150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12898 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Octopus

Albany, NY

#11964 Jul 20, 2013
RICK wrote:
And as you were saying on a previous post,Octopus Brain,when you listed what The Beatles achieved in a 2 year period,taking 2 years away from them would put a SERIOUS dent in their career stats,wouldn't it,but the assholes at BILLBOARD can do that to Elvis and we're supposed to accept it,NOT US ELVIS FANS,this magazine has shafted Elvis his entire career.How is it that many of Elvis's BIGGEST selling albums did'nt go very high on this lame magazine's chart.Albums that went multiplatinum,like `The Top 10 hits'4x platinum,117 on this lame chart and no higher,`Elvis gold records,vol.5',gold,peaking at 207,GIMME A BREAK,and the diamond selling `Elvis Christmas Album',NOT CHARTING AT ALL,THIS MAGAZINE IS FULL OF YOU KNOW WHAT WHEN IT COMES TO THE KING,PERIOD,peace out.
Obviously, back in the early eighties, Elvis albums did not chart high because they did not get radio play but still sold like, "The Top 10 Hits" CD, which went 4x platinum. That is because the recording industry was still booming. Elvis was left out because it was considered old, repackaged material. But remember Felton Jarvis's remix LP "Guitar Man" ??? That went number six on the country charts in 1981 and included the number one country single, "Guitar Man/What I'd Say" That is strictly because RCA promoted that album. Elvis sells regardless, so why waste money for promotion? Unfortunately, Billboard neglects to talk about sales, only chart performance.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#11968 Jul 20, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Octo in the 80's Elvis did not chart high because of Groups like Duran Duran-Journey- Huey Lewis and the news-Bon Jovi were getting all the radio play unless you listed to the oldies stations who would still play Elvis and Little Richard. Also at that time Queen was doing very well even with another one bites the dust and The group I still like The Knack were charting then. Even ZZ Tops were doing good in the 80's
The remix of Elvis's "Guitar Man" in 1981 even did fairly well on the billboard top 40 at the time, peaking at #28. It was because RCA stepped up the promotion. "Guitar Man" was a top 10 country album with a #1 country single, a top 40 crossover hit and the album even had a top 10 follow up single with the remake of "Lovin' Arms" which hit at #8 on the country charts in 1981. Of course, "Dallas" was the top rated television show, "Urban Cowboy" was a blockbuster at the movies. RCA just took advantage of country music's popularity on the pop charts to squeeze out another hit album by a dead Elvis. It was a very successful project.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#11970 Jul 20, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds like RCA was a bit like Capitol Records they would squeeze out or milk whatever they could from a good selling artist like Elvis or the Beatles because of greed at the recording industry executives who wanted to line their pockets deeper.
I've even listened to The Beatles "20 Greatest Hits" which was also released in the early eighties. All the songs were done with modern backing and remixed. It sounded like shit and even though the album has been deleted from the catalog years ago, someone put it on You Tube. Elvis fans complained about "Guitar Man" but at least it was done and compiled with lesser known material.
Stupid troll Philip Lean

Werrington Downs, Australia

#11971 Jul 20, 2013
Elmer wrote:
<quoted text>No I don't know this geek who is called Phil Lean/ Radio Waves/King Elvis. All I know is the jerk attacks people then acts like he has something important to say but we all know he or she is just a nasty King nose picking Booger King. Not to be confused with Burger King. LOL
Elmer, you mean "not to be confused with the real King Elvis".(This goes for you too, XXXXX).

Once again, this idiot troll has attempted to become me on here, in a vain attempt to usurp my identity and superiority to him, as his own life is so pathetic.

Why don't you give him a call in Australia at, say, 3 or 4am some morning on 02-4369 8430 and tell him what you think. Go ahead, fck him right up. That's Philip Lean's home number. Just do it. Wake him up. Over and over.

His last comment was posted at 5.30am Sydney time ... the hour of the trolls.
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
I have everything intelligent to say because I am the one and only KING ELVIS.
You and the Pommie git are nothing but web viruses.
The pair of you should be kicked off the entire thread because neither of you have anything to say about the KING that anyone would want to hear.
Piss off, blown out booze bum and Pommie ponce cnthead!!!!
Die, trolls, die in your own piss.
Oh, I thought you were only going to post about Elvis from now on, eh "King Elvis"? So much for that.

No matter, of course, as Topix keeps deleting your posts. But, like the lonely troll you are, you keep posting, as you've nothing else going on in your life.

How's that wh*re wife of yours, by the way; still giving it away to anyone with two bucks on the Central Coast?

"...everything intelligent to say because I am the one and only KING ELVIS" - you got that right, dickhead. The REAL King Elvis always writes intelligently.

