150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 | Posted by: KB50MJ | Full story: talk.livedaily.com

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Comments
11,581 - 11,600 of 12,754 Comments Last updated Monday Aug 25
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

To Octopus!! Great , I can see that you are eagerly anticipating the arrival of those classic Elvis Albums. Iv'e just finished receiving "Cafe Europa"
the G.I. Blue sessions. A lot of different alternate versions from an album that spent a total of 111 weeks on the bestselling charts. As you may know, I am still enjoying The Elvis Masters. WOW Octo!! This is an incredible piece of work. There are so many recordings and the sound is truly remastered. I am still waiting on "Tania For Dinner" to arrive. I know you are presently enjoying it. Also on a separate note, and as you stated Davada "Dee" Stanley passed away. I remember she was all for making a buck on Presley exploitation. I remember buying and reading her book "Elvis We Love You Tender" which she wrote with the collaboration of her three sons Ricky, Billy and David. It smelled of garbage and was garbage. Needless to say, she will not be missed by Presley fans. peace out!!
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Victor Abreu wrote:
To Octopus!! Great , I can see that you are eagerly anticipating the arrival of those classic Elvis Albums. Iv'e just finished receiving "Cafe Europa"
the G.I. Blue sessions. A lot of different alternate versions from an album that spent a total of 111 weeks on the bestselling charts. As you may know, I am still enjoying The Elvis Masters. WOW Octo!! This is an incredible piece of work. There are so many recordings and the sound is truly remastered. I am still waiting on "Tania For Dinner" to arrive. I know you are presently enjoying it. Also on a separate note, and as you stated Davada "Dee" Stanley passed away. I remember she was all for making a buck on Presley exploitation. I remember buying and reading her book "Elvis We Love You Tender" which she wrote with the collaboration of her three sons Ricky, Billy and David. It smelled of garbage and was garbage. Needless to say, she will not be missed by Presley fans. peace out!!
What was interesting about "Caf'e Europa" was Boots Randolph's sax playing that was left out of the masters for "GI Blues" And on the studio outtake of "What's She Really Like" Elvis sings it like Dean Martin. That is certainly an overlooked soundtrack session that in outtake form, is quite like "Elvis Is Back" Elvis sang very well and worked hard on the songs even if they were not exactly rock. "Pocketful Of Rainbows" is still a beautiful tune.

You'll like "Tanya For Dinner" because of the sound and it is a great performance. The audience reaction is fun to hear on this boot also. "Straight Arrow" does a great job of putting out some exciting Elvis shows. Of course, I always desire to hear more Elvis as I go along and I notice that the sound quality is getting quite good on the better releases.

Dee Stanley was a horrible person and Verson should've never married her. She was truly a pig. I've never read their book but I did not like some of the things that she has said about Elvis to get attention. She is better off ignored.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Yea Octo!! "What's she really like" is one of my favorite all time Elvis songs from a great classic album. In fact, If I was to be asked "what ten albums would you take to an island with electricity ? G.I. Blues would be one of them. my Mom's favorite song is also on the album,
"Tonight's all right for love". And of course " Didja Ever" used to get me up every morning while going to school as a kid. It is truly one of the great classic Elvis albums. Peace out!!
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

No,Octo,I have not bought `ELVIS AT STAX',but I heard it has a lot of in between song chatter between Elvis and his musicians,and many alternate takes of the songs he recorded there in July and December of 1973,and it has gotten many glowing reviews in the music press,so I MIGHT buy it.And I'll take you word that King Elvis is man,Victor,but brother,he sure complains A LOT.And I couldn't agree with you more Octo,on Paul Mccartney,he doesn't have the same voice anymore,he sounds like what he is,AN OLD MAN,but he's 72 years old,and I guess that's what happens when people age,and his `new' material continues to sound subpar,like the majority of his solo work,and the fact that his May visit to Graceland is in his new music video smacks of insincerity on his part.What do you think,Octo,should we bash him again or not,peace out
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Victor Abreu Miami Beach wrote:
Yea Octo!! "What's she really like" is one of my favorite all time Elvis songs from a great classic album. In fact, If I was to be asked "what ten albums would you take to an island with electricity ? G.I. Blues would be one of them. my Mom's favorite song is also on the album,
"Tonight's all right for love". And of course " Didja Ever" used to get me up every morning while going to school as a kid. It is truly one of the great classic Elvis albums. Peace out!!
I love most of Elvis's work except a handful of the very worse movie songs from "Easy Come, Easy Go" "Clambake" and "Speedway" However, there was always at least a couple decent tracks on each. The music in Elvis films have always been lumped together as weak material but I think that it is a bit unfair. "GI Blues" wasn't "Jailhouse Rock" or "King Creole" but it wasn't supposed to be. By 1960, pop music was changing to softer sounds, which is why Elvis was doing more ballads. Still, he did plenty of rock classics in the early sixties like, "Mess Of Blues" "I Feel So Bad" "Little Sister" and more..."Blue Hawaii" is another great soundtrack because Elvis had done a concept of Hawaiian music and then shifted to Latin like on "Fun In Acapulco" He could do it all. Even the mid eastern concept of "Harum Scarum" and the 1800's riverboat dixieland flavor of "Frankie And Johnny" was brilliant. Some people still do not get it. But I do. Elvis could do any style and do it well. He was the best. He changed every single time. It was like he was many different artists in one. It is amazing that he did it in just over twenty years.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

