150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12905 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

l want you back Michael

Croydon, UK

#13741 Dec 6, 2013
Michael Jackson the top selling artist of all time
The song writing genius
The king of the dance floor
The producer the film maker actor
And no other artist will ever take his place
Chris

United States

#13742 Dec 6, 2013
l want you back Michael wrote:
The song writing genius
Yes Michael Jackson was very talented, but he is not the top selling artist of all time. That would be Mr Elvis Presley for solo artists & the Beatles for groups. Each one has over a billion in sales, & they are the only ones to have reached that plateau.
DENNIS HAUSER

Peoria, IL

#13744 Dec 6, 2013
Chris wrote:
Octo I wanted to tell you that you're not alone in your thinking. There's nothing wrong with liking an artist above all others. Some might call it an obsession, I call it being a true fan. Octo, I listen to the Beatles every day. I have everything they have released commercially on CD, & now I collect vinyl & bootlegs. I collect magazine's, books & other memorabilia, but for me it's all about the music. My wife asks me why I don't get tired of their music or listen to more different artists, I tell her that I've already found the best band ever, their is no need to keep looking. If someone wants to say I'm obsessive, then so be it, I don't care because my obsession makes me happy, & that's all that matters. Obviously Elvis' s music makes you happy, & that's all that matters.
This is so true. Octo,Chris,Vic,Rick. Elvis is still my favorite artist,(for the past 50 some years) and that is what I enjoy and/or relate to. I still enjoy Roy Orbison,The Killer,Cash,Perkins,Ricky, Fats, Buddy,The Who to Segar & Bad Co. But I still enjoy Elvis the most and anything related to him.
It's like the difference between a Jesus freak and a simple church goer.
Therefore, I tell people I'm not the guy that goes home,lights candles around the ELVIS tapestry and worship him. I might own the tapestry, but that's it!
Dibblysdog

Chilliwack, Canada

#13745 Dec 6, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>I want you to know that I'm the sanist person you could ever meet. My obsession doesn't make me crazy. I don't hear voices in my head. I don't worship the Beatles, I simply say that they were 4 human beings, who had a special gift, that they developed & shared with the world. I don't want to stalk or kill any of them either. Besides, if my obsession makes me crazy, then are a lot of insane people in this world. Is my obsession any different than some people's obsession with their favorite athlete or sports team. What about people who have a favorite actor or actress. What about the people who really liked the Harry Potter or Twilight series. Would you call them crazy? My point is everyone has their favorites, but it doesn't make them crazy. You probably have your favorites too, you're just not admitting to them. At the end of the day, you have to do what makes you happy, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. If you live your life trying to please everyone else, then that is what will make you go crazy.
Denial, denial, denial..Chris I can only help you if you are ready to help yourself, don't compare yourself to people who simply have favorite artist's, yes of course we do. It is a matter of degrees, your mental state at this moment can't see it, but you and Octopussy are in severe mental disorder. Trust me on this....
Chris

