in the world, and truly deserves to be there.
I made a mistake when I asked you about the Elvis/Jesse, photo. It was someone else who was asking about that, and I thought it was you. My apologies.
Cheers.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14591 Jun 25, 2014
Hey,D.O.E,all I'm trying to do is point out that there is PLENTY of fodder for Beatle jokes,from Brian Epstein's issues to John Lennon's and Paul Mcfartney's and Ringo and George as well,but the Liberal media hacks treat The Beatles with kid gloves,but always go after MY favorite artist,Elvis,to underscore their unfair treatment of him,and I also try to do it with a little bit of humor,that's all,so shut up,asshole,peace out.
WRONG again Rick

Kenthurst, Australia

#14594 Jun 25, 2014
RICK wrote:
as well,but the Liberal media hacks treat The Beatles with kid gloves,but always go after MY favorite artist,Elvis,to underscore their unfair treatment of him.
Unfair treatment, huh?

You mean like how Rolling Stone this week released their Top 20 hits of the summer for the 50s, where Elvis occupies FOUR of the positions, INCLUDING No.1, and where they also used HIS picture to start off the gallery?

Is that what you mean by unfair?

You fail yet again.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/20...
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14595 Jun 25, 2014
Don't even get me started on that magazine run by that fatass prick,Jann Wenner,or as I like to call him,WIENER,you kangaroo banger,ROLLING STONE is a 60'a counterculture magazine,and naturally favors artists from the 60's over artists who emerged in the 50's,like Elvis,oh,sure they put him in the top 3 or five,but Elvis is TRULY no.1,I know it,you know it,and more importantly,THEY know it as well[C'MON,THEY PUT BOB DYLAN AHEAD OF ELVIS],GIMME A BREAK,THAT ALONE UNDERSCORES THE ANTI ELVIS BIAS I'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT,Bob Dylan is not even in Elvis's league,wake up and smell the coffee,asshole,`see ya..
dreamingofelvis

Melbourne, Australia

#14596 Jun 25, 2014
RICK wrote:
Hey,D.O.E,all I'm trying to do is point out that there is PLENTY of fodder for Beatle jokes,from Brian Epstein's issues to John Lennon's and Paul Mcfartney's and Ringo and George as well,but the Liberal media hacks treat The Beatles with kid gloves,but always go after MY favorite artist,Elvis,to underscore their unfair treatment of him,and I also try to do it with a little bit of humor,that's all,so shut up,asshole,peace out.
Is D>O>E supposed to be aimed at me?
For heaven's sake. Get a grip dude. I've NEVER responded or commented on anything you've had to say. So go wash your mouth out with soap!
Funny how this can stay up.
You people have a strange way of communicating.
My shift is over now. I'll be back.

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#14601 Jun 26, 2014
dreamingofelvis wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you're not Observer who the heck are you and who is Observer?
doe,

I have taken the extraordinary step of coming back on here for the first time in six months to briefly explain all this BS.

Obviously, I am the real Observer Rules: you can see by my profile that I am a registered user, and that I have been for some time.

Firstly, ANY unregistered post from Australia (with the obvious exception of yours, and the one I posted last night explaining why off topic crap is deleted) are from this same, single troll. And I mean EVERY post: he uses my name of Observer Rules, King Elvis (my old unregistered name here), Rock Dolls, Radio Waves and literally dozens of others.

His real name is Philip Lean. Five years ago - that's right, five YEARS this crap has been going on - he posted late one night that he was the son of Elvis. I immediately responded "Piss off troll". And it bugged him.

Long story shortish, he eventually attempted to steal my unregistered identity, and began posting as King Elvis. So I returned to my registered OR profile, ie this one.

Eventually, I requested Topix do an automatic deletion of all of his posts, and they agreed that he was an incessant troll. You know that definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result? I give you Philip Lean. No matter how many times he posts here, or under what name, Topix automatically deletes his ravings.

And it KILLS him.

Months into this nonsense, he began to tell a raving story, something about a lost love, or something that happened to some gate takings at a club. It's all raving troll nonsense, and all of you have fallen for it.

I haven't posted on here in about six months: it became boring. Several posters left here because of his crap, and that's what he and all trolls thrive on: ruining fun for others, and getting attention. Older posters such as Lee, Dolbyscat and others can vouch for this. Even poor, stupid Little Monster (Maria), who said three times she wouldn't respond to him again, fell for it time and time again.

I look at this forum once every two weeks or so now, just to see if his comments are here, and every time, all I see are missing posts. Topix does their job, and it kills him.

Philip Lean is from Kincumber, NSW. Look him up on the online White Pages, P Lean Kincumber. It kills him that I know his name, address and phone number, but he has no idea who I am. And, for reasons not understood, he thinks I'm female, which I'm not.

I am his obsession, his white whale. I am the first thing he thinks of when he wakes up, and the last thing he thinks of at night.

