150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12898 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14478 Jun 11, 2014
And something I never mentioned before but want to now,I found it particularly pleasing that Elvis' first two albums on the RCA VICTOR label,`Elvis Presley' and the more popular second album `Elvis',both released in March and October of 1956,respectively,were both upgraded to platinum status a couple of years back,55 long years after their release,underscoring The King's continuing popularity as well,peace out.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14479 Jun 18, 2014
And doesn't anyone want to chat on this forum anymore,what am I on,the Lusitania or something,OH MY GOD,A TORPEDO,which ironically were the same words uttered by Brian Epstein when he and John Lennon had their little get together in Spain,BA -DOMP-BOMP,peace to the multitudes.
dreamingofelvis

Australia

#14481 Jun 19, 2014
RICK wrote:
And doesn't anyone want to chat on this forum anymore,what am I on,the Lusitania or something,OH MY GOD,A TORPEDO,which ironically were the same words uttered by Brian Epstein when he and John Lennon had their little get together in Spain,BA -DOMP-BOMP,peace to the multitudes.
I think most of the original posters are long gone, probably dead. You sound like an interesting chap, if somewhat whacky.
Good luck with having an interesting dialogue on here.
I will agree with you, in that there is no competition between Elvis and the rest of the world's artists. Elvis is in a universe all of his own.
Xscape

Tampa, FL

#14495 Jun 19, 2014
Be The First To Comment wrote:
it just about put me in a coma.
Lol you mean comma =P
dreamingofelvis

Australia

#14522 Jun 21, 2014
Gee whiz. It doesn't take long for the small minded judge to hit my posts!
I know who you are. What a bitter and nasty person you are. Why don't you actually contribute something. Your agenda is obvious.
So go get yourself a nice hot cup of tea, put on some Elvis music, and see if that can't help your disposition!
Little monster

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#14525 Jun 21, 2014
Emily Barnton wrote:
Little monster, thanks for your post. Michael can be a female name. Unusual, yes. Any name can be for both genders if parents choose. The actress from TV show, The Waltons is a Michael. Her name is Michael Learned. If you didn't already know that little fact, you have now learned something.
Was that a warring shot across the bow, I had better keep out of your way you are dangerous with your TV family.

You sure get around the world.
dreamingofelvis

Australia

#14560 Jun 25, 2014
Observer Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Those bad, mad frightened people have taken our posts down again but we are back.
Nothing will stop me posting on here. This is the place where Philip Lean, love of my life and son of Elvis Presley, and I will hook up once more.
I love you Philip, with all my heart and soul and I am sorry about the gate takings affair. Perce the Poof made me do it.
I am at 202 Canterbury Road Dulwich Hill. If you can get away from Kincumber (AND HER!!!) please cum down and see me. I am randy and waiting for you to lite my fire once more.
I L O V E YOU, PHILIP.
Observer Rules.
What's the point of this board if posts are continuously removed?
What I would like to know is how that is possible? Any ideas anyone?
I was looking forward to reading how it is you believe Mr. Lean is Elvis' son.
Is the information you said Justin Harrison wrote still available?
Let's see how long this lasts.
Perhaps some one doesn't want this info out there. Just saying.
dreamingofelvis

Australia

#14563 Jun 25, 2014
Emily Barnton wrote:
dreamingofelvis, have you had some of your posts disappear? I have, a couple of days ago. It's very odd. My posts didn't contain anything which would require deletion. They didn't violate any terms and conditions of the site.
Hi Emily. Yes I have noticed. It's that idiot troll from Canada doing it.
I don't know how, unless he's a moderator here. LOL
I've had about ten removed now. Including replies to you.
Don't worry. Nothing either of us has said deserves removing.
He just likes to play childish games. Got to give his sad life meaning somehow I guess.
Should we start up a thread about this?
Maybe that would get an INTELLIGENT moderators attention.
Don't worry Emily. I'll just keep posting until I know you've had a chance to respond. Thanks for your other posts. Very interesting. Did you see the Elvis>?Jesse photo?
If you reply to this it will be proof, it was removed if it disappears.
Hope to hear from you soon.
dreamingofelvis

Australia

#14564 Jun 25, 2014
dreamingofelvis wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the point of this board if posts are continuously removed?
What I would like to know is how that is possible? Any ideas anyone?
I was looking forward to reading how it is you believe Mr. Lean is Elvis' son.
Is the information you said Justin Harrison wrote still available?
Let's see how long this lasts.
Perhaps some one doesn't want this info out there. Just saying.
Observer, there are other posters who are having there posts disappear as well.
I suggest we start a thread so we might get to the bottom of this. I am replying to myself so that it's double posted. Hopefully someone another than the triple headed Canadian troll will see this and be able tor respond before it's removed.
Cheers.
dreamingofelvis

Australia

#14573 Jun 25, 2014
Another post has just disappeared within minutes of it going up.
No Emily I wasn't on any hoax sites. I have been a long time fan of Elvis, and never posted here before because there was too much nastiness.
I thought that had died down, but unfortunately there seems to be some OLD remnants left. Hopefully they will be gone for good very soon.
Cheers, and thanks for being so nice to chat to.
dreamingofelvis