United States

#13747 Dec 6, 2013
Dibblysdog wrote:
<quoted text>Denial, denial, denial..Chris I can only help you if you are ready to help yourself, don't compare yourself to people who simply have favorite artist's, yes of course we do. It is a matter of degrees, your mental state at this moment can't see it, but you and Octopussy are in severe mental disorder. Trust me on this....
I'm not in denial. I see nothing wrong with being passionate about something. I said I listened to the Beatles everyday, I listen to others as well, just not as much as the Beatles. I have listened to hundreds of artists over my lifetime. I have a fairly vast knowledge base when it comes to musical knowledge. I know all the words to hundreds of songs. So trust me when I tellyou that I'm a fan of many artists. It's just that the Beatles have always been my alltime favorite. Their is nothing wrong with me. In fact their are probably bigger Beatles fans than myself. Why do you think Elvis & the Beatles are still extremely popular? It's not because people are crazy to like them so much. It's because their music is timeless & because every new generation rediscovers them all over again. I mean if someone likes classical music, but they listen to Bach more than the others, does that mean they're crazy? No, it means they found a connection with the music. Life is all about finding connections with people, places, things & the world around us. I found my connection & so did Octo & the others on this thread. Call it crazy if you want, but we're happy with our choices.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13749 Dec 7, 2013
Chris wrote:
Octo I wanted to tell you that you're not alone in your thinking. There's nothing wrong with liking an artist above all others. Some might call it an obsession, I call it being a true fan. Octo, I listen to the Beatles every day. I have everything they have released commercially on CD, & now I collect vinyl & bootlegs. I collect magazine's, books & other memorabilia, but for me it's all about the music. My wife asks me why I don't get tired of their music or listen to more different artists, I tell her that I've already found the best band ever, their is no need to keep looking. If someone wants to say I'm obsessive, then so be it, I don't care because my obsession makes me happy, & that's all that matters. Obviously Elvis' s music makes you happy, & that's all that matters.
My wife accepts me for who I am and has no problem with me being an Elvis fan. Since I have a lot of different artists in my cd library, we can listen to anything. Her own cd's aren't anything I'd like except for maybe her Journey collection. Our dog, Pepper even likes and dislikes certain music. He seems to like to dance. I can tell because his tail wags when she plays it for him. I wouldn't worry too much about what others think. I know of a few guys from High school that are still stuck in the eighties with long dried out hair still listening to Rush, Slayer, Metallica, Guns N Roses and they look pretty foolish. I am not like that. I do not live in the past. I tend to go for the classic rock stuff, blues, rock n roll. Elvis may be my favorite artist but it is because he still holds up. It sounds great as well as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix and others. I do not limit myself to just one style or artist. I think that is pretty healthy. If someone has a problem with it, that is just too bad.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13750 Dec 7, 2013
DENNIS HAUSER wrote:
<quoted text>
This is so true. Octo,Chris,Vic,Rick. Elvis is still my favorite artist,(for the past 50 some years) and that is what I enjoy and/or relate to. I still enjoy Roy Orbison,The Killer,Cash,Perkins,Ricky, Fats, Buddy,The Who to Segar & Bad Co. But I still enjoy Elvis the most and anything related to him.
It's like the difference between a Jesus freak and a simple church goer.
Therefore, I tell people I'm not the guy that goes home,lights candles around the ELVIS tapestry and worship him. I might own the tapestry, but that's it!
I definitely do not light candles or do I treat Elvis as if he were a God. Hell no. It is strictly musical enjoyment from a historical perspective.
maria

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#13751 Dec 7, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
I've met other Elvis fans that are into Elvis bootlegs and have connections to people who sell them. The bootleggers probably sell them to select members of Elvis fan clubs or to collectors that they have done business with before.
I've had a harder time finding Beatle imports because most of the independent record stores have closed. It is not like it used to be. The record fair is something that I look forward to. If I see a great newer Elvis or Beatles release that I currently do not own, I'll buy them. It all depends on what is out there.
Oct are you talking about Beatles CD or records, in Manchester where I live there are loads of old record shops that sell Elvis records and old mag's still in good condition I even know a person that has the best ones at the back of his shop, he even has the Beatles old records in good condition, it would be worth getting on the UK E Bay and buy from the old record section.
You wish

Avon, CT

#13753 Dec 7, 2013
The song writing genius
2013 gwr " Elvis is the highest selling solo artist in hx "
" number one artist on billboard " Joel whitburn ( official billboard expert )
2012 chart company " Elvis is the highest selling single artist in hx "
l want you back Michael

UK

#13756 Dec 7, 2013
You wish wrote:
<quoted text>
2013 gwr " Elvis is the highest selling solo artist in hx "
" number one artist on billboard " Joel whitburn ( official billboard expert )
2012 chart company " Elvis is the highest selling single artist in hx "
So Elvis is the highest selling solo artist.remind me what he did.he sang other peoples songs he couldnt write his own music.he couldnt dance hes film were bad so what did he do to call him the king.Michael can sing and dance at the same time.he is a song writing genius.he is a master at his short films.he can produce.Michael is a super talented genius.who truly is the king.
Chris

United States

#13757 Dec 7, 2013
RICK wrote:
Hey,I got a riddle that will please you;what do P aul Mccartney and a lesbian have in common,ANSWER,neither like to eat meat,but John Lennon was a big fan of sausage`a la Epstein,spanish style,how's that Dolbyscat,now go play with your easy bake oven and Barbie dolls,see `ya.
Rick as you know I'm a Beatles fan. I want you to stop taking shit about them. Have you seen me talking trash about Elvis? No, because I have respect for him & his fans. I expect the same respect in return.
Chris

United States

#13758 Dec 7, 2013
<quoted text>
So Elvis is the highest selling solo artist.remind me what he did.he sang other peoples songs he couldnt write his own music.he couldnt dance hes film were bad so what did he do to call him the king.Michael can sing and dance at the same time.he is a song writing genius.he is a master at his short films.he can produce.Michael is a super talented genius.who truly is the king.
What he did was please his fans. He did not call himself the king, his fans gave him that title. He was a great singer & performer, & his music touched on many different genres, from rock to country & from R&B to gospel, as well as many others. Very few artists are able to that, & do it successfuly.
Chris

