150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12911 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

RICK

Midlothian, IL

#13547 Nov 20, 2013
Hey,Dolbyscat,you have your bra on too tight,you made a mistake,be a sweet little girlie and just admit it,ok,and vinyl records were very fun to buy,but stereo systems and phonographs rarely played the music in the key in which it was recorded,EVEN RADIO STATIONS HAD THE SAME PROBLEM,I was around in the 70's so I oughta know,dearie,see `ya.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13548 Nov 20, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
It was either listen to your doctors or the guitarist. Steve Perry took his time because it was his health. The band did not want to wait for him so they went on the road with new lead singers. Of course, the current clone sings his music. Obviously, there was bad blood within the band where Steve was given orders. Had the band waited, they would've still had Steve Perry. It is definitely an insult to Steve to see his songs being cheapened by an inferior singer. Journey has become a tribute band. But whatever...
You right, your always right, end of discussion. Peace out.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13549 Nov 20, 2013
I noticed a number of posts have now been deleted, someone is either covering their tracks, or can't stand criticism.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13550 Nov 20, 2013
RICK wrote:
Hey,Dolbyscat,you have your bra on too tight,you made a mistake,be a sweet little girlie and just admit it,ok,and vinyl records were very fun to buy,but stereo systems and phonographs rarely played the music in the key in which it was recorded,EVEN RADIO STATIONS HAD THE SAME PROBLEM,I was around in the 70's so I oughta know,dearie,see `ya.
You are talking about something that you by your own statements know nothing about. Radio station Turntables would have been state of the art, with variable pitch controls, many of these said tables are highly prized by collectors and audiophiles. Nothing difficult about producing a turntable with a constant speed, they even managed it with wind-up phonograms. You are simply being argumentative and showing your own ignorance all at once. I see you still haven't found the space bar on your keyboard...Doofus.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13551 Nov 20, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>You right, your always right, end of discussion. Peace out.
Since my wife loves old Journey and Steve Perry's solo work, she sees it from Steve's point of view. We've both grew up in that era and Journey was a big part of our youth. It is just our opinion. We do not care what the band does now because it is not the same. You are the one that implied a racial angle, which certainly is not the case with us. You are quite ridiculous with the lame insults and name calling. Their new albums are not something we are interested in. That is just the way it is. It is not about who is right or wrong. You seem to want to argue and that is not what I am doing...
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#13552 Nov 20, 2013
My,my,my,dearie,seems that everything I say touches a nerve with you,I WAS AROUND IN THE 1970'S,dearie,I was a teenager and I bought a LOT of vinyl singles and albums,and even radio stations,I'm not saying all of them,but certainly the ones here in Chicago at times played the music too fast or too slow,and that had nothing to do with the equipment,but how that dwelling was hooked up electrically,educating little Dolbyscat,yet again,oh well,see`ya.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13553 Nov 20, 2013
Hey RICK you willing answer a question for me?? Well I'll try anyway...Just how did you come to determine that a record was being played at the wrong pitch? What did you use to measure it by? I have a pretty good ear, and I am a musician but I'm not sure I could detect. Thanks in advance.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13554 Nov 20, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that implied a racial angle, which certainly is not the case with us. You seem to want to argue and that is not what I am doing...
I didn't "imply" a racial angle I stated it outright, I quoted it straight from the source. You can disagree if you like (and you will) but don't blame me for only stating the facts. So you don't want to argue?? Take a look back, you're doing pretty well.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13555 Nov 20, 2013
RICK wrote:
educating little Dolbyscat,yet again,oh well,see`ya.
The boy who has problems putting together a sentence is "educating" me...ROTFLMAO.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13559 Nov 20, 2013
Ha Ha!! now rather than answer the question they resort to the "judge" button.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13560 Nov 20, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't "imply" a racial angle I stated it outright, I quoted it straight from the source. You can disagree if you like (and you will) but don't blame me for only stating the facts. So you don't want to argue?? Take a look back, you're doing pretty well.
And I told you that I did not see the DVD, "Don't Stop Believin'" and will probably never see it. Steve Perry is not the lead singer. You are the one that mentioned a racial bias against their new singer by some Journey fans. Then you hammer it home that you believe the racism still exists in America but you neglect to talk about Canada. I am sure there are racists where you live too, bud. But that doesn't matter because it is a dead issue. What facts are you stating? What was claimed in the new documentary? Any film maker can have an angle, which to me...does not belong on a rock DVD. Obviously, they wanted to touch that subject. You said it, not me.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13561 Nov 20, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
And I told you that I did not see the DVD, "Don't Stop Believin'" and will probably never see it. Steve Perry is not the lead singer. You are the one that mentioned a racial bias against their new singer by some Journey fans. Then you hammer it home that you believe the racism still exists in America but you neglect to talk about Canada. I am sure there are racists where you live too, bud. But that doesn't matter because it is a dead issue. What facts are you stating? What was claimed in the new documentary? Any film maker can have an angle, which to me...does not belong on a rock DVD. Obviously, they wanted to touch that subject. You said it, not me.
Well as you haven't seen the documentary you really are unable to have a valid opinion...true? I don't believe America has a racial problem....I damn well know it, I more spent half my life living in the south. I live in Canada at the moment because circumstances dictate it. Now just to correct you, I did not say anything you are taking issue with came from that documentary, that was an assumption on your part.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13562 Nov 20, 2013
Oh yeah....don't forget to "judge" my post...will you....lol
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13563 Nov 20, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>Well as you haven't seen the documentary you really are unable to have a valid opinion...true? I don't believe America has a racial problem....I damn well know it, I more spent half my life living in the south. I live in Canada at the moment because circumstances dictate it. Now just to correct you, I did not say anything you are taking issue with came from that documentary, that was an assumption on your part.
But I'm not giving an opinion on the film. I do not have to because I've already checked out the new Journey on You Tube and did not like it. So why would I waste money buying a DVD of something I know I'll never appreciate anyway? If racism happened because of some dumbass Journey fans and it was featured in the documentary, what does that have to do with my wife and I? The Journey we have on CD, DVD and bootleg all contain Steve Perry. I've never lived down south but I've been to Memphis many times and never saw any kind of outright racism there by anyone.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13564 Nov 20, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
If racism happened because of some dumbass Journey fans and it was featured in the documentary, what does that have to do with my wife and I? I've never lived down south but I've been to Memphis many times and never saw any kind of outright racism there by anyone.
Do you have a problem with reading Octopussy, or just a problem with comprehending what is said?? Sorry I mentioned racism in America, it is quite obviously a sore point for you. I'll tell you what tho, if you didn't see racism in Memphis it was either because you crossed the road as soon as you saw a black man, or you forgot to take your blinkers off. My wifes family were all from the Memphis area and let me tell you that place is as racist as it gets, a close second to Mississippi.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13565 Nov 20, 2013
Just did a quick bit of research, seems your "little town" has it's own share of racism within it's borders Octy, check out your own press.