Australia

#14574 Jun 25, 2014
Sorry Emily, but this is a part of an Elvis forum on topix.
It's about the top 150 artists. And I came on to cheer for Elvis.
Others are supporting Michael, which is fine by me.
It's just we got waylaid because of the disappearing thread nonsense.
By the way, it may interest you to know I was once ten feet next to Michael for quite some time. I later saw him in concert.
Cheers
dreamingofelvis

Australia

#14575 Jun 25, 2014
Emily Barnton wrote:
dreamingofelvis, we could always speak outside of this forum. They can't get to us there. You do realise this is a Michael Jackson forum? I'm not against discussing Elvis Presley on here, but wouldn't you find more of interest on an Elvis forum? I did notice that you didn't answer some of my questions to you, in my #14569 post. Why didn't you?
I did answer twice Emily. It was on the next page then it disappeared. Sometimes it takes a while to show up on the front page. I got the title of this thread wrong. It's about the top 150 best selling artists in the world, but it is still part of an Elvis forum. Hope you see this.
dreamingofelvis

Australia

#14576 Jun 25, 2014
Emily, I would prefer to stay on here. Once the lunatic post destroyer gets the boot it should be fine. I'm actually beginning to think he has mental issues. However, now we have some info on who it might be we should be able to follow it up.
I hope I have answered all your questions.
dreamingofelvis

Australia

#14578 Jun 25, 2014
Emily Barnton wrote:
dreamingofelvis, your post #14571 wasn't there, at my end, when I sent my #14572 post. How can that be? That's why I said, why didn't you answer some of my questions? I see your response to some of my questions, now. This forum drives me mad. I will take a look at the Linda Hood Sigmon site, and revisit the FB page. Why are you so interested in the Jesse avenue if you believe Elvis to be dead? Are you just interested in a general way about Elvis?
Thanks Emily. Glad you've seen my answers. Though one post disappeared after a couple of minutes. So I hope I've answered all your questions. I look into those sites about Elvis/Jesse, because sometimes you can learn things about Elvis from other people who knew him when he was alive. That's all.
Cheers.
Stop the off topic

Marrickville, Australia

#14580 Jun 25, 2014
dreamingofelvis wrote:
By the way, it may interest you to know I was once ten feet next to Michael for quite some time. I later saw him in concert.
Cheers
Here's a hint, dear.

Keep posting irrelevant non-Elvis flame wars about grammar and all that rubbish you've been going on about, and they get taken down.

Post relevant ELVIS threads relating to the thread or forum, and they'll stay up.

It really IS that simple.

Topix automatically deletes any posts from the fake Observer Rules, who post under here with dozens of names, including Justin Harrison, Rock Dolls and dozens of others. ANY unregistered post from Australia (bar yours and my now-rare ones) are written by the same fool troll, real name Phillip Lean. I caught him out FIVE YEARS AGO as a troll. His maddening story about himself being Elvis' son is just troll nonsense. And you and Maria and Emily fell for it big time.

He uses my screen name of Observer Rules or King Elvis - both names I used here for years unregistered and registered before he came along with his personal vendetta against me, the one who caught him out late one night as the troll he is, on his very first attempt at trolling this once-fun forum.

Thanks to me, Topix placed an automatic ISP-based watch on this thread and form - anything and everything written by this Philip Lean troll gets removed automatically, no matter which names he uses - and I just sit back and laugh and laugh.

He gets angry if you ignore him, so just ignore the troll and get back to ACTUALLY POSTING ABOUT ELVIS AND HIS MUSIC.

And it's me - not anyone from Canada - who's had your posts against Dolbyscat taken down as well, just as I have had his taken down re Maurice. You didn't even notice, did you, that the remaining one post of Dolbsy's on that Tupelo thread was a second, third and fourth replacement by him each day. His non-Elvis stuff automatically goes as well.

Ah, but if it's about ELVIS and the MUSIC? It stays, so live it up, chillun'

POST ELVIS = your posts stay. Irrelevant rubbish = they go. And that includes any LHS stuff in this thread, Maria's "I met him in England" fairytale, and the guy called Elvis Jr (before your time here) who claimed to be Elvis' son. All GONE.

Post RELEVANT ELVIS-RELATED POSTS AND THEY STAY. The rest go.

Simple.

Ignore the idiot troll named Philip Lean, using my real screen names; you've all be taken for a ride by the biggest troll here. That's why so many Elvis fans here left the board.

Oh, then there's Little Monster, aka Maria, a silly little woman who believes she met Elvis in the 60s in London. That's right, LONDON. She is barking mad.

I will allow this post to stay up long enough for you to see it, then I'll have it taken down - just like I've asked Topix to remove all irelevent nonsense that has appeared these past few days.

