150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12898 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13368 Nov 16, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know who Philip Lean is & I don't care.
I don't think anybody knows who he is....Except "King Elvis" or "Observer Rules".
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13369 Nov 16, 2013
To Chris and Dolby !! I agree, this guy is a degrading troll !! I have communicated with the real King Elvis/ Observer Rules who is a kind and considerate gentleman and not the phony who stole his identity. He has done everything to stop this very repugnant troll,to no avail, nor success. That's one of the reasons that the Real King/Observer Rules has stopped participating on this forum. It's a shame cause I think he brings a lot of valuable insight to this forum. Lastly, I just purchased the Beatles newest BBC release volume II. I only have superlatives to describe the album. It is fantastic. Definitely one for the ages!! An incredible album from an incomparable band.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13370 Nov 16, 2013
Listening to this release, I come to the conclusion that what makes the Beatles such an incomparable band is the chemistry and near perfect symmetry that they shared in their combined artistry as a group. Case in Point: Maybe Ringo wasn't as good as John Bonhan on drums or Harrison as great as Clapton, Beck, or Page on guitar. But Starr and Harrison, sure were compatible with Lennon and McCartney in their artistic endeavors and collaborations as a part of this group. To reiterate, just an incredible album, that leaves the listener mesmerize.

KELOWNA

#13371 Nov 16, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
To Chris and Dolby !! I agree, this guy is a degrading troll !! I have communicated with the real King Elvis/ Observer Rules who is a kind and considerate gentleman and not the phony who stole his identity.
Victor, I have no beef with your friend the "real" King Elvis", and have enjoyed his commentary over the years...but...your description of him is laughable. King Elvis,(the real one) has been at the centre of some contentious posts and he is not past using some quite strong language, quite often without provocation. Victor, maybe as a relative new-comer you missed a lot of this, tho' I do know that even up until recently he was posting in the same fashion, and you could not have failed to see it. Save your sympathy for a better cause, KE/OR is a grown man, who should be able to take what he gives...But no, he hides away, and has you here as his mouth-piece...That my friend is pretty sad.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13372 Nov 16, 2013
To Dolby: My beef is with the troll who stole his identity, and uses defamatory and offensive language. I cannot in good conscious advocate vulgarity and slander from no one,my friend. And lest not forget to be kind and courteous with one another. Moreover you happened to be a fine decent human being who participates in an exemplary manner on this forum. Why not forgive past transgressions from said individual? Oh well, I guess is none of my business what goes on between you gentlemen. I happened to live by the Lincoln doctrine "with malice toward none with charity for all". Peace out my friend
Chris

United States

#13373 Nov 16, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
To Chris and Dolby !! I agree, this guy is a degrading troll !! I have communicated with the real King Elvis/ Observer Rules who is a kind and considerate gentleman and not the phony who stole his identity. He has done everything to stop this very repugnant troll,to no avail, nor success. That's one of the reasons that the Real King/Observer Rules has stopped participating on this forum. It's a shame cause I think he brings a lot of valuable insight to this forum. Lastly, I just purchased the Beatles newest BBC release volume II. I only have superlatives to describe the album. It is fantastic. Definitely one for the ages!! An incredible album from an incomparable band.
Hey Victor, I didn't know their was an imposter King Elvis who chased the real one away. I was wondering why a guy who used to give us so much insight about music, was now extremely hostile. That's cool that you got the new BBC album. I will be getting a copy for myself in a couple days. It is pretty amazing, that those 4 lads from Liverpool, went on to become the biggest rock band, the world has ever seen.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13374 Nov 16, 2013
To Chris: I bought the box set which contains volumes I & II. Once you get your copy, you will see how great it really is. The sound and content of the material is unequal. It brings back memories of 1994's "Anthology" series. They also dwell on some Presley songs, most notably Harrison's version of "I Forgot to Remember to Forget Her". Furthermore, I Could not agree with you more, The Beatles are the greatest band in the history of Popular Music. Peace out my friend!!

KELOWNA

#13375 Nov 17, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
To Dolby: Why not forgive past transgressions from said individual?
Victor, I don't think KE/OR neither requires or needs my forgiveness, like I said I have no problem with him and in fact miss his input here. That being said it was your description of him that I found to be a little off, forgiving someone does not mean you have to ignore the facts...peace to you.
Chris

United States

#13376 Nov 17, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
To Chris: I bought the box set which contains volumes I & II. Once you get your copy, you will see how great it really is. The sound and content of the material is unequal. It brings back memories of 1994's "Anthology" series. They also dwell on some Presley songs, most notably Harrison's version of "I Forgot to Remember to Forget Her". Furthermore, I Could not agree with you more, The Beatles are the greatest band in the history of Popular Music. Peace out my friend!!
I already have the original version 1, but I also plan on getting the remastered version of that one as well. I like their Elvis covers as well. My favorite one is That's Alright Mama, I think Paul did a pretty good job on that one. I don't know why some people feel like if they like Elvis, they have to hate the Beatles, or vice-versa. Their no reason why we can't appreciate both. Peace out buddy.
Chris

