150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12902 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

xxxxx

Wolverhampton, UK

#12083 Aug 1, 2013
Buster wrote:
<quoted text>William has been on topix for a long time. He works for topix and has used Mel_bill-william 7 of 13 revenge and other names. He is a menace and he abuses his job by deleting post. Light switch is cool and he works for topix too.This used to be a cool forum but now it's a battle ground.People like you make it better come to the Paul Mccartney forum and visit Bubba's bar and grill the people there are nicer and friendly.
Thanks for the invite Buster I will pop in later and see what is going on.

xxxxx
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12091 Aug 2, 2013
There is currently a fantastic magazine on Elvis out in stores called, "Elvis: The King Revealed" which has over 350 rare archive photos and articles written about Elvis and offers great insights into the man. It is the best publication on Elvis I've seen in years. They finally got it right this time.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12097 Aug 2, 2013
*derogatory...
Dolbyscat

Chilliwack, Canada

#12098 Aug 2, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>

You can just kiss my ass.
I would...but...your boyfriend has his dick up it already.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12099 Aug 2, 2013
Dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>I would...but...your boyfriend has his dick up it already.
Fail.

My wife knows that I love the ladies.

What is exactly your problem?

You certainly are a miserable little worm, aren't you?

Of course, you live in a wimpy nowhere country like Canada.

You don't get out much, do you?
Dolbyscat

Chilliwack, Canada

#12100 Aug 2, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>

Of course, you live in a wimpy nowhere country like Canada.
That coming from a squid who lives in Shenectady of all places.....FAIL!!!
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#12101 Aug 2, 2013
To Octopus, King Elvis, and Rick:
Greetings gentlemen : I stated to all of you that I would be touching bases with you in regards to new Elvis record sales certifications. There will be a press conference on Elvis week in correlation to new independent audited figures pertaining to Elvis Presley United States record sales. I have read that these new figures were never disclosed and omitted from the Recording Industry Association America tabulations and certifications. I am hoping that they could address the 1977 to 1979 lost records sales period. Let's wait and see.
I will keep you informed !!
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12102 Aug 2, 2013
In the current Elvis publication, it has a story about Elvis's music teacher telling him that he couldn't sing. Elvis was just a kid. He got up in front of his class and did the song, "Keep Your Icy Fingers Off Me" and told his teacher that he did not care if she did not like his style of singing. And yet, the criticism did not stop him. Elvis certainly had a lot of guts and went on to be the biggest musical legends of all time. Funny, how Elvis ignored the opinions of a few. Elvis made his music and it is what it is. He knew not everybody was going to like him from the very beginning. Fascinating stuff.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12103 Aug 2, 2013
Dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>That coming from a squid who lives in Shenectady of all places.....FAIL!!!
Still better than where you are, isn't it?

Go blow a moose.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12105 Aug 2, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
Greetings gentlemen : I stated to all of you that I would be touching bases with you in regards to new Elvis record sales certifications. There will be a press conference on Elvis week in correlation to new independent audited figures pertaining to Elvis Presley United States record sales. I have read that these new figures were never disclosed and omitted from the Recording Industry Association America tabulations and certifications. I am hoping that they could address the 1977 to 1979 lost records sales period. Let's wait and see.
It is about time.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#12106 Aug 2, 2013
To Octopus: Yes you are absolutely correct!! What would have happened if Elvis would have stopped making musical progress after Jim Denny's rhetoric critique(The Grand Ole Opry Manager) and I quote stated "son I think you ought to go back to driving a truck, for you will never make it in the music industry".
If he would have taken that remark to heart, today the world would be a lot different. Moreover he also received a grade of F in music,and yet much like what you have factually stated, "the criticism did not stop him". To reiterate, I will keep you informed if I should hear or read anything pertaining to Presley's record sales figures.
Have a great day !!
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12107 Aug 2, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
To Octopus: Yes you are absolutely correct!! What would have happened if Elvis would have stopped making musical progress after Jim Denny's rhetoric critique(The Grand Ole Opry Manager) and I quote stated "son I think you ought to go back to driving a truck, for you will never make it in the music industry".
If he would have taken that remark to heart, today the world would be a lot different. Moreover he also received a grade of F in music,and yet much like what you have factually stated, "the criticism did not stop him". To reiterate, I will keep you informed if I should hear or read anything pertaining to Presley's record sales figures.
Have a great day !!
Elvis had a remarkable ability to defend himself without offending anyone. He simply did his music for his fans. I think a lot of criticism was due to Elvis moving around on stage, the way he dressed and his upbringing of being a poor boy from Memphis. Yet, Elvis improved greatly as a musician and singer. He did not rest on just R & B and Rock N Roll. Elvis could sing anything and do it well. Elvis was the best. He remains very misunderstood but there still is not anyone remotely like him even today. It was because Elvis never stayed in one place musically. He was always changing, evolving into someone else. The music is still changing, forming new shapes as the decades pass. No one has done what Elvis did. That is truly genius. As for sales figures, Elvis fans continue to be loyal. That is not something anyone can take away from him.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12109 Aug 2, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>I think Elvis was a visionary and he knew deep down that some day he'd make it big. I heard when he was in school the other guys bugged him about his hair. Elvis was destined to be great and Like John Lennon said before Elvis there was nobody huge and doing rock and roll like he could do it. He was the most famous solo artist and always will be. Just like the Beatles will always be the most famous rock group.
Elvis probably didn't know that he was going to make it big because he was studying to be an electrician when he was driving a truck for Crown Electric in 1953. He stopped in at Sun studios and paid four dollars to record the Ink Spots "My Happiness" which was a ballad. It actually took months before Sam Philips called Elvis. Both Scotty and Bill worked with Elvis trying to find a style that fit him before they even attempted "That's All Right, Mama" Elvis had also tried trying out being a back up singer for a Gospel group and was rejected. Sam Philips was into R & B and did not like ballads but Elvis did "Blue Moon" anyway. Later, Roy Orbison left Sun because Sam did not let him do ballads. Roy Orbison saw Elvis perform in Texas with Scotty and Bill and said Elvis blew his mind. Later, an eleven year old Tom Petty got to meet Elvis on the set of "Follow That Dream" And Bob Dylan said that after hearing Elvis, he knew he was never going to work for a boss. It was like breaking free out of jail. The new Elvis magazine is great, Bubba. You should pick it up because it is exactly what I've always told you. It is very well researched and written. You certainly would come to understand Elvis better. I'm impressed that someone finally got it right this time.
Truth Be Known