Hope this clears up the matter for you.
dreamingofelvis

Australia

#14581 Jun 25, 2014
Emily Barnton wrote:
dreamingofelvis, I see your posts #14573/4/5/6 just now. I wish Topix would sort itself out. It causes a lot of confusion. Which concert was it? And where was the other "meeting"? Lucky you! Sorry for accusing you of not answering my questions, but I really couldn't see your posts, at the time. I CAN, now.
Hi Emily. It was in Adelaide, Australia in the 90's. And the meet and greet was with students from my school. It was really cool. He looked like a porcelain doll!
dreamingofelvis

Australia

#14582 Jun 25, 2014
Stop the off topic wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a hint, dear.
Keep posting irrelevant non-Elvis flame wars about grammar and all that rubbish you've been going on about, and they get taken down.
Post relevant ELVIS threads relating to the thread or forum, and they'll stay up.
It really IS that simple.
Topix automatically deletes any posts from the fake Observer Rules, who post under here with dozens of names, including Justin Harrison, Rock Dolls and dozens of others. ANY unregistered post from Australia (bar yours and my now-rare ones) are written by the same fool troll, real name Phillip Lean. I caught him out FIVE YEARS AGO as a troll. His maddening story about himself being Elvis' son is just troll nonsense. And you and Maria and Emily fell for it big time.
He uses my screen name of Observer Rules or King Elvis - both names I used here for years unregistered and registered before he came along with his personal vendetta against me, the one who caught him out late one night as the troll he is, on his very first attempt at trolling this once-fun forum.
Thanks to me, Topix placed an automatic ISP-based watch on this thread and form - anything and everything written by this Philip Lean troll gets removed automatically, no matter which names he uses - and I just sit back and laugh and laugh.
He gets angry if you ignore him, so just ignore the troll and get back to ACTUALLY POSTING ABOUT ELVIS AND HIS MUSIC.
And it's me - not anyone from Canada - who's had your posts against Dolbyscat taken down as well, just as I have had his taken down re Maurice. You didn't even notice, did you, that the remaining one post of Dolbsy's on that Tupelo thread was a second, third and fourth replacement by him each day. His non-Elvis stuff automatically goes as well.
Ah, but if it's about ELVIS and the MUSIC? It stays, so live it up, chillun'
POST ELVIS = your posts stay. Irrelevant rubbish = they go. And that includes any LHS stuff in this thread, Maria's "I met him in England" fairytale, and the guy called Elvis Jr (before your time here) who claimed to be Elvis' son. All GONE.
Post RELEVANT ELVIS-RELATED POSTS AND THEY STAY. The rest go.
Simple.
Ignore the idiot troll named Philip Lean, using my real screen names; you've all be taken for a ride by the biggest troll here. That's why so many Elvis fans here left the board.
Oh, then there's Little Monster, aka Maria, a silly little woman who believes she met Elvis in the 60s in London. That's right, LONDON. She is barking mad.
I will allow this post to stay up long enough for you to see it, then I'll have it taken down - just like I've asked Topix to remove all irelevent nonsense that has appeared these past few days.
Hope this clears up the matter for you.
So who are you dear?
By the way dear, it you'd read ANY of my posts you would see I was NOT involved in any of the discussions you have named, apart from discussing with Emily regards the critter who's been removing our posts. She and I have been having a very civil discussion about ELVIS and now Michael Jackson.
I also asked Observer how he came to believe Philip Lean was Elvis' son.
It seems the only one flaming here is you. Who are you discussing with relevance to these two artists?
So if you're not Observer who the heck are you and who is Observer?
On second thoughts don't bother explaining, because that would be off topic. LOL

Practice what you preach dear!
Just Saying

United States

#14584 Jun 25, 2014
This topix is supposed to be "150 Best Selling Artist In The World". Let's get back to that subject
dreamingofelvis

Australia

#14587 Jun 25, 2014
woops, there's only one Elton John though I did see him three times!
dreamingofelvis

Australia

#14588 Jun 25, 2014
dreamingofelvis wrote:
Cheers
Just Saying, did you read this far back? Or is it not o.k. to discuss having seen Michael Jackson in concert? Some clarification would be much appreciated.
By the way are you a moderator? If you are, I just hope you don't tar ALL posters with the same brush, as someone else appears to have done.
It's becoming a little confusing as to just who is who on this forum.
So far I believe Emily, Lee and Maurice are who they say they are. Apart from that I'm confused.
Cheers, and thanks if you can help sort this out for us.
Screen shot saved 5.03 a.m. AEST.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Jackson Chat Room! (Dec '12) Tue briana 65
One of MJ's "special friends" disclosed on MJ's... (Jul '13) Aug 7 Spotted Wee 126
News Paul McCartney fights to get back his songs Aug 5 sleepingboy 201
zionist jew conspiracy against MJ Aug 3 Spotted Wee 6
News Jackson's ex-doc details star's alleged attract... Jul 27 Jacko was a slime... 1
News Who's the King, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley,... (Dec '09) Jul 27 Chaimpie 7,216
Michael Jackson had semen stains from other mal... (Sep '12) Jul '16 Justice 1,877
More from around the web