150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12898 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

King Elvis

Merrylands, Australia

#9453 Oct 9, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Well it seems to me Americans care more for other Countries than they should. Every time there is a disaster America is there to help some poor country out..
So does Australia: we give more foreign aid per capita than any other country.

However, I believe in fixing one's own problems first before taking on those of others.
Bubba

Seattle, WA

#9454 Oct 9, 2012
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
So does Australia: we give more foreign aid per capita than any other country.
However, I believe in fixing one's own problems first before taking on those of others.
I agree with you on that one.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#9455 Oct 9, 2012
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go back and check the posts, Rick and Jim were the ones who started, with snide comments and asides to my posts.
Do not poke the bear.
You used to post under the name observer or your long lost twin did!
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9458 Oct 10, 2012
Terrific,Bubba,don't ever give up on improving your talent on piano and the harmonica,knowing how to play a musical instrument is a wonderful hobby,it keeps me out of trouble and it keeps the Mrs very happy too,peace to you.
Bubba

Bothell, WA

#9459 Oct 10, 2012
RICK wrote:
Terrific,Bubba,don't ever give up on improving your talent on piano and the harmonica,knowing how to play a musical instrument is a wonderful hobby,it keeps me out of trouble and it keeps the Mrs very happy too,peace to you.
Yeah Rick music is like therapy. It's a great hobby.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#9460 Oct 10, 2012
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
As the guy who hosts Tosh.0 says, "Saturday Night Live was never funny. The only reason you thought it was, was because you were allowed to stay up past 9 o'clock to watch it".
It is crap, and always has been.
I disagree - Saturday Night Live WAS funny!

Location hidden

#9461 Oct 10, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Well it seems to me Americans care more for other Countries than they should. Every time there is a disaster America is there to help some poor country out.We even give money to Countries that hate us like The middle East.Maybe lacking knowledge about other cultures but World history I'm afraid you are wrong on that one.Only thing our Education doesn't teach is how to speak in several languages like a lot of European countries do.
I agree with you here, Bubba - America has bailed out many other countries, but, of course we continue to be disliked by some of them, even so.
Bubba

Renton, WA

#9462 Oct 10, 2012
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree - Saturday Night Live WAS funny!
I loved it back when Steve Martin and Dan Ackroid and Belushi and Chevy Chase were on it. Eddie Murphy was funny too.Gilda Radner was a funny chick I liked her and Jane Curtain.

Location hidden

#9463 Oct 11, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>I loved it back when Steve Martin and Dan Ackroid and Belushi and Chevy Chase were on it. Eddie Murphy was funny too.Gilda Radner was a funny chick I liked her and Jane Curtain.
"

Oh yeah, it was great! All those people on the show were awesome! Especially when Dan Akroyd would say to Jane Curtain, "Jane, you ignorant slut!" Haha!
Bubba

Seattle, WA

#9464 Oct 11, 2012
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>"
Oh yeah, it was great! All those people on the show were awesome! Especially when Dan Akroyd would say to Jane Curtain, "Jane, you ignorant slut!" Haha!
I liked it back then. John Belushi and Steve Martin cracked me up.They did some funny skits.Eddie Murphy was really funny too. I liked when he did Buck Wheat.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9466 Oct 17, 2012
King Elvis,you're not the type of person who SEES THE BIG PICTURE OF ANYTHING,DO YOU,ROLLING STONE magazine specializes in music related to the 60's counterculture and beyond,and are preferential to those artists and they are particularly fond of Rock n'Roll BANDS,I've read a lot of their articles on Elvis over the years and they definitely are biased against him,they either criticize the man outright or they pepper him with LEFT HANDED COMPLIMENTS,and this is so for 2 reasons.NO.1;he emerged in the 1950's,not the 60's,GENERATIONAL BIAS.And NO.2,he outsold the musical heroes of THEIR GENERATION,THE BEATLES,the latter being particular galling to these people,and this stupid list they put out,of the greatest artists of all time,in THEIR estimation,always puts The Beatles at no.1[BIG SURPRISE]and their votes for The Beatles are as much ANTI-ELVIS votes as they are pro Beatle votes,more truth for you,Kingster,peace out.
King Elvis

Cromer, Australia

#9467 Oct 17, 2012
RICK wrote:
ROLLING STONE magazine ... I've read a lot of their articles on Elvis over the years and they definitely are biased against him,they either criticize the man outright or they pepper him with LEFT HANDED COMPLIMENTS.
Really, Rick?

Really, that's the story you're sticking to, is it?

You've said "either" here, which means two options: outright criticism or left-handed compliments.

And that is pure, straight-up outright nonsense.

Get it through your head: Elvis is NOT beyond negative criticism; no artist is.

I have subscribed to RS for 24 years now, and I can categorically state that the majority of Elvis articles (both about him and his latest releases) have been positive.