I think it's about time we met in person, Philip, and cleared this up once and for all. Got the guts to do that, Nancy? No, of course you don't, you're a gutless troll.

You'd shit yourself if I turned up on your doorstep, wouldn't you? Or would you prefer I give you a call? You'd still shit yourself.

You sad, pathetic troll.
King Elvis

#11972 Jul 20, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
"Guitar Man" but at least it was done and compiled with lesser known material.
Guitar Man was a great album - it went to No.1 on the country charts here in Australia.

We were the only country to release it on CD later - along with Roustabout and He Walks Beside me - all three CDs are rare as hen's teeth now. I have all three.

The unreleased 1981 Guitar Man remixes were included on the FTD album Too Much Monkey Business, but they were all awful. The CD is only worth having for those fans who didn't get the original album.
King Elvis

#11973 Jul 20, 2013
Elmer Jackson wrote:
<quoted text> You haven't anything intelligent to post because you are the one and only King Nose PICKER! You and Commies are getting nothing but H.I.V. Your lame butt needs to be kicked off the entire planet because nimrods like you never have anything nice to say about who really is the King Boogerpick when we already know without a doubt it's you THE ONE AND ONLY King B.P. Drown in your own sewer Booger picker King no one wants to hear your speech impediments .
Elmer/Bubba, as I said before, just stop responding to the idiot; attention is what trolls like him seek out.

Just ignore its nonsense and be done with him; don't take the bait even when attacked; let Topix do its job and delete him.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#11974 Jul 20, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Guitar Man was a great album - it went to No.1 on the country charts here in Australia.
We were the only country to release it on CD later - along with Roustabout and He Walks Beside me - all three CDs are rare as hen's teeth now. I have all three.
The unreleased 1981 Guitar Man remixes were included on the FTD album Too Much Monkey Business, but they were all awful. The CD is only worth having for those fans who didn't get the original album.
Even though "Guitar Man" was a hit album, it has never been certified by the RIAA, which I find odd. The soundtrack to "This Is Elvis" did not chart high but was in fact, certified as a Gold album. Overall, we did not get really great Elvis releases from RCA in the eighties during the beginning of the CD era. It was basically hit or miss. The best ones were "Reconsider Baby" and "The Memphis Record" I have the FTD, "Too Much Monkey Business" CD and rarely play it. Yeah, the bonus remixes did not work. A friend of mine just bought me the FTD "Sold Out" I just listened to the longer show from Cleveland, Ohio 6-21-74 last night. Not one of Elvis's best but it was interesting. It does have excellent sound though. Elvis sounds off key and doesn't get better until the end of the performance. However, it is different. Elvis's chatter with the audience and his band is what makes this one fascinating. I'll get to the other concert in Tulsa from 3-1-74 tonight.
King Elvis

#11975 Jul 20, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though "Guitar Man" was a hit album, it has never been certified by the RIAA, which I find odd. The soundtrack to "This Is Elvis" did not chart high but was in fact, certified as a Gold album. Overall, we did not get really great Elvis releases from RCA in the eighties during the beginning of the CD era. It was basically hit or miss. The best ones were "Reconsider Baby" and "The Memphis Record" I have the FTD, "Too Much Monkey Business" CD and rarely play it. Yeah, the bonus remixes did not work. A friend of mine just bought me the FTD "Sold Out" I just listened to the longer show from Cleveland, Ohio 6-21-74 last night. Not one of Elvis's best but it was interesting. It does have excellent sound though. Elvis sounds off key and doesn't get better until the end of the performance. However, it is different. Elvis's chatter with the audience and his band is what makes this one fascinating. I'll get to the other concert in Tulsa from 3-1-74 tonight.
I still love the Guitar Man album. I've never been a fan of remixing Elvis' music, but I always liked it. But not the left-off tracks later found on Monkey Business.

Let me know what Tulsa is like. I was toying with getting Sold Out, but I think I'd rather get the new Hot August Night from '69 (despite the stupid, Neal Diamond rip-off title).

I ended up getting The CBS Tapes - no discernible improvement in sound quality from previous releases and Rapid City is still not complete. But at least it means I now have Rapid City on my iPod.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#11976 Jul 20, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
I still love the Guitar Man album. I've never been a fan of remixing Elvis' music, but I always liked it. But not the left-off tracks later found on Monkey Business.
Let me know what Tulsa is like. I was toying with getting Sold Out, but I think I'd rather get the new Hot August Night from '69 (despite the stupid, Neal Diamond rip-off title).
I ended up getting The CBS Tapes - no discernible improvement in sound quality from previous releases and Rapid City is still not complete. But at least it means I now have Rapid City on my iPod.
I have a great audience recording from Las Vegas 8-21-70 MS called "Hot August Night" which had Neil Diamond introduced by Elvis from the stage. Great show!

