150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12905 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Octopus

Albany, NY

#14042 Dec 20, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
Gotta be stepping out now Octo, I'll touch bases with you later my friend. Peace out.
Yeah, I have to be going for now also. But I'll check back later. It has been an interesting conversation today, Victor.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#14043 Dec 20, 2013
I like George Foreman as a boxer also. He had such a powerful punch that could knock any strong man down. For a brief time, George was still doing it as an old man. He wanted to fight Mike Tyson but because Tyson screwed up, that fight never happened. It would have been interesting to see Mike Tyson get hit by an old George Foreman...
Just Curious

United States

#14045 Dec 20, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
Just Curious: Two different sports.However, Ali was an incredible fighter. He fought a Martial arts expert and wrestler named "Antonio Inoki', and Inoki could not touch him. In fact, Ali's incredible jab bloodied Inoki's face to a pulp. Parker would have never been able to deal with Ali's incredible speed!! We are talking about the fleet footed,lightning fast punching Ali. No contest!! Ali wins on clear cut stoppage. Gotta go my friends. Peace out.
Interesting! With due respect, I have to disagree. Parker was also very fast and it's been said he was a really tough street fighter in Hawaii before he even learned martial arts. As far as Ali (who I really like and respect) vs Inoki, that was actually a very boring fight. If you read about it on wikipedia you will see the limits they put on Inoki as far as what he could do. Another site credits Ali with landing just one decent punch the entire 15 rounds. It was interesting to watch though. Another interesting fact that most people don't know is that the referee was Judo Gene Lebell aka "the toughest man alive"
Just Curious

United States

#14046 Dec 20, 2013
Also, I am indeed a very big Elvis fan. Hope all you guys have a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#14047 Dec 20, 2013
To Just curious: Happy Holidays to you to. I probably misunderstood you. You mean in a street fight? I thought you meant in the ring with gloves. I guess I would be hard pressed to against Parker in a street fight. Parker was a ferocious fighter. At the time, he was a Black Belt 10th "degree" Grand Master, specializing in the disciplines of Kenpo Karate. Yea, the Ali vs Inoki fight was in essence,a farce. However, I saw the fight via closed circuit, and I still play it once in a while on DVD. Moreover Ali was not the same fighter in 1976. He had slowed down considerably. He was tuning up for his rubber match with ken Norton whom he defeated at Yankee stadium in September of 1976. After his third fight with Frazier in Manila , Ali was never the same.He was relegated to cunningness and wits, and that is how he defeated the rest of his opponents in title fights. He was, however, still formidable. Check out Ali Vs Earnie Shavers on You Tube. Peace out!!
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#14049 Dec 20, 2013
To Octopus: George Foreman was perhaps, the hardest punching heavyweight in history. What he did to 'Smoking" Joe in Kingston Jamaica was mesmerizing. He literally picked Frazier up with his punches, knocking him down a total of 6 times. Also check out what Foreman did to Norton in Venezuela. He brutalized him in only two rounds. Foreman's weakness of course was his stamina, or rather his lack of it. That is why, Ali was able to take advantage of this one weakness, which was deficient in Foreman's boxing prowess and physical constitution. Moreover, Jimmy Young also exposed Foreman's late round plagued stamina, and was able to also defeat him in Puerto Rico. On a separate note, great to know that you are also a fight fan. I am an unofficial boxing historian. I had over hundreds and hundreds of boxing magazines from "Ring magazines" to ' Boxing Illustrated" 'World Boxing" "International Boxing" Etc..,
But guess, what my mom threw them out , she said they brought in the roaches. Lol.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#14050 Dec 20, 2013
To Octo: Yea you are right. Ben Becker trained the young Cassius Clay in the Olympic trials before going to Rome and winning the gold medal in 1960. furthermore the old George Foreman could pack a wallop in his punches. Check out what he did to Michael Moore in round ten. This fight incidentally, made Foreman the oldest fighter to win the Heavyweight title,besting the record held by Jersey Joe Walcott, who won the title at the age of 38 by defeating Ezzard Charles.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14055 Dec 21, 2013
I stand corrected,Victor,it was the Snake River canyon,not the Grand Canyon,but I definitely remember seeing it live or taped[probably the latter] on ABC'S WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS,I never forgot this memory because of the announcer's mentioning of Elvis being there to witness the jump,it was not on a motorcycle but in some kind of rocket,and the parachute came out too quick and he landed far short of where it was supposed to,but it was still fun to watch,my memory of this is somewhat fuzzy,it was almost 40 years ago,so if I have some of the facts wrong,I apologize,and merry Christmas to the great people on this site,Octo, Victor,Chris and the others as well,peace and happiness to all of you.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#14056 Dec 21, 2013
To Rick: Nothing to apologize for, my good friend. I also would like to wish you, and your family, a Merry Christmas and Wonderful New Year.
It has been a delight, to have met a gentleman such as yourself, in this Forum.