United States

#13377 Nov 17, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to go to the record and CD fair every year because it is a lot of fun. They sell imports and bootlegs but they also sell rare records. The dealers sometimes have very expensive items that have never been opened and are still in their original plastic seal. I've found some Elvis EP's that are in mint condition. Of course, my main focus is to find alternate studio CD's and live stuff that I can actually listen to but I've found some great rare memorabilia on Elvis. I've seen some rare Beatles albums as well but Elvis comes first. I have to stay on budget though. I would love to get more but it is just a matter of choosing what a couple that I might desire more. Sometimes the dealer is willing to dicker or throw in an extra item. You never know.
I wish I had a music fair around where I live, but I've never heard of one. I was wondering Octo, where do you get your Elvis & Beatles boots when their isn't a fair to go to.

ononothimagin

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#13378 Nov 17, 2013
Anyone that’s fed up with cyber-trolls like Jina Wild and NFL Fan stomping on your feelings, I encourage you to join the rest of us that have taken a stand against these bullies.

Yes... Jina’s Hyenas are bound to attack you for doing it but even though it feels like they’re a mighty force, there are less than 5 of them.

There is strength in numbers. You won’t face them alone.

An NFL Fan

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#13379 Nov 17, 2013
ononothimagin wrote:
Anyone that’s fed up with cyber-trolls
There is strength in numbers. You won’t face them alone.
Translation:

'Nobody likes me and I'm in desperate need of friends!'
Chris

United States

#13380 Nov 17, 2013
DOLBYSCAT I wanted to get your opinion on something. You mentioned previously that you buy & sell vinyl. As you know I collect vinyl. I wanted to ask you if the MFSL releases sound the best. I have read some blogs where they say some other pressings sound better, like Japanese pressings for example. I would like to get your insight on this. Thanks in advance.

KELOWNA

#13381 Nov 17, 2013
Chris wrote:
DOLBYSCAT I wanted to get your opinion on something. You mentioned previously that you buy & sell vinyl. As you know I collect vinyl. I wanted to ask you if the MFSL releases sound the best. I have read some blogs where they say some other pressings sound better, like Japanese pressings for example. I would like to get your insight on this. Thanks in advance.
My personal opinion is that the UK mono releases are the ones to buy, if you can find them in excellent condition. The Japanese "red vinyl" or the MFSL half speed masters also pressed in Japan are nothing but excellent. Having said that and not wishing to come across as an "audiophile" snob, you will only get the best from these by using correspondingly revealing systems. I tried to start a discussion here once on the subject of Hi-Fi, and the response was less than encouraging, Octopus being one who was less than impressed with the idea of "good" systems. If you have an interest in getting the last bit of fidelity from your music here is not the place to pursue that endeavour. I will tell you this, and this is not an effort to show off, I have a few turntables that range in cost from approx.$150 to one that cost me over $5000, a bad recording sounds bad on all of them, but sounds even worse on the best turntable, the inverse is true of a good quality recording/pressing. I would say that shelling out $150 for a good quality album, while playing it on a budget turntable would be the wrong way to go, the chances are that no benefit would be gained in sound quality, and that $150 album would in fact be damaged (another topic) so that even if you were to upgrade to a quality turntable at a later date you would then be less than impressed. Audiophile pressing such as MFSL came about to cater to the audiophile market due to the sad quality of US pressings....and they were really bad.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13382 Nov 17, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder what's stopping RCA from taking all the unreleased Elvis stuff, & giving it a proper release. The longer it sits in the vaults, the more chances it gets leaked out by a bootlegger. They could release it in volumes, or in one boxset. Either way they would make millions from it. Right after the Beatles BBC album came out, one of the producers hinted at another project in the works. I'm hoping it's more unreleased music. Maybe they'll remaster the Anthology releases, & add a volume 4 of more unreleased stuff. But, the most likely scenario, is a remastered & re-released Let it Be. They've already done it with their other movies, plus the last time Let it Be was available, was on VHS, so it's never even been on DVD.
RCA did release plenty of Elvis alternate studio recordings on several box sets and single Elvis releases over the years plus Elvis has the FTD label that is the offical Elvis Presley enterprises CD label that releases unreleased concert soundboards and sessions for Elvis fans. Apparently, a lot of other long time collectors have certain things that they refuse to sell or give up to FTD. I can imagine original Elvis fans that unfortunately pass away and their families finding this stuff. Perhaps, someone that had once worked for RCA or an RCA record plant in the fifties through the seventies. Kind of like what some Apple or Capital records employees might have done to The Beatles vault material. Taking copies of rare recordings for their personal home use. Of course, I am only guessing but it slowly gets leaked out somehow as a bootleg. Some of it has amazing quality.