RICK wrote:
No,Octo,I have not bought `ELVIS AT STAX',but I heard it has a lot of in between song chatter between Elvis and his musicians,and many alternate takes of the songs he recorded there in July and December of 1973,and it has gotten many glowing reviews in the music press,so I MIGHT buy it.And I'll take you word that King Elvis is man,Victor,but brother,he sure complains A LOT.And I couldn't agree with you more Octo,on Paul Mccartney,he doesn't have the same voice anymore,he sounds like what he is,AN OLD MAN,but he's 72 years old,and I guess that's what happens when people age,and his `new' material continues to sound subpar,like the majority of his solo work,and the fact that his May visit to Graceland is in his new music video smacks of insincerity on his part.What do you think,Octo,should we bash him again or not,peace out
I plan on picking up "Elvis At Stax" because of the concept of having all together plus in such excellent remastered sound quality but I am not in any hurry to purchace it because of the Elvis imports.

About The Beatles and Paul McCartney, I do not really have anything against them. I am just a pissed off Elvis fan that is tired of Beatle nuts putting Elvis down for the past 36 years. Some of them are very obnoxious and think they can dish it out without The Beatles or McCartney being criticized as well. In reality, McCartney hasn't done a halfway decent song since 1973. I am just sick of Elvis being ripped apart while The Beatles get written about as perfect. It is bullshit.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

*it all together...
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

I've decided to change my order list for some new Elvis import titles because I am hungry for some more Elvis concerts.

This is where it stands now:

"The Hillbilly Cat Returns"
Las Vegas 8-24-70

"Keeping Them Warm"
Las Vegas 8-22-72 MS

"Under The Midnight Sun"
Las Vegas 1-28-73 MS

"Down At The End Of Paradise Road"
Las Vegas 8-30-73 MS

"Turning Night Into Daytime"
Las Vegas 8-31-73 MS

"Alright, Ok...You Win"
Detroit 9-29-74

"Heading For Tulsa"
Tulsa, Ok 7-4-76

"Extending My Love"
(extended versions of 70's studio tracks)

All are said to be excellent to very good audience recordings except for the one disc of extended versions of 70's studio tracks, which is mega cool since I love longer tunes.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

To Octopus,Rick,Dennis and all other Elvis fans!!
check out the latest "USA Today" October 3, 2013 entertainment/Life section: Elvis Presley has topped the list as the most frequently streamed artist of the past decade. He is followed by number 2.Bruce Springsteen and number 3. Pearl jam. In fact, Here's the list of Sound exchanges top ten most digitally streamed artists from 2003 to 2013.
1. Elvis Presley
2. Bruce Springsteen
3. Pearl jam
4. Rihanna
5. Drake
6. Usher
7. Lil wayne
8. Beatles
9. Taylor Swift
10.Grateful dead
This proves that Elvis is still the most listened to entertainer in history. Oh and by the way for the naysayers, the best selling artist of all time.
Peace out!!
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

And I couldn't agree with you more,Octo,on those annoying Beatle fans who ALWAYS put Elvis down.But do you remember the anti-Elvis media 20 years ago or so,they were REALLY going after Elvis then.But since Colonel Parker's business files were found these jerks have reluctantly come to the truth that us Elvis fans have known ALL ALONG,that Elvis is in fact the greatest record seller of all time,and that's not counting the finally located `77 to `79 sales info that will be counted soon.The Paul Mccartneys,the Billy Joels,the Dave Edmunds and others who put Elvis down aren't talking so loud now,are they,so here's my advice for these know it alls;NEVER CRITICIZE AN ARTIST WHO HAS SOLD MORE RECORDS THAN YOU HAVE,words these detractors should live by,peace out
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

And I saw that list from USA TODAY also,Victor,this list is just further confirmation that the 36 year deceased Elvis Presley,The King of Rock and Roll,is the greatest of all time,a pop music phenomenon who continues to work his magic on new generations,and not even death has stopped the mass success he continues to enjoy,somewhwere Elvis is smiling,peace out

Since: Aug 08

Summerland BC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

RICK wrote:
And I couldn't agree with you more,Octo,on those annoying Beatle fans who ALWAYS put Elvis down.But do you remember the anti-Elvis media 20 years ago or so,they were REALLY going after Elvis then.But since Colonel Parker's business files were found these jerks have reluctantly come to the truth that us Elvis fans have known ALL ALONG,that Elvis is in fact the greatest record seller of all time,and that's not counting the finally located `77 to `79 sales info that will be counted soon.The Paul Mccartneys,the Billy Joels,the Dave Edmunds and others who put Elvis down aren't talking so loud now,are they,so here's my advice for these know it alls;NEVER CRITICIZE AN ARTIST WHO HAS SOLD MORE RECORDS THAN YOU HAVE,words these detractors should live by,peace out
Rick, you have the intellect of a slug.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