Very Truly Yours.,

Victor Manuel Abreu
Dennis Hauser

Peoria, IL

#14057 Dec 21, 2013
Victor Abreu Miami Beach wrote:
To Dolby: "Observer" ? Oh I get it, you think I'm posting someone else's identity, as in "Observer Rules". I am a very public figure my friend, who has nothing to hide. You can visit me in Facebook. My Facebook address is, Victor Abreu 3762 at Facebook. You will see me with my Mom, My Aunt and my Girlfriend. A little information about me ? so you would know who I am ? I graduated from St. Thomas School of Law, and I specialize in immigration law. I don't post any fictitious name or names, in this, or any other forum. I go by my real name Victor Manuel Abreu. As for wishing others, like yourself, seasons greetings, my wishes are sincere truthful and frank. That goes for you Mr. Dolbyscat, and everyone else. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
I believe I did find you on Facebook. Happy Holiday!!
Chris

Mount Morris, MI

#14060 Dec 21, 2013
RICK wrote:
I stand corrected,Victor,it was the Snake River canyon,not the Grand Canyon,but I definitely remember seeing it live or taped[probably the latter] on ABC'S WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS,I never forgot this memory because of the announcer's mentioning of Elvis being there to witness the jump,it was not on a motorcycle but in some kind of rocket,and the parachute came out too quick and he landed far short of where it was supposed to,but it was still fun to watch,my memory of this is somewhat fuzzy,it was almost 40 years ago,so if I have some of the facts wrong,I apologize,and merry Christmas to the great people on this site,Octo, Victor,Chris and the others as well,peace and happiness to all of you.
Happy holidays to you & your family Rick. In the coming year, please continue to share your knowledge of Elvis with us, it's always cool to learn something new about the King.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#14061 Dec 21, 2013
To Dennis Hauser: Yes, that's me Dennis.

Victor Abreu 3762 at Facebook. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
to you and your family!!

Very truly yours .,

Victor Manuel Abreu
DENNIS HAUSER

Peoria, IL

#14063 Dec 22, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
To Dennis Hauser: Yes, that's me Dennis.
Victor Abreu 3762 at Facebook. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
to you and your family!!
Very truly yours .,
Victor Manuel Abreu
Your family looks nice on facebook. Happy Holidays to you & your family!
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#14065 Dec 22, 2013
Hey Dennis: Just got in. I also went shopping and got some Elvis T-shirts for me and my girlfriend. Moreover, I purchased The Madison Square Garden Deluxe Boxset "Prince from Another Planet".
It looked great, and with the booklet inside, I just had to have it. Furthermore, your family looks great on Facebook as well. Could not help but notice, how cold it is up there. Anyway my friend, stay warm and Happy Holidays to you, and your loved ones.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#14071 Dec 23, 2013
To Octo: Yea you are right. Ben Becker trained the young Cassius Clay in the Olympic trials before going to Rome and winning the gold medal in 1960. furthermore the old George Foreman could pack a wallop in his punches. Check out what he did to Michael Moore in round ten. This fight incidentally, made Foreman the oldest fighter to win the Heavyweight title,besting the record held by Jersey Joe Walcott, who won the title at the age of 38 by defeating Ezzard Charles.
I've been checking out some classic heavyweight fights on You Tube. Every boxer has his own style. I watched the awesome match against Muhammad Ali vs George Foreman in Africa in 1974. Ali could move and did not seem to be affected by George's powerful punches. He knocked Foreman out with a side punch to the head and George did not know what had hit him. I saw the fight Ali had with Ken Norton, which took place in March, 1974 where Ali wore "The People's Choice" robe that Elvis had given him. Cool stuff.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#14076 Dec 24, 2013
To Octo: Check out the fight Ali vs. Norton II . After the first fight in March of 1973, in San Diego, when Norton upset Ali, breaking his jaw in the process, they fought again in September of 1973, at Anaheim
California. It was an incomparable Ali, fighting for his boxing career. Everyone thought that he was finished, and that he would never win the title again. Needless to say, he later defeated Frazier in January of 1974. These two fights prepared him for the "Rumble in the Jungle" and got him in fighting shape in order to defeat "Big George". These fights were a testament to Ali's greatness. Awesome huh?
Octopus

