150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12898 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Since: Aug 08

Summerland BC

#12684 Sep 30, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
It bothers me, too. If the troll enjoys ruining this type of posting, I'd like to know if this is how he/she conducts his or her personal life. Perhaps professional counseling might help.
And yet "king Elvis" "Observer" and now "Victor" keep responding' "King Elvis" must spend more time complaining to Topix moderators than he/she does actually posting.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#12686 Sep 30, 2013
Right on about QUEEN Elvis,Victor,this chick is a pain in the ass,never has ANYTHING good to say about anybody,and I'm pretty sure it'a girl PRETENDING to be a guy,what normal guy bitches like `King'Elvis does,NOBODY,so,Queenie,do all of man and womankind a big favor,as well as us also,get a couple of pals together,get a boat,and RE-ENACT THE SINKING OF THE TITANIC,PLEEEEEASE,peace out.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#12687 Sep 30, 2013
And I'm not too sure about Paul Mccartney anymore,either,when he visited Graceland in May,I thought it done out of SINCERE respect for the man,but now I'm starting to think it was done as a visual for his new music video,if that's the case,then the Mccartney bashing is back ON,but I'll think about it some more,peace out

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#12690 Sep 30, 2013
RICK wrote:
Right on about QUEEN Elvis,Victor,this chick is a pain in the ass,never has ANYTHING good to say about anybody,and I'm pretty sure it'a girl PRETENDING to be a guy,what normal guy bitches like `King'Elvis does,NOBODY,so,Queenie,do all of man and womankind a big favor,as well as us also,get a couple of pals together,get a boat,and RE-ENACT THE SINKING OF THE TITANIC,PLEEEEEASE,peace out.
RICK, as I have both explained to you here - do you even read this forum or do you only peruse your own comments?- the unregistered King Elvis is NOT the King Elvis that you've been dealing with these many months - that is me. I returned to my registered name here after the idiot troll Philip Lean took to becoming and abusing my screen name here.

I am the one who's been hammering you to provide any examples of media bias against Elvis, something that we're all still waiting to see, by the way,

So, to repeat, the "King Elvis" you see here is NOT King Elvis. You can contact Victor Abreu via Facebook to confirm this, and he can also confirm that I am male.

King Elvis - the REAL one.

(Oh, and as for you "Jack Dempsey" - a Thursday morning at 10am? Let me guess, you don't have a job ...? Asshole.)

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Location hidden

#12691 Sep 30, 2013
RICK wrote:
And I'm not too sure about Paul Mccartney anymore,either,when he visited Graceland in May,I thought it done out of SINCERE respect for the man,but now I'm starting to think it was done as a visual for his new music video,if that's the case,then the Mccartney bashing is back ON,but I'll think about it some more,peace out
More paranoia, eh Rick the Dick? Still can't bring yourself to give Paul credit where it's due when he does something nice for Elvis.

Paul loved Elvis and still does.

King Elvis.

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Location hidden

#12692 Sep 30, 2013
dolbyscat2 wrote:
<quoted text>And yet "king Elvis" "Observer" and now "Victor" keep responding' "King Elvis" must spend more time complaining to Topix moderators than he/she does actually posting.
I don't complain to the mods.

I reported this idiot Aussie troll once, and they now take care of him by deleting his comments. It's automatic.

You're no better than him: a non-fan wasting HIS own time here on an Elvis forum, too pathetic to leave us Elvis fans in peace to talk about our favourite singer. Go figure.

Summerland BC

#12693 Sep 30, 2013
Observer Rules wrote:
<quoted text>

You're no better than him:
The same could be said of you queenie, maybe it's about time you tempered your own language and maybe set an example. Just who do you THINK you are? If indeed you ARE a "someone" then let us all into the secret. From where I am sitting you just seem like a loudmouth who suffers from tourettes syndrome. Yes, and before you light a flame under my butt I already know my own faults, but I do at least have a sense of humor, and don't take this ridiculous forum so seriously that I have to resort to the kind of cussing you use. You need to grow-up and get a life. I see that even "victor" is now falling in line with the same behaviour, I would have expected more from him.

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Location hidden

#12694 Sep 30, 2013
dolbyscat2 wrote:
I ... don't take this ridiculous forum so seriously
But WE do, that's the frigging POINT!!
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#12696 Sep 30, 2013
Gentlemen : Both of you, Dolby and Observer Rules AKA (King Elvis) bring a lot of valuable information and insight to this forum. Dolby, you are right. That was conduct unbecoming on my part. I should have never divulged that type of rhetoric to the troll. The anger got the worst of me. My apologies!! Let us somehow get back to discussing the issues of "Best selling Artist" or any other issues for that matter.
You gentlemen: Dolby, Observer Rules, Rick, Dennis
Len in Disguise, Octo and a host of others is what makes this forum so enjoyable and delightful: Oh yes and by the way, let's try to ignore the everyday trolls. Peace out gentlemen !!
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#12697 Sep 30, 2013
To Rick !! Yes, I forgot to state to you that the real King Elvis (Observer Rules) is a man. He is also a gentleman at that. In fact, he wrote in favor and advocated many fine points in many valuable topics that you have posted. Furthermore, he holds you and your knowledge of the king in high esteem and regard. Some degrading troll stole his registered name and his identity. Nevertheless, we both are trying to deal with this issue with some type of civility. On the Paul Mccartney statement, I believe that Sir Paul was really sincere with his admiration for the King by his leaving a guitar pick in Graceland's meditation garden. Paul has always been an avid Elvis admirer. He would regularly state that "Every time I was down on my feelings I would put an Elvis record and my spirits would be lifted automatically.

