Fox Urges Researchers to Speed Therap...

Fox Urges Researchers to Speed Therapies

There are 1 comment on the The Associated Press story from May 7, 2007, titled Fox Urges Researchers to Speed Therapies . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

“I'd argue that filling the unmet needs of patients across all diseases isn't about more money _ it's about spending the money more effectively”

Actor Michael J. Fox appealed to scientists and investors Monday to aggressively translate scientific research into creative treatments for debilitating diseases, including the Parkinson's disease he has fought for more than a decade.

Fox said grants from the National Institutes of Health have created a system that mainly encourages academic scientists to publish papers that yield academically interesting answers. But the system fails to translate the discoveries into new treatments and cures. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

rusty

Downey, CA

#1 May 9, 2007
I would just like to point out that your own computer can help find cures! the projects are 100% volunteer and non-profit. thousands of personal computers work like a giant super-computer to search for new treatments and cures. i myself have been doing it for years. no 'education' needed :) enjoy!

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael J. Fox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Happy 50th birthday, Michael J. Fox (Jun '11) Apr 12 Randy 3
News What would you like to ask Michael J. Fox? (May '12) Apr 12 Randy 6
News What Back to the Future II got right and wrong ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Michael J. Fox nude (Sep '11) Jul '14 Billy D 2
MJ Fox and current health status (Apr '11) Jun '14 Lindy 2
News Michael J. Fox talks to Oprah about his fight w... (Mar '09) Jun '14 Robyn 4
News Michael J. Fox, Mychael Danna among Canadian no... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jack 1
More from around the web