To Dolbyscat2,I'm just expressing my opinion,dear,sorry if I offended you,and is that you in that photo,you're very cute,peace out
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

To Dolbyscat2,I'm just expressing my opinion,sorry if I offended you,I'm an Elvis fan,as if you couldn't tell,and is that you in that photo I see,you're very cute,peace to you .
Maurice P Colgan

Abbotsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

An opinion, with no factual basis, is just that...an OPINION, and as everyone knows they are as common as the ass-holes who spout them. Your opinion in particular has bias written all over it, you expect to hold and publish that opinion, but would deny others the same right, unless they have sold a billion records..You Sir prove yourself to be an idiot every time you post.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

To Rick: I could not agree with you more. This is the Elvis forum. The real King Elvis/Observer rules has already written to me in reference to letting everyone know in this forum who he really is. He is a man who happens to be tired of getting personally attacked through fraudulent libelous and slanderous threads. Everyone should know that the trolls who keep posting these degrading threads are nothing but poor white Australian trash. Obviously they should be ignored.The real King Elvis /Observers rules take these words to heart, ignore these threads posted by this Aussie trash, and believe me you'll feel better about yourself.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Also Rick: A gold and Platinum record presentation shall be posted within a couple months on all Elvis websites. I have received over 20 E-mails from different and respective Elvis fan clubs, being indicative that new independent audited figures will be established for Elvis Presley's United States record sales tabulation. I believe that they have discovered lost record sales documentation from the 1970's period. This is what I have been told Rick. I 'll keep you posted if I hear anything else, my friend. Peace out!!

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Victor Abreu Miami Beach wrote:
He is a man who happens to be tired of getting personally attacked through fraudulent libelous and slanderous threads. The real King Elvis /Observers rules take these words to heart,
Victor, "King Elvis/ Observer Rules" posted on a number of occasions that it is a female. Why would she do that if indeed it was a man?? You seem to have a warped opinion of OR/KE who would also seem to be (judging by her/his language) Aussie white trash. There has to be something to this "Philip lean" story, but I don't believe we will get anything from OR/KE.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

To Dolby: The situation is that the gentleman's identity was stolen by one who divulges himself to be a "King Elvis'. Mr. "Observers Rules" spoke to me through writing and urged me to come to his defense. At first I hesitated, but he later revealed his identity to me through Facebook. He pleaded in not letting his identity be revealed, so I obliged. He like I, and many others who participate in this forum want these degrading threads being posted to stop. I do not think this will happen, but from Mr. "Observer Rules" point of view and written grammatical rhetoric, he stated for the record, "that I will no longer post these type of repulsive threads even as a defense against any libelous or slanderous personal attack. That being said, I came to his defense,abiding that he will keep his word. As stated, this is an Elvis forum not a personal troll attack forum. Teddy Roosevelt once said 'speak softly but carry a big stick". right now is useless to carry a big stick, due to the fact that the trolls are not worth it.
Peace out my friend!!
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

RICK wrote:
In the excellent book, "Jailhouse Rock: The Bootleg Records Of Elvis Presley 1970-1983" there was a famous bust made in Memphis in 1980 or so where the FBI raided a Elvis convention and arrested several dealers that were selling Elvis bootlegs to Elvis fans. Then the FBI went after the suppliers of these illegal products in Flordia where a guy and his father were charged and did time in prison. These were sixties culture guys that also did The Beatles and other artists but RCA cracked down on the sale of Elvis because he was the biggest. A few years later, a bitter bootlegger put out an album called, "Elvis's Greatest Shit" that was purposely designed to hurt and mock loyal Elvis fans. And this is where the unfair attacks on Elvis and his fans started. Regardless, Elvis fans remain very loyal and love Elvis very much. At this point, it does not matter how much Elvis really sold. I have bought vinyl LP's, eight tracks, cassettes and finally CD's and I know other Elvis fans have bought their entire collections over again. Whatever what some might want to claim, the fact remains that Elvis is an ongoing phenomenon that has never been repeated in the recording industry. Elvis has nothing more to prove because he sold the real physical product when people were actually buying records. Everything that sells today is just the icing on the cake. I just focus on the music and it still gives me hours of excitement and listening pleasure. I do not care what others might think. I lived through the eighties Heavy Metal era and they were saying that Elvis was dead then. Instead, Heavy Metal died. Elvis will never truly die. My love for him will take me to the end of my life. Not many artists have that power to affect someone through out their entire lives. I have never listened to what someone else might believe. Sorry but it is not going to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wacko's Birthday In Hell 21 min Octopus 1
Michael Jackson Hit With New Abuse ClaimBy Dian... 52 min Jermaine 7 325
New Child Sex Abuse Claims Filed Against Michae... 54 min Jermaine 7 186
Is Michael Jackson Really A Child Molester? 1 hr Jermaine 7 136
Wacko Kept Boy Mannequins 1 hr Jermaine 7 60
Which hater is the most obsessed with Michael J... 2 hr Bechevious 0
Whose the most likable long time poster on topix? 3 hr Octopus 24
Prince Jackson covers sweat-soaked hair with a ... 5 hr Octopus 104
•••
•••