Summerland BC

#12699 Sep 30, 2013
Observer Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
But WE do, that's the frigging POINT!!
Then I reiterate, "get a life" and treat this forum and the memory of Elvis with a little more lightness, what the heck are you trying to prove that isn't already known?? That you and others dedicate so much of your time to protecting the life of a deceased singer is beyond comprehension to me. I doubt that the man himself would feel he needed his reputation to be looked after by you or anyone else. I feel sure he would see you all as crawling little sycophants, all you are doing is feeding your own pathetic dreams....Lighten up, make a joke or two, and simply stfu when it comes to the other pathetic Australian. In fact thinking further on this I think that it may not be Elvis or this forum that you take too seriously, but more yourselves.

Summerland BC

#12700 Sep 30, 2013
BTW "Observer" take up the offer made by your fellow compatriot...and let us know the outcome...after all it was made at your request.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#12702 Sep 30, 2013
Dolby is right!! we ought to "lighten up, make a joke
or two". It is and should be an enjoyable past time,
keeping in mind to respect each other's point of view with decency and courtesy. That is the partly the reason I participate on this forum, without too much seriousness on the subjects that matter, it puts my mind at ease from the everyday toils. To reiterate, I enjoy immensely the feedback I get from all the writers of this forum. Peace out!!
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#12703 Sep 30, 2013
That is partly the reason (Typo)
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12705 Sep 30, 2013
RICK wrote:
In all fairness, I think Paul still loves and respects Elvis very much. After all, he did purchace Bill Black's stand up bass years ago. He just has an inflated ego because he is Paul McCartney, the most popular ex Beatle. However, he is getting old and his "New" song is not all that great.(listened to it on You Tube) It will not become another hit. I remember the song, "Vanilla Sky" a while back and it was pretty good and still failed to be much of a hit for McCartney. But at this point, the only people who still care are die hard Beatle fans. My stepfather grew up in the sixties and even he admits that Paul can not really sing anymore. He has a little old man voice and it is rather pathetic nowadays. He looks and sounds like an old man.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12707 Sep 30, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
Gentlemen : Both of you, Dolby and Observer Rules AKA (King Elvis) bring a lot of valuable information and insight to this forum. Dolby, you are right. That was conduct unbecoming on my part. I should have never divulged that type of rhetoric to the troll. The anger got the worst of me. My apologies!! Let us somehow get back to discussing the issues of "Best selling Artist" or any other issues for that matter.
You gentlemen: Dolby, Observer Rules, Rick, Dennis
Len in Disguise, Octo and a host of others is what makes this forum so enjoyable and delightful: Oh yes and by the way, let's try to ignore the everyday trolls. Peace out gentlemen !!
I am already planning on ordering my next batch of Elvis imports, which includes the following concert dates unheard yet in my collection:

"To Live And Die In Dixie" (two disc set)
Las Vegas 8-19-72 Dinner and Midnight shows

"Keeping Them Warm"
Las Vegas 8-22-72 Midnight

"Turning Night Into Daytime"
Las Vegas 8-31-73 Midnight

"Heading For Tulsa"
Tulsa, Ok 7-4-76 Matinee

I've just heard that hag, Dee Stanley finally passed away. Opps!
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12708 Sep 30, 2013
RICK wrote:
By the way Rick, did you buy the new Elvis three disc, "Elvis At Stax" ???

I listened to a soundbite and can not decide if the sound is really that much improved over what has been previously released before or not but read that there is some unheard chatter between the songs on some of the studio outtake material.

I also read that McCartney is using his video of his visit to Graceland to plug his new song. Perhaps, he is hoping Elvis fans will want to buy it. Judging by how lousy it is, I am certainly not interested. The barber shop version is on You Tube as well and it is horrible.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#12709 Oct 1, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
I am already planning on ordering my next batch of Elvis imports, which includes the following concert dates unheard yet in my collection:
"To Live And Die In Dixie" (two disc set)
Las Vegas 8-19-72 Dinner and Midnight shows
"Keeping Them Warm"
Las Vegas 8-22-72 Midnight
"Turning Night Into Daytime"
Las Vegas 8-31-73 Midnight
"Heading For Tulsa"
Tulsa, Ok 7-4-76 Matinee
I've just heard that hag, Dee Stanley finally passed away. Opps!
Keep us posted how you like them.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12710 Oct 1, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep us posted how you like them.
That I will.

If you can find "Tanya For Dinner" Las Vegas 3-28-75 DS, you could do worst. It is mostly a great sounding audience and Elvis sings very well. A very enjoyable show even with a couple dips in sound quality towards the second half of the CD.

I was listening to one of my Elvis CD's and came across a gem that I've almost forgotten about and I know that I have a better sounding version of it somewhere. It is a complete version of Elvis doing "What'd I Say" which was done in at a much slower pace of how he usually did it. I am not sure of the date but I think he must've done it at his winter engagement in Las Vegas, 1975. It is really bluesy. It was very rare that Elvis did the full song after 1969. This live track is amazing.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12711 Oct 1, 2013
*you could do worse...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proof That Jordan Chandler Accurately Described... (Apr '13) 2 hr Pliez 724
Inside the tiny cult of wacko (Apr '16) 2 hr Pliez 97
Susannerbrb aka MJFIEND is off their rocker! Mon Spotted Wee 1
News Wade Robson & Why Many Molestation Victims Don'... (Jun '13) Mon Spotted Wee 72
What part of Lisa Marie Presley did not make MJ... Mon Spotted Wee 1
Open Letter to Anti Fans: Michael Jackson was t... (Mar '15) Sun Spotted Wee 123
The FBI did not investigate MJ for yrs nor did ... Sun Spotted Wee 1
More from around the web