And all of this from an allegedly grown man in his late fifties! Whether or not he actually believes he is the son of Elvis is unclear.

So, when you see posts asking for Philip to come back - you've seen the rubbish he writes - he's referring to himself.

He is, I seriously believe, quite literally insane.

The troll loves attention. But when he doesn't get it, his posts become angrier an angrier. And when one thread doesn't bite, he'll post in another.

And all for NOTHING, as Topix deletes his rubbish every single time.

So my advice, for what it's worth, is to ignore this lunatic. However, by doing so, he will then pick you as his next target, respond with nonsense to your every post, to see if you bite.

Don't. It will bore the hell out of you, and take the fun away from posting here. That's what the SOB does: he's a ruiner.

This is my first and ONLY post to you on this subject. I will not post ANYTHING unregistered down the line for clarification; no "one more thing" posts; no "I've forgotten my registered profile password"; nothing, zilch.

Lean will, of course, read this and get a hard on, and post in reply; he usually posts late at night, even on Friday and Saturday nights, which shows what a loser he is.

That's it. Read every word here again. That's all you need to know.

The REAL OR.
dreamingofelvis

Parkville, Australia

#14606 Jun 27, 2014
Observer Rules wrote:
I am the genuine Observer Rules and always will be.
It is quite clear that the person posting under my name is stark raving mad, driven to that condition by her hated of me for having such a close relationship with Philip Lean, the son of Elvis.
It seems that hated has spread, year by year, to Philip as well - what other explanation can there be for the words "Philip Lean is a c..." which appear beside her screen nic.
The best thing to do is to disregard all and everything the poor demented woman posts here. After all, who can forget her insane ravings at fans who opposed any view on the King she may have held at any time.
And never forget the factual errors the poor, lost soul used to make between times of screaming and ranting.
Elvis fans do not need her sort of lunacy. They deserve better for their loyalty to the King.
The genuine Observer Rules.
Sorry mate, you're out of luck. I have written an explanation as to why to the registered, O.R.
It is my response to regards all this, but so far it hasn't shown up. I will keep trying.
dreamingofelvis

Parkville, Australia

#14608 Jun 27, 2014
Observer Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
doe,
I have taken the extraordinary step of coming back on here for the first time in six months to briefly explain all this BS.
Obviously, I am the real Observer Rules: you can see by my profile that I am a registered user, and that I have been for some time.
Firstly, ANY unregistered post from Australia (with the obvious exception of yours, and the one I posted last night explaining why off topic crap is deleted) are from this same, single troll. And I mean EVERY post: he uses my name of Observer Rules, King Elvis (my old unregistered name here), Rock Dolls, Radio Waves and literally dozens of others.
His real name is Philip Lean. Five years ago - that's right, five YEARS this crap has been going on - he posted late one night that he was the son of Elvis. I immediately responded "Piss off troll". And it bugged him.
Long story shortish, he eventually attempted to steal my unregistered identity, and began posting as King Elvis. So I returned to my registered OR profile, ie this one.
Eventually, I requested Topix do an automatic deletion of all of his posts, and they agreed that he was an incessant troll. You know that definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result? I give you Philip Lean. No matter how many times he posts here, or under what name, Topix automatically deletes his ravings.
And it KILLS him.
Months into this nonsense, he began to tell a raving story, something about a lost love, or something that happened to some gate takings at a club. It's all raving troll nonsense, and all of you have fallen for it.
I haven't posted on here in about six months: it became boring. Several posters left here because of his crap, and that's what he and all trolls thrive on: ruining fun for others, and getting attention. Older posters such as Lee, Dolbyscat and others can vouch for this. Even poor, stupid Little Monster (Maria), who said three times she wouldn't respond to him again, fell for it time and time again.
I look at this forum once every two weeks or so now, just to see if his comments are here, and every time, all I see are missing posts. Topix does their job, and it kills him.
Philip Lean is from Kincumber, NSW. Look him up on the online White Pages, P Lean Kincumber. It kills him that I know his name, address and phone number, but he has no idea who I am. And, for reasons not understood, he thinks I'm female, which I'm not.
I am his obsession, his white whale. I am the first thing he thinks of when he wakes up, and the last thing he thinks of at night.
And all of this from an allegedly grown man in his late fifties! Whether or not he actually believes he is the son of Elvis is unclear.
So, when you see posts asking for Philip to come back - you've seen the rubbish he writes - he's referring to himself.
He is, I seriously believe, quite literally insane.
The troll loves attention. But when he doesn't get it, his posts become angrier an angrier. And when one thread doesn't bite, he'll post in another.
And all for NOTHING, as Topix deletes his rubbish every single time.
So my advice, for what it's worth, is to ignore this lunatic. However, by doing so, he will then pick you as his next target, respond with nonsense to your every post, to see if you bite.
Don't. It will bore the hell out of you, and take the fun away from posting here. That's what the SOB does: he's a ruiner.
This is my first and ONLY post to you on this subject. I will not post ANYTHING unregistered down the line for clarification; no "one more thing" posts; no "I've forgotten my registered profile password"; nothing, zilch.
Lean will, of course, read this and get a hard on, and post in reply; he usually posts late at night, even on Friday and Saturday nights, which shows what a loser he is.
That's it. Read every word here again. That's all you need to know.
The REAL OR.
I appreciate this and believe you. I have replied but it won't upload. Will keep trying. DOE
dreamingofelvis