Albany, NY

#14080 Dec 25, 2013
To Octo: Check out the fight Ali vs. Norton II . After the first fight in March of 1973, in San Diego, when Norton upset Ali, breaking his jaw in the process, they fought again in September of 1973, at Anaheim
California. It was an incomparable Ali, fighting for his boxing career. Everyone thought that he was finished, and that he would never win the title again. Needless to say, he later defeated Frazier in January of 1974. These two fights prepared him for the "Rumble in the Jungle" and got him in fighting shape in order to defeat "Big George". These fights were a testament to Ali's greatness. Awesome huh?
I know this is off topic but back to Elvis.....three people in my family told me to check out this sixteen year old kid that was just on Ellen's show singing and playing guitar doing the song, "Blue Christmas" and he sounded very close to Elvis. In reality, the kid almost looks like a young George Harrison. From what I understand, his You Tube video has gotten eight million views since it was posted a month ago. I must say that I did not expect much but it is actually pretty good. Just a kid from Canada with a guitar and he is not trying to be an impersonator. I found it quite entertaining. Merry Christmas to everyone.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#14081 Dec 25, 2013
Yea Octo!! David Thibault, I think that's his name. Pretty impressive Huh? Check him out doing "Blue Suede Shoes" and "Blue Hawaii" on you tube. Shades of the second coming? I don't know. To reiterate, pretty impressive. Merry Christmas to you as well ,my friend.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#14082 Dec 25, 2013
Yea Octo!! David Thibault, I think that's his name. Pretty impressive Huh? Check him out doing "Blue Suede Shoes" and "Blue Hawaii" on you tube. Shades of the second coming? I don't know. To reiterate, pretty impressive. Merry Christmas to you as well ,my friend.
Yeah, and he is just a kid. He certainly knows Elvis. I wouldn't go as far as saying that he is the second coming or anything but he does have the vocals down pat. Pretty impressive since a lot of people claim that young kids are not into Elvis. In my experience of meeting people, I do not think that is true. Elvis is still a happening. He can appeal to every age group and from different generations it seems. It is not the Heavy Metal eighties anymore. I knew Elvis was never ever going to die. He is just too cool and his music is timeless. It is great seeing Elvis having such mass popularity within world culture today. A lesser artist would have never been able to pull that off. The music still touches people's inner soul. Elvis was brilliant because of the emotional feeling Elvis put into his craft never goes out of style.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#14084 Dec 26, 2013
To Octo; Yea, you're right!! Remember Disco? and how Elvis would be forgotten after his death? How about Heavy metal? How about all other types of musical genres? Elvis has outlived them all. Hasn't he? This is why Elvis is a phenomenon whose popularity will never be surpassed or equaled by any other act. Long live the King.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paris Jackson cuts touches down in London follo... 21 hr Jake 2
News Paris Jackson Posts Rare Home Video From Childh... 23 hr Jake 24
News Michael Jackson's secret sister was 'rejected b... Fri Just Me 1
News Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael Jackson fit? (Dec '08) Feb 15 Philip 64,803
MJloser4life still repeating lies & hate Feb 15 Roger Williams Ra... 11
The Crickets Chirp On The Dead Michael Jackson ... (Jun '15) Feb 14 Jake 109
News Quincy Jones Wasn't Lying About Michael Jackson... Feb 14 Agent Mildew 15
More from around the web