Feel free to prove me wrong with the titles of articles and their authors.

Any time will be fine.
Elmer Jackson

Bothell, WA

#9468 Oct 17, 2012
Damn why doesn't Rolling stone magazine print an article about me. I've been to all 4 corners of the USA and have sang for drunks in numerous bars and street corners. I've played for drinks and can sing Elvis-Englebert-Beatles and never even once mentioned in Rolling Stone. They must me bias against me because I started out in 1962 singing and passing the bottle around at a campfire then in the Box Cars while riding the rails.Every hobo know who I am but yet Rolling Stone won't mention me. I tell you man It's a dog gone shame man. Not even a left handed compliment.
Elmer Jackson

Bothell, WA

#9469 Oct 17, 2012
So many drinks and bumming for drinks and singing for bums and anyone else who would listen and still Rolling Stone has a bias against me damn it.You know it hasn't been easy entertaining in box cars and singing at truck stops. Also being Elmer Jackson the almost famous singing drunk I have an image to uphold but still no mention in Rolling Stone magazine. shaved off my stubble Hell I even died my hair jet black and for my photo on my newest CD and still there is a bias against me from the 60's counter culture writers for Rolling Stone man.
Elmer Jackson

Bothell, WA

#9470 Oct 17, 2012
Elmer Jackson wrote:
Damn why doesn't Rolling stone magazine print an article about me. I've been to all 4 corners of the USA and have sang for drunks in numerous bars and street corners. I've played for drinks and can sing Elvis-Englebert-Beatles and never even once mentioned in Rolling Stone. They must me bias against me because I started out in 1962 singing and passing the bottle around at a campfire then in the Box Cars while riding the rails.Every hobo know who I am but yet Rolling Stone won't mention me. I tell you man It's a dog gone shame man. Not even a left handed compliment.
Elmer sings for drinks not peanuts Damn it.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9471 Oct 22, 2012
Hey,kingster,you're wrong on all counts,as usual,ROLLING STONE magazine is PREFERENTIAL to 60's counterculture music and the subsequent generations influenced by them,PERIOD,you're such a supporter of theirs,TELL ME,in your opinion,why Elvis is so beloved by the public,kingster.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#9472 Oct 22, 2012
RICK wrote:
Hey,kingster,you're wrong on all counts,as usual,ROLLING STONE magazine is PREFERENTIAL to 60's counterculture music and the subsequent generations influenced by them,PERIOD,you're such a supporter of theirs,TELL ME,in your opinion,why Elvis is so beloved by the public,kingster.
It would be interesting to read reviews of Elvis albumns back in the seventies, compared to other artists of the time.
Poppa

Bothell, WA

#9473 Oct 22, 2012
jim - wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be interesting to read reviews of Elvis albumns back in the seventies, compared to other artists of the time.
I agree and do wonder what the reviews would have to say.The 70's exploded with so many good bands from the Eagles and ZZ TOPS and everything in between.I'm still a big fan of Steely Dan and the Doobie Brothers and Bad Company.
King Elvis

Stanmore, Australia

#9474 Oct 22, 2012
RICK wrote:
Oh, so now they're PREFERENTIAL.

Big difference between that and being "BIASED AGAINST".

OBVIOUSLY they're preferential to 60s music ... THAT'S when the mag was created, Einstein!!

The FACT remains: Rolling Stone holds Elvis in the highest esteem, and neither he nor his music are beyond negative criticisms.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9475 Oct 23, 2012
You contradicted yourself in your last post,Kingster,and in the process you PROVED the point I've been making all along,ROLLING STONE is a magazine that is preferential to 60's music and the subsequent generations influenced by those artists,Elvis didn't follow the 60's counterculture agenda,either socially OR MUSICALLY either,the styles of music that Elvis cut his teeth on are the styles of music the 60's counterculture DISMISS[Country and Western,Gospel,romantic ballads,Rockabilly,etc..]and therein lies the BIAS,along with the fact that he emerged in the 50's,and not the 60's.But to me,these people sound very foolish,because look at the results Elvis's musical approach have earned him,you've heard the old expression `you can't knock success',right,but that's exactly what the 60's counterculture media is doing in Elvis's case,KNOCKING HIS SUCCESS,peace out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proof That Jordan Chandler Accurately Described... (Apr '13) 16 min Spotted Wee 733
News Michael Jackson Called A 'wonderful Humanitarian' (Jul '09) 34 min Spotted Wee 7,657
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 2 hr srevants of satan 400
MJ got his bad karma but good! 3 hr Pliez 2
The Crickets Chirp On The Dead Michael Jackson ... (Jun '15) 3 hr Pliez 51
zionist jew conspiracy against MJ (Jun '16) 4 hr Pliez 76
MJ was a addicted to drugs & plastic surgeries! 6 hr Spotted Wee 2
More from around the web