Parkville, Australia

#14609 Jun 27, 2014
To the registered O.R. I appreciate the clarification and believe you.
I have been trying to reply but it won't upload. You might get a few repeat posts later on. I'll persevere.
Cheers. DOE.
dreamingofelvis

Parkville, Australia

#14610 Jun 27, 2014
This is to the REGISTERED O.R. I tried to include your post 14601 in an earlier reply but it wouldn't upload.

Fair enough. This is starting to make sense now.
You must understand I thought the other person was legitimate, because he was the only one posting at the time.
In the past there were too many nicknames, claims and counter claims to really know who was who, and what the real truth was.
I was interested in the son of Elvis story, as I am in ALL things related to Elvis. You just never know where they might lead. Whether I believe them or not is another matter altogether.
I've been reading here for years, but the nastiness was not my scene.
I believed it had died down enough to finally join in. I do not wish to become embroiled in other people's arguments. I am a LOVER not a fighter!
Apart from trying to determine who was removing both Emily's and my posts, and my responses to Dolby's Cat because I thought he was responsible, if you've read what I have written in other threads, you can see I've always been on topic.

I have been involved in the Australian music scene for many years, and have met many world renowned performers and their associates.
To my everlasting heartbreak, Elvis was not one of them. However some of them knew him, and those involved with him, both professionally and on a more personal level.
I came on to chat about Elvis and the wonderful legacy he left us, as well as other artists where relevant, and thought I might be able to contribute some things others on here may be unaware of.
Whether people appreciate what I have to say or not is fine by me either way.

Unfortunately some of my relevant posts have been removed, and as that didn't make sense to me this is the reason why I responded to you as I did.
Thank-you for taking the time to provide the clarification I was asking for.
I would appreciate it if you would ask Topix admins not to remove my posts, so that when I do reply to people they at least make sense.

I will take under advisement what you have said with regards some of the other characters here.
I will now include you with the others I have named in a previous post as being genuine.
Hopefully this successfully uploads this time.
Have a nice weekend.
Cheers. DOE.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami, FL

#14613 Jun 27, 2014
Elvis Aaron Presley is the greatest recording act of all time. He Is the most certified artist of all time, according to the Recording Industry Association of America. Moreover he is the only artist to have sold, the astronomical sum of a billion records worldwide. Remember this is an Elvis forum, not a personal one. Peace out.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami, FL

#14614 Jun 27, 2014
By the way where are you Octopus ? Rick? Dennis? Observer Rules? the Real King Elvis, and of course, Dolbyscat "the greatest Beatle collector of all'. Anyway like to hear from you guys again.. Have a great day fellows!!.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#14615 Jun 27, 2014
Hi Victor, I still look in here from time to time, but this thread got a little too much like a RICK and Octopus mutual adoration thread, and Rick's infantile rantings became too much to bear. If your looking in Rick please, please don't bother replying to this...Vic, I am certainly not "the greatest Beatle collector of all" I know others who have a lot of records and tapes that I would love to own, also my interest only lies in official releases. I might add that my Beatles and Elvis collection is only a small part of my total collection amassed over a fifty + year period. Have a good weekend Victor....:)
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#14617 Jun 27, 2014
dolbyscat wrote:
Hi Victor, I still look in here from time to time, but this thread got a little too much like a RICK and Octopus mutual adoration thread, and Rick's infantile rantings became too much to bear. If your looking in Rick please, please don't bother replying to this...Vic, I am certainly not "the greatest Beatle collector of all" I know others who have a lot of records and tapes that I would love to own, also my interest only lies in official releases. I might add that my Beatles and Elvis collection is only a small part of my total collection amassed over a fifty + year period. Have a good weekend Victor....:)
Gene Vincent And The Bluecaps
Chuck Berry
Bill Haley And The Comets
Curtis Mayfield
The Stooges featuring Iggy Pop
MC5
Eddie Cochran
The Sex Pistols
Velvet Underground
Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
Alice Cooper
Flamin' Groovies
Dion
Johnny Rivers
Glen Campbell
Johhny Cash
Bob Dylan
Jimi Hendrix
The Yardbirds
The Byrds
Stray Cats
Dick Dale And The Deltones
Prince
Judas Priest
The Doors
New York Dolls
Paul Rodgers
Led Zeppelin

All artists that I've recently added to my massive collection besides Elvis.