Denial is not a river in Egypt..
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13566 Nov 20, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a problem with reading Octopussy, or just a problem with comprehending what is said?? Sorry I mentioned racism in America, it is quite obviously a sore point for you. I'll tell you what tho, if you didn't see racism in Memphis it was either because you crossed the road as soon as you saw a black man, or you forgot to take your blinkers off. My wifes family were all from the Memphis area and let me tell you that place is as racist as it gets, a close second to Mississippi.
My wife and I walked up and down Elvis Presley Blvd and talked to black people the whole time we were there. They were friendly, we were friendly. In fact, my wife was pleasantly surprised. We did not experience any hostile behavior. Not even once. It is a little different in upstate NY but I still seem to get along with everyone.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13567 Nov 20, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
Just did a quick bit of research, seems your "little town" has it's own share of racism within it's borders Octy, check out your own press.
Denial is not a river in Egypt..
From where I am, I can assure you that not much happens around here because it is a country setting in a wooded area of fairly nice homes. Even so, from any direction we go... I've never had a problem even if I happen to visit the city. My wife's sister lives in such a neighborhood. But whatever. You are trying to make something out a mole hill. I've been friendly to just about everyone and have never experienced any real hatred. Of course, a friend of mine who happens to be black, complains that he is a victim of white banks because he neglects to pay his bills and they took his money but that is another story. I've gotten along with everybody I've met and see no direct racism by anyone. Had I've ever met such a person, I'd certainly avoid that kind of negative behavior. Who would want to be around someone like that?

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13568 Nov 20, 2013
So forive me if I am wrong, but it seems like you are saying that if YOU don't see it then it doesn't exist. Now don't go off the deep-end at me, understand my comment from where I am sitting. You say that I am making a mountain out of a mole hill, what if I were to say that you are trivializing it. Is my opinion not just as valid? I google your hometown on the subject and what is the first thing I get "Racial Violence and Denial in Schenectady"...Just as an example. Hey it comes from one of your own newspapers. I could have spent a lot longer reading more. I'm not accusing you of racism...I don't know you.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#13570 Nov 21, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>And just who is "everyone"....errr let me count...Oh yeah!! You, me, Chris, Victor....did I miss anyone? Oh don't let's forget that other dim-wit RICK. Everyone....lol. Shall I leave so you'll have to talk to yourself you idiot.
Are you here to discuss music or to just antagonize people? Let's hear your explanation. Insulting people in your posts takes away from what have been pleasant discussions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Crickets Chirp On The Dead Michael Jackson ... (Jun '15) 12 hr Space ace 117
MJ tried to stop 9/11 12 hr Space ace 1
News Elvis Presley Eclipses Michael Jackson (Jul '09) Apr 19 Manny T 53,068
Did Michael Jackson have AIDS? (Jul '09) Apr 10 desha 55
Jackson family ‘hires detectives to find MJ’s s... (Nov '09) Mar '18 Jake 57
News Rabbi Shmuley Boteach (Aug '10) Mar '18 AIPACgate 14
Super F'loon Deborah Ffrench (Feb '10) Mar '18 Spotted Wee 134