Michael J. Fox In Town To Campaign For Dems

Full story: cbs2chicago.com

Actor Michael J. Fox was in town Tuesday to campaign for Democratic candidates, but he spent a lot of his day responding to derogatory comments made by radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh.CBS 2 West Suburban ...
Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Oct 31, 2006
Carol Smith

Vandalia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2006

Shame on Rush Limbaugh, but considering his mentality I am not surprised at any thing he has to say. I would not believe a word he has to say. If only he had a family member with this disease.
BBishere2

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2006

Carol Smith wrote:
Shame on Rush Limbaugh, but considering his mentality I am not surprised at any thing he has to say. I would not believe a word he has to say. If only he had a family member with this disease.
But you would believe an actor who has admitted in his own book that he went off of his medication to further his cause before congress?

You would believe an actor who would mislead voters on stem cell research - that, by the way, was and is legal in the state of Missouri.
kms

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2006

BBishere2 wrote:
<quoted text>
But you would believe an actor who has admitted in his own book that he went off of his medication to further his cause before congress?
You would believe an actor who would mislead voters on stem cell research - that, by the way, was and is legal in the state of Missouri.
READ THE BOOK!!!! He said he could not take the medication and speak before anyone about much of anything. If you knew anything about Parkinsons you would know this is true! People with Parkinsons have two choices either wiggle around all the time or be dopey to the point of drooling. I will say this for you right wingers you all take up for each other like mad, even if you know its wrong, ignorant and just plain BS. Case in point, Mark Foley, hes believable too. RIGHT He's probably a REAL NICE GUY,for a politician who is committing alot of felonies. He was probably just swapping recipes with these UNDERAGE TEENAGERS!!!! RIght
GO ahead SPIN IT!
slobo

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2006

I'd like to see him perform, "whole lotta shakin' goin' on"...come on over baby...whole lotta shakin' goin' on...easy nowwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2006

Stem cell research is being done. It is just not government funded. So go ahead and spin it kms.
Sheesh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2006

slobo wrote:
I'd like to see him perform, "whole lotta shakin' goin' on"...come on over baby...whole lotta shakin' goin' on...easy nowwwwwwwwwwwwww!
I hope there isn't anyone in your family who has this disease or one close to it, you uncompassionate (sp) idiot!!!
kms

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2006

WWW wrote:
Stem cell research is being done. It is just not government funded. So go ahead and spin it kms.
If the government isnt funding it, then WHY are they so against it. No spin necessary. If you have an argument make it or shut up!
kms

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2006

too little too late wrote:
the goverment could care less about your medical needs , their are too buisy rebuilding the tower of babel . and stealing from any source they choose
So true,so true.. Its frightening really!
Bob in Illinois

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2006

kms wrote:
<quoted text>
If the government isnt funding it, then WHY are they so against it. No spin necessary. If you have an argument make it or shut up!
The government isn't against it. They are, however, against providing federal funds (taxpayers dollars) to finance it.
kms

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2006

Bob in Illinois wrote:
<quoted text>
The government isn't against it. They are, however, against providing federal funds (taxpayers dollars) to finance it.
Really, some of the taxpayers feel that there is no push to fund anything like SCR because there's "NO MONEY" in the cure for the drup companies? You think there is a possiblity that is true? Or do you believe all drug companies want us all to be well and live happily ever after? Little too naive? What rules the world? MONEY- The answer to 99 out of 100 questions, is MONEY! Thats the truth! There are no valid arguments about SCR not being effective or useful, they have not done that much of it and there is no MONEY to help further the cause. See how that works!
Bob in Illinois

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2006

kms wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, some of the taxpayers feel that there is no push to fund anything like SCR because there's "NO MONEY" in the cure for the drup companies? You think there is a possiblity that is true? Or do you believe all drug companies want us all to be well and live happily ever after? Little too naive? What rules the world? MONEY- The answer to 99 out of 100 questions, is MONEY! Thats the truth! There are no valid arguments about SCR not being effective or useful, they have not done that much of it and there is no MONEY to help further the cause. See how that works!
kms,

I don't believe that the question here is making money. With some, it is a religious belief that it is the wrong thing to do. That may not be justified as it appears that there are ways that do not take a baby's life.

Mr. Fox wrongly suggests that the government is against the research. That would seem to indicate that nothing can be done at all because the government will not allow it. Perhaps he would be better off if he addressed the facts as they are rather than going along with the spin.
kms

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2006

Bob in Illinois wrote:
<quoted text>
kms,
I don't believe that the question here is making money. With some, it is a religious belief that it is the wrong thing to do. That may not be justified as it appears that there are ways that do not take a baby's life.
Mr. Fox wrongly suggests that the government is against the research. That would seem to indicate that nothing can be done at all because the government will not allow it. Perhaps he would be better off if he addressed the facts as they are rather than going along with the spin.
Maybe religion is part of it. They are not talking about killing babies for the SCR, they are talking about research done on already deceased fetus and on adults I believe!Now, who is spinning? I think maybe you are! MJF is not spinning anything, I am sure he is praying for a cure, as would anyone if they were in his condition. Think about it! As far behind in the process as we are of even maybe POSSIBLY finding a cure. How bad would you want a cure? Be honest MONEY is the reason for the lack of research! Our government has found a way to justify it with religion and others religious ideals. NO SPIN HERE!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Michael J. Fox Discussions

Search the Michael J. Fox Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael J. Fox nude (Sep '11) Jul 1 Billy D 2
MJ Fox and current health status (Apr '11) Jun '14 Lindy 2
Michael J. Fox talks to Oprah about his fight w... (Mar '09) Jun '14 Robyn 4
Michael J. Fox, Mychael Danna among Canadian no... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jack 1
What would you like to ask Michael J. Fox? (May '12) May '12 MichaelJ Fox Sux 5
Happy 50th birthday, Michael J. Fox (Jun '11) Jun '11 MikasaAckerman 2
Sexy "Teen Wolf" Premieres On MTV June 5 (Jun '11) Jun '11 MZO0 1
•••
•••