United States

#12110 Aug 2, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
Where did you read about the new figures? It would be awesome if it happened.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12112 Aug 2, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>I think I saw it in the store at Rite Aid. What's it called? Is it like life magazine or who put it out?
It has Elvis from the 1968 Comeback on the cover, "The King Revealed"

It is not Life, rather something the estate has put out. But it is right on the money. All the articles are written by different people.

It is excellent and well worth the ten bucks I spent on it.

They had a lot on The Beatles so why not Elvis?

And they even have a great pic of Elvis at his last concert in Indianapolis. He doesn't look that overweight to me.
Dolbyscat

Chilliwack, Canada

#12113 Aug 2, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text> I'm impressed that someone finally got it right this time.
No!! You're impressed that someone finally agrees with your interpretation and went to press with it.. Wanker.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12116 Aug 2, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>There will always be a lot on Elvis and the Beatles Octo. Today there were some new found unreleased photos of the Beatles in Concert in black and white.Taken in 1963. Elvis fans can't get enough and nothing wrong with that I suppose.
Of course, how many people would care about unreleased photographs of Frank Sinatra or Judy Garland? The Monkees? It just doesn't happen with just anyone. Since Elvis and The Beatles are rock legends, they still generate excitement from their fans. No doubt. As you know, some hate The Beatles also. It is because their idols will never reach where they still are. They are jealous because we still care. Not many artists can do that. If you were good back then, the music will always do the talking. I'm sure in a lesser extent, Marilyn Monroe will always be a legend that people will never forget either. It is because they stand out from the rest of the pack. I'm not ashamed of being an Elvis fan. I don't care what little bitter and jealous worms think. They mean nothing. Music should make you happy. If it doesn't, why listen to something if you are just going to be miserable and negative all the time?
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12118 Aug 2, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah no reason to be ashamed.You can't mention the 50's or 60's without Elvis,Marilyn, and the Beatles. I am shocked that the Rolling stones were the band to out last all the other British bands. I thought they would fade away but they are still going strong and getting uglier.
Marilyn Monroe is everywhere in American culture. She certainly had the classic look. She wasn't a rock star but she could sing. People are still fascinated by her presence. As for The Rolling Stones, the band has survived for over 50 years. Had Jagger been successful as a solo act, they would've broken up. They make money and that is why they are still plugging away at it. But The Stones are old. It is better than being dead. They can still generate cash flow and enjoy their money.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12120 Aug 2, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah the Stones are old but man they still have attitude and Mick can still sing pretty good for a 70 year old guy.His birthday was last Sunday.
I suspect that the two new songs on their latest greatest hits CD are studio outtakes left off of "Voodoo Lounge" or "Bridges To Babylon" Yeah, Mick still sounds like Mick but they are pushing it. They are in it for the money. Charlie Watts can still keep the beat, I'll give him that.
Dolbyscat

Chilliwack, Canada

#12122 Aug 3, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that the two new songs on their latest greatest hits CD are studio outtakes left off of "Voodoo Lounge" or "Bridges To Babylon" Yeah, Mick still sounds like Mick but they are pushing it. They are in it for the money. Charlie Watts can still keep the beat, I'll give him that.
AAAAh! the Oracle of all things musical has spoken...give over Squid...you know nothing. "They are in it for the money"???? I doubt it, they have more dough than god, but even if they were, what's so wrong with that? Tell me, why do you go to work...just to help out your boss??...Cos you enjoy it? or could it possibly be for the cheque at the end of the week? You are a complete WANKER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My Gay Fantasy About Michael Jackson King of Po... (Apr '10) Oct 9 You are an idiot 48
News Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson Religious Por... (Jun '12) Oct 9 Spotted Wee 96
MJ fans and haters Oct 4 Space ace 16
News Michael Jackson's 'Scream' Is The Perfect Hallo... Oct 3 fat tired old and... 1
News NFL's embrace of Timberlake a racist, sexist joke Oct 1 Sharon 1
News 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Ste... (May '15) Sep 26 Titan 3
News Dick Polman: An Ignorant America Endangers Demo... Sep '17 Trump is a joke 2
More from around the web