KELOWNA

#13383 Nov 17, 2013
Chris, remember that the recordings you are talking about were in all probability pressed in Japan by the Victor Company of Japan(JVC), beause the quality of US vinyl was well below par, due to using recycled vinyl containing lots of impurities, which in turn results in un-wanted noise...a by product of the oil crisis...Blame it on the Arabs if you like...lol.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13384 Nov 17, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>I wish I had a music fair around where I live, but I've never heard of one. I was wondering Octo, where do you get your Elvis & Beatles boots when their isn't a fair to go to.
I've met other Elvis fans that are into Elvis bootlegs and have connections to people who sell them. The bootleggers probably sell them to select members of Elvis fan clubs or to collectors that they have done business with before.

I've had a harder time finding Beatle imports because most of the independent record stores have closed. It is not like it used to be. The record fair is something that I look forward to. If I see a great newer Elvis or Beatles release that I currently do not own, I'll buy them. It all depends on what is out there.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13386 Nov 17, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>My personal opinion is that the UK mono releases are the ones to buy, if you can find them in excellent condition. The Japanese "red vinyl" or the MFSL half speed masters also pressed in Japan are nothing but excellent. Having said that and not wishing to come across as an "audiophile" snob, you will only get the best from these by using correspondingly revealing systems. I tried to start a discussion here once on the subject of Hi-Fi, and the response was less than encouraging, Octopus being one who was less than impressed with the idea of "good" systems. If you have an interest in getting the last bit of fidelity from your music here is not the place to pursue that endeavour. I will tell you this, and this is not an effort to show off, I have a few turntables that range in cost from approx.$150 to one that cost me over $5000, a bad recording sounds bad on all of them, but sounds even worse on the best turntable, the inverse is true of a good quality recording/pressing. I would say that shelling out $150 for a good quality album, while playing it on a budget turntable would be the wrong way to go, the chances are that no benefit would be gained in sound quality, and that $150 album would in fact be damaged (another topic) so that even if you were to upgrade to a quality turntable at a later date you would then be less than impressed. Audiophile pressing such as MFSL came about to cater to the audiophile market due to the sad quality of US pressings....and they were really bad.
I do the best that I can with what I have to work with, which is a Denon reciever hooked up with Klipesh speakers. As far as getting a turntable, I've neglected to go with them because it hasn't been a priority with me. Since CD's are easier to come by these days, it would be stupid of me to spend all that money for something that might not work properly. I know that musical snobs swear by vinyl but it is just a matter of availablity and I am not willing to do all that when most of my collection is silver lazer discs. But if you guys like playing vinyl, go for it.

KELOWNA

#13387 Nov 17, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that musical snobs swear by vinyl
It's got nothing to do with being a "snob", it has EVERYTHING to do with fidelity. Think about this Octy, when Steve Jobs went home to relax and listen to music what do you suppose was the medium he listened to? Apple I-Pod ? Cd's? or some other digital media that he had a hand in producing...No!! he listened to Vinyl. Digital recordings are compressed to the point that.....ah what the hell, I'll never convince you.

BTW, my main speakers are also Klipsch... "Klipschorns" bought them new way back in 76. lookem up, the only speaker anyone could ever need, been in production since 1949 till this present day.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13388 Nov 17, 2013
To Chris : Yes I agree wholeheartedly with your statement. I have heard people divulging the same type of rhetoric. Either their Elvis fans or Beatles fans or vice versa. I have been an Elvis fan all my life. I also appreciate the incredible talent that originated from the Fab Four. As previously stated, I have over 800 Presley albums on vinyl excluding Singles and extended plays (RPM 78)of which I owned every Presley single (45) he ever released over his lifetime. I also have the entire Beatles collection on albums and singles with some rarities never released by Apple or Capitol such as the Beatles live at the Hollywood Bowl. This album was first released in 1974 as a bootleg. Of course, it was later released on vinyl and CD, but the Bootleg version is quite different.
Getting back to my point, I enjoy them both and I am still an avid Elvis and Beatles record collector.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wade Robson Claims Michael Jackson's Companies ... Fri mjlover4life 3
News Now Corey Feldman Says Hollywood Has a Pedophil... (Aug '11) Thu Teri Copley arrested 366
Michael Jackson And David Bowie, the Duet That ... (Jun '10) Sep 21 Patrice Lauren 6
Wade Robson Supporters (Jul '13) Sep 21 Sleepingboy 74
News Blanket Jackson changes name: Bullied at 13 for... (Jun '15) Sep 21 Sleepingboy 9
Michael Jackson rapes Bubbles: a Continuation (Sep '08) Sep 20 Vale 5
News Prince Jackson shares a sweet kiss with new gir... (Feb '14) Sep 17 afriend 5
More from around the web