United States

#13759 Dec 7, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife accepts me for who I am and has no problem with me being an Elvis fan. Since I have a lot of different artists in my cd library, we can listen to anything. Her own cd's aren't anything I'd like except for maybe her Journey collection. Our dog, Pepper even likes and dislikes certain music. He seems to like to dance. I can tell because his tail wags when she plays it for him. I wouldn't worry too much about what others think. I know of a few guys from High school that are still stuck in the eighties with long dried out hair still listening to Rush, Slayer, Metallica, Guns N Roses and they look pretty foolish. I am not like that. I do not live in the past. I tend to go for the classic rock stuff, blues, rock n roll. Elvis may be my favorite artist but it is because he still holds up. It sounds great as well as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix and others. I do not limit myself to just one style or artist. I think that is pretty healthy. If someone has a problem with it, that is just too bad.
I like lots of different music too. You & I have had many conversations about the different music we like. We just happen to have a our favorites. My wife doesn't mind me being a Beatlemaniac, she likes quite a few of their songs because of me. I am who I am, & my wife accepts me this way. She has her obsessions too, when Twilight was popular, she couldn't get enough of it. It is probably her favorite movie/book franchise. She has seen each movie & read each book dozens of times.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13760 Dec 7, 2013
The song writing genius
Elvis is the top selling artist of all time.

Michael Jackson could barely write his name much less write songs. Basically, what he did was buy songs from other artists, beatbox with his clown mouth and then gave himself songwriting credit. Some of the songs are on you tube by the original artists.

There is no such thing as "king of the dance floor" unless you are going back to the disco era with John Travolta in "Saturday Night Fever"

Wacko appeared in "The Wiz" and "Men In Black 2" He did not even get top billing in those turkeys. Diana Ross was the star of "The Wiz" and Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones were the stars of "Men In Black 2" The clown couldn't even get a starring role in a grade b movie. He made pop videos starting with "Bille Jean" in the MTV era. Many artists make them. The clown was not a film maker unless you call the naked boy ones he probably whacked off to behind the gates of Neverland.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#13761 Dec 7, 2013
I like discovering different versions of Elvis songs that I think are better than master take !
http://youtu.be/dXv22sRx2Xw
I've Lost You (take 6) Elvis
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13762 Dec 7, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>I like lots of different music too. You & I have had many conversations about the different music we like. We just happen to have a our favorites. My wife doesn't mind me being a Beatlemaniac, she likes quite a few of their songs because of me. I am who I am, & my wife accepts me this way. She has her obsessions too, when Twilight was popular, she couldn't get enough of it. It is probably her favorite movie/book franchise. She has seen each movie & read each book dozens of times.
My wife likes Stephen King for example and reads all his books. Nobody calls her love for Stephen King, a crazy obsession.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13763 Dec 7, 2013
maria wrote:
<quoted text>
Oct are you talking about Beatles CD or records, in Manchester where I live there are loads of old record shops that sell Elvis records and old mag's still in good condition I even know a person that has the best ones at the back of his shop, he even has the Beatles old records in good condition, it would be worth getting on the UK E Bay and buy from the old record section.
I am talking about mostly CD's but there is a little shop near me that sells used vinyl records. Unfortunately, most of them are just standard label releases that are not in very good condition. The "record fair" is different. It is only held once a year and sometimes you'll find an old vinyl bootleg from either Elvis or The Beatles.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#13764 Dec 7, 2013
I think Change of Habit needs to be remixed and reastered. I like that song but it could be so much better.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13765 Dec 7, 2013
jim - wrote:
I think Change of Habit needs to be remixed and reastered. I like that song but it could be so much better.
I always thought "Change Of Habit" was an under rated track like "Edge Of Reality" "All I Needed Was The Rain" "Stay Away" or "Let Yourself Go" They would all make great remixes. I do have an extended version of "Change Of Habit" on an import CD called, "I'll Be There"
l want you back Michael

UK

#13766 Dec 7, 2013
Michael is the greatest entertainer and showman of all time.the biggest selling artist in the world
What a genius.what an Incredible man.and an Incredible dancer and what a powerful voice.Michael Just sings like an angel.Michael changed the face of music.and made the world listen.Michael brought people together.andwhat
A truly wonderful man he was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paris Jackson cuts touches down in London follo... 6 hr Jake 4
News Paris Jackson Posts Rare Home Video From Childh... Sun Just Me 25
News Quincy Jones Wasn't Lying About Michael Jackson... Sun Just Me 16
News Rabbi Shmuley Boteach (Aug '10) Sun zionist media cabal 13
MJ haters slander and illegal activity against ... (Aug '13) Sun Just Me 49
News Michael Jackson's secret sister was 'rejected b... Fri Just Me 1
News Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael Jackson fit? (Dec '08) Feb 15 Philip 64,803
More from around the web