My friend got the new CBS tapes release and said the same thing you just told me. I'm glad I didn't waste my money. At least, "Sold Out" contains two shows that were not in my collection. I do have the 1:30 afternoon show in Tulsa on 3-2-74 in a very poor sounding audience that sounds like the taper was a bit far from the stage but it was a good concert.

My friend told me to listen to Cleveland first and there is some very interesting dialogue. I can tell Elvis was a bit annoyed but he was trying hard to control himself. I could swear he actually yelled at one of the guys on stage to "Get Up" !!! Then he calmed down. It reminds me of the studio outtake of "Always On My Mind" in 1972. A very unusual "Bridge Over Troubled Water" done straight without the showstopping passionate high notes. I'll let you hear the rest for yourself. I had to listen to it again. The show isn't that bad.
Philip Lean the troll

#11978 Jul 20, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take any notice of the troll Lean who won't stop trying to steal my identity.
Any one who knows me can see the fraud is just that.
It's obvious the troll wants attention. It keeps saying ignore, ignore.
Why would it say that except to draw attention to itself?
Piss off Lean, we know who you are, cnthead arsewipe.
Couldn't have said it better myself - Philip Lean IS a troll and a fraud.

Oh, except for "cnthead" - that's one of the words I never use, and it catches you out every time, troll.

And "anyone" is one word, Einstein. Fail again, Philip.

But you keep on posting here, Philip ... as King Elvis or Radio Waves or whoever you like. Because Topix deletes your shit every time, and it just fcking kills you. You have no idea as to how and why they do it.

So, you're the real King Elvis, eh? Well then why don't you tell us all the dates you went to Graceland, and which members of the Memphis Mafia you've met? Hmmm? Nope, didn't think you could, Philip.

I notice you didn't address the idea of us meeting in person, and me kicking your scrawny ass into next week. What say I make the trek up to 45 Arakoon St Kincumber and we settle this like men?

Come on, troll, let's end this once and for all.

Nope, didn't think you'd do that either.

You gutless little prick ...

Well done, Philip.
xxxxx

Birmingham, UK

#11979 Jul 21, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take any notice of the troll Lean who won't stop trying to steal my identity.
Any one who knows me can see the fraud is just that.
It's obvious the troll wants attention. It keeps saying ignore, ignore.
Why would it say that except to draw attention to itself?
Piss off Lean, we know who you are, cnthead arsewipe.
You are very ill King Elvis, "I know that now" your mind has become all these people, you need to deal with the root course of your illness, you need to be strong and face your demon's you must be an adult now, you are not a child, what ever the problem is you can handle it better now you are an adult.
Philip Lean the troll

#11983 Jul 21, 2013
xxxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very ill King Elvis, "I know that now" your mind has become all these people, you need to deal with the root course of your illness, you need to be strong and face your demon's you must be an adult now, you are not a child, what ever the problem is you can handle it better now you are an adult.
Wrong King Elvis.

The idiot troll is impersonating me, hence all its comments get deleted.

And so do his comments posted under the name Radio Waves. That's what trolls do when no one responds ... they respond to their own posts.

The real King Elvis, ie ME, was the one who ripped into you at every turn over your stupid story about meeting Elvis in England in 1966.

I also had those threads deleted, in case you were wondering, along with that non-Elvis nonsense about you buying a Star Wars chess set for your kid (note the correct spelling of chess there), so don't bother trying any of that on again.

Topix deletes the troll's comments, no matter what names he posts under, but mine stay every time. That's the difference.

Four YEARS this idiot's been at it, posting under about 20 different names, and to no avail whatsoever.

(And it kills him that Topix won't allow any of his bile to stay, doesn't it Philip? Idiot troll. Come on, Philip ... you got the guts to meet me in person so I can kick your ass, gaywad?? I'm quite happy to drive up to your shithole of a suburb to do it, too. Gutless little prick. Well done, Carol.)
xxxxx

Birmingham, UK

#11984 Jul 21, 2013
Philip Lean the troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong King Elvis.
The idiot troll is impersonating me, hence all its comments get deleted.
And so do his comments posted under the name Radio Waves. That's what trolls do when no one responds ... they respond to their own posts.
The real King Elvis, ie ME, was the one who ripped into you at every turn over your stupid story about meeting Elvis in England in 1966.
I also had those threads deleted, in case you were wondering, along with that non-Elvis nonsense about you buying a Star Wars chess set for your kid (note the correct spelling of chess there), so don't bother trying any of that on again.
Topix deletes the troll's comments, no matter what names he posts under, but mine stay every time. That's the difference.
Four YEARS this idiot's been at it, posting under about 20 different names, and to no avail whatsoever.
(And it kills him that Topix won't allow any of his bile to stay, doesn't it Philip? Idiot troll. Come on, Philip ... you got the guts to meet me in person so I can kick your ass, gaywad?? I'm quite happy to drive up to your shithole of a suburb to do it, too. Gutless little prick. Well done, Carol.)
I know you deleted it and more, and I know how you did it

