DeLorean car gets future back -

DeLorean car gets future back -

There are 9 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Aug 21, 2007, titled DeLorean car gets future back -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

In a nondescript warehouse in East Texas, mechanic and entrepreneur Stephen Wynne is bringing a rare sports car back to life.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Dunn

Manchester, MD

#1 Aug 21, 2007
That's pretty cool. Will it also have an the upgrade option to time travel? ;)
Jim

Gwynn Oak, MD

#2 Aug 21, 2007
When just coming out of the gate, pricing should be below 44K. Who knows, the project could again fail. Hopefully, it will prosper.
Dan

United States

#3 Aug 21, 2007
With an optional flux capacitor and enough straightaway to accelerate up to 88mph, it might just be possible!
m5m1th

Lakeland, FL

#4 Aug 21, 2007
Awesome. I don't think I'll ever own one though. For 60k I'd have to go for a Porsche, Corvette or NSX.
Kellsboro Jack

Chicago, IL

#5 Aug 21, 2007
I do hope that terrible Volvo-Renault 6-cylnder engine is not used again. Even in twin-turbo form (the very few that were made) the bloated cars could barely top 150.
blippo

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Aug 21, 2007
I remember driving a new Delorean when they came out. I wasn't impressed by the performance. I liked my 80 Corvette better. And if I had the choice between the two today, I'd still take my 80 Corvette.
Paul bleeds Purple

United States

#7 Aug 21, 2007
Maybe this time it will get some horsepower!
Brian from WC PA

United States

#8 Aug 22, 2007
That is awesome, I've always loved the Delorean but hated the fact that it came way under-powered. I think they should bring it back with a good solid engine (even if not original). 300 HP would be great for that car
Jack

Woodbridge, VA

#9 Aug 25, 2007
blippo wrote:
I remember driving a new Delorean when they came out. I wasn't impressed by the performance. I liked my 80 Corvette better. And if I had the choice between the two today, I'd still take my 80 Corvette.
An 80s Corvette over a DeLorean? Give me a break...why the hell would you choose that over a D? ANYBODY can get and drive an 80s Corvette...they're everywhere! For true originality and style, nothing beats a DeLorean.(I should know, I own one!!!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael J. Fox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know how he's really doing? Nov '16 mobbby 1
News Michael J Fox reveals doctors only gave him 10 ... Nov '16 Duke for Mayor 1
News Happy 50th birthday, Michael J. Fox (Jun '11) Aug '16 furnacerepairedmo... 7
News Michael J. Fox, Coldplay go 'Back to the Future... (Jul '16) Jul '16 rcu0610 1
News What would you like to ask Michael J. Fox? (May '12) Apr '16 Randy 6
News What Back to the Future II got right and wrong ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Michael J. Fox nude (Sep '11) Jul '14 Billy D 2
More from around the web