GOP candidates Whitman, Poizner spar at debate

GOP gubernatorial candidates Meg Whitman and Steve Poizner went head-to-head for the first time Monday during a debate in Costa Mesa before a crowd of nearly 300 people. Full Story
Art

United States

#1 Mar 16, 2010
Both a pair of buffoons. Geez, I hope people dont vote another repub into office, look how far the governator has trashed the state, and he's not even a real conservative. Too bad laitnos dont vote more, we need better governing than republicant leadership, and the demorats aint much either.

Here's the gyst of the debate:

Lower taxes (despite huge deficit and the fact that lower taxes have done nothing but drain our coffers during the Bush administration), illegals cause all the problems (despite illegals leaving in droves and our social institutions crumbling faster than ever), I will change things (despite the ir platforms being the same tired old neocon rhetoric of policies that have proven disastrous0).

This state is being held hostage by angry old people who arent willing to provide the services they enjoyed during their life to younger californians, its sociopathic. They will complain how horrible things are heading inthis state and then vote to kill programs that make it a better place to live in the same breath, nuts!
----abc

United States

#2 Mar 16, 2010
We need an {HONEST?}politician.An educated politician.A younger politician ,that will bring in communities that would be willing to help him/her out.One Governor that will actually visit all California communities to grasp their needs.And not just go on what is reported to him/her.We don`t need another actor ,because this term for Arnold has been a comedy and not an action drama .
ginger

Downey, CA

#3 Mar 16, 2010
i agree with NO AMNESTY. i also agree w/poizner. We need to end all benefits to illegals. But keep in mind 187 was ruled as unconstitutional, even when our constitution was written for US citizens. There is no stopping the illegals from coming here and reaping all the benefits. and its not really our jobs they are looking to take it is all the welfare and medical benefits.We need to look out for CAlifornian's not people and their off sring from other countries.

and please do not compare our governator to any one in politics. He does not have the skill or know how to run a group of boy scouts let alone a state!
Stop the social bla bla

Downey, CA

#4 Mar 16, 2010
Let's get the economy fixed in CA. So, I'm with Meg on this one. No time to be politicaly idiological all Rep./Dems/ and independents should shoose her to lead. I'm with ya Meg!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael J. Fox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Back to the Future II got right and wrong ... Jan '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Michael J. Fox nude (Sep '11) Jul '14 Billy D 2
MJ Fox and current health status (Apr '11) Jun '14 Lindy 2
Michael J. Fox talks to Oprah about his fight w... (Mar '09) Jun '14 Robyn 4
Michael J. Fox, Mychael Danna among Canadian no... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jack 1
What would you like to ask Michael J. Fox? (May '12) May '12 MichaelJ Fox Sux 5
Happy 50th birthday, Michael J. Fox (Jun '11) Jun '11 JustARegularLatias 2
More from around the web