You got the information from youtube

A site that is called how to get your name removed off topix forum youtube.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#11985 Jul 21, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tulsa show is very short, a standard Elvis performance with the soundboard not being of the highest quality. Elvis obviously did not want to be there longer as the concert is only 52 minutes.
(way too much JD Sumner in the mix that he drowns out Elvis)
But with Cleveland's excellent sound, chatter and unusual versions of songs still make this FTD worth having. I've checked out a new bootleg from Las Vegas 8-28-71 called, "It's Impossible" that interests me but I have a lot from that period already. It says it is a very good audience recording though. I would only recommend "Sold Out" for diehard Elvis fans that would appreciate Cleveland.
xxxxx

Birmingham, UK

#11990 Jul 22, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
You're nothing more than piss and hot wind, Elmer Boozebum.
Drop off the thread and leave decent Elvis fans alone.
Piss off, Elmer Ponce.
I put the vote's on for you king Elvis, don't try to change them again.

I agree with Elmer.
xxxxx

Birmingham, UK

#11994 Jul 22, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
You're nothing more than piss and hot wind, Elmer Boozebum.
Drop off the thread and leave decent Elvis fans alone.
Piss off, Elmer Ponce.
You ba*****

You have Del Elmer.
Elmer

Renton, WA

#11999 Jul 23, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Authority my arse.
You are troll arsewipe ELMER BOOZEBUM in disguise.
Do you think your IP doesn't give away your troll game?
You are obviously a buddy of troll dickhead bogan Philip Lean.
Piss off, the pair of you loser cnthead dipwad fools.
King booger picker I see your dumbass is back again.I don't know your alter ego Phil Lean. he lives in your head and in your country not mine fisheyed fool.You are a bogan cockroach.
xxxxx

Bolton, UK

#12003 Jul 24, 2013
Radio Waves wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done, Carol.
Carol has left the building.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#12006 Jul 24, 2013
You were talking about the 1981 `Guitar Man'album,which I have,and I also have the single from that album,picture sleeve and all,it's the same photo as the album,the color photo of Elvis in a cowboy hat taken from `Stay Away,Joe'.I also find it odd that this album didn't reach RIAA gold certification,it was very popular on the country charts,I also have the `This Is Elvis'soundtrack album,certified gold but is actually a PLATINUM selling album,but because it didn't reach 100 minutes playing time,half it's sales were shaved off.This is also true of the following albums;`Elvis in Concert',6 million actual sales,`Aloha from Hawaii',DIAMOND,`Elvis',the 1973 TV album,DIAMOND,`Elvis in Hollywood',1 million actual sales,`Double Dynamite',`Worldwide 50 Gold award hits',`The Other sides',`The Complete Sun Sessions',`The Top Ten hits',`The Number One Hits',and several others,the RIAA makes me puke,peace out.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12009 Jul 25, 2013
The current FTD release "Sold Out" was very interesting, Rick. The sound quality on the 6-21-74 soundboard is quite good. My next Elvis purchase is going to be "It's Impossible" from 8-28-71 MS released by the touchdown bootleg label. I don't think I have any Elvis yet on that label but I've read that it was a very good audience recording. I like Elvis's 1971 Las Vegas engagements from that period and haven't come across a 1971 show in quite some time. Elvis had started adding more ballads to his rock show that year and seemed inspired to the point where his performance and energy level was at an all time high. I don't have a concert from that late in August so I'm hoping that this will be another great sounding audience to add to my collection.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paris Jackson shows off new sunflower tattoo as... Thu BobLoblah 3
News Entertaining 'Legends in Concert' at Foxwoods Dec 5 Memphisrain 2
News Michael Jackson's Robert Burns songs to be rele... (Jan '12) Dec 4 Kimo9g 3
News Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael Jackson fit? (Dec '08) Dec 1 Pearljr 64,784
Proof That Jordan Chandler Accurately Described... (Apr '13) Nov 20 RichardBurnham 704
Why does MJ grab his penis while dancing??? (May '07) Nov 12 chocolate girl 210
News Woman's suit claims Michael Jackson sexually ab... Nov 10 Sleepingboy 5
More from around the web