I am so sorry that I annoy you because I am an Elvis fan. That is just too bad.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami, FL

#14621 Jun 27, 2014
Hey Dolby: Nice to hear from you again, my good friend. I will be touching bases with you and the rest of the gang more often and as time permits. Just bought a house down in South Beach and have been kind of busy decorating it. You know how it is. Anyway and to reiterate, it's always been a delight for me to participate with you in this forum. Thank you for your response. Oh and by the way, you have a great weekend to. Peace out my friend !!

KELOWNA

#14622 Jun 28, 2014
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry that I annoy you because I am an Elvis fan. That is just too bad.
Hi Octo, you and your buddy RICK share the same problem, either you can't read, or you fail to understand plain English. I didn't say you annoy me because you are an Elvis fan, it's simply because you ARE annoying....
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#14623 Jun 28, 2014
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Octo, you and your buddy RICK share the same problem, either you can't read, or you fail to understand plain English. I didn't say you annoy me because you are an Elvis fan, it's simply because you ARE annoying....
I do not know why you come to that conclusion that because Rick and I are Elvis fans, we share a mutual adoration, which seems to annoy you. It is like you are like that jealous little worm, Albert Goldman. Anyway, my point is that I do enjoy other artists because I am open minded. I do not care what their sales are. Take Gene Vincent for example. A great early rock n roller that has never been given much exposure as other more popular artists. Yet, his work was very interesting. Of course, I recently discovered Dion's current work "Bronx In Blue" and its follow up, "Tank Full Of Blues" The man is seventy-five years old and still playing, still making music. If being a fan of Elvis annoys you where you feel the need to be negative about our enjoyment of music, you are not really an Elvis fan. Nevertheless, he is not the only one that I listen to. I just do not follow the pack. I listen to different artists and either I like it or I don't.

KELOWNA

#14624 Jun 28, 2014
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know why you come to that conclusion that because Rick and I are Elvis fans, we share a mutual adoration, which seems to annoy you. If being a fan of Elvis annoys you where you feel the need to be negative about our enjoyment of music, you are not really an Elvis fan. Nevertheless, he is not the only one that I listen to. I just do not follow the pack. I listen to different artists and either I like it or I don't.
Like I said Octo, read my post, and don't put words in my mouth. I'm try to be precise in what I say, I say what I mean and don't imply anything else. So stop reading things into my posts that aren't there.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#14625 Jun 28, 2014
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text> Like I said Octo, read my post, and don't put words in my mouth. I'm try to be precise in what I say, I say what I mean and don't imply anything else. So stop reading things into my posts that aren't there.
Yet, you continue to be negative towards Rick for simply complaining about the obvious bias against Elvis Presley in the sixties cultural media. It is because Elvis never slobbered all over them and was an outsider. Ironically, so was Johnny Cash. Yet, they seem to be postive when they write about the man in black. It is basically because of Albert Goldman's trash book on Elvis being repeated for decades. That is just how Rick and I see it. But it reality, there is very little I can do to change that. However, life goes on. I simply enjoy the classic rockabilly, rock n roll, r&b, blues, Memphis soul and Detroit era punk of stripped down rock nowadays. I like it better than the bloated, progressive corporate rock that has been played on FM radio for years. Instead, I decided to dig deeper. It is because I've been doing that with Elvis for years. Johnny Kidd And The Pirates "Shakin' All Over" is another neglected masterpiece. Rock N Roll is still fun.

KELOWNA

#14626 Jun 28, 2014
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you continue to be negative towards Rick for simply complaining about the obvious bias against Elvis Presley in the sixties cultural media..
There you go again, just where did I say that???? I gave up here because of RICK's childish oft repeated rants, peppered with bad spelling, bad punctuation, and his inability to turn off the CAPS lock. He bitches consistently about the treatment of Elvis and rants at anybody who dares to say anything that is not a glowing review. Yet he feels it is fine for HIM to make fun of other artists he is a whiney little child, who has proven to everybody that indeed the US education system is totally broken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... 3 hr goodvibrations 4
Wacko's hand placement in this photograph 3 hr goodvibrations 39
Michael Jackson's 1993 Mexico Deposition Videos... (Nov '12) 3 hr CakeEater 38
Michael Jackson Tops Forbes' List Of Top-Earnin... 4 hr Jina Wild_ 78
Why being a vindicitve troll doesn't pay 4 hr Jina Wild_ 9
Who is your favourite musician or band of all t... 5 hr Jina Wild_ 53
Judge denies motion in Jackson estate case 6 hr Len is Disgusted 43
Girl with Asperger Syndrome Performing Michael ... 7 hr Len is Disgusted 61

Michael Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE