Disney's Super Soap Weekend won't be ...

Disney's Super Soap Weekend won't be back after this year

There are 9 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Sep 30, 2008, titled Disney's Super Soap Weekend won't be back after this year. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Who's killing ABC Super Soap Weekend at Disney's Hollywood Studios? It's not Zach Slater, the sometimes bad boy played by Thorsten Kaye on ABC's All My Children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Save SSW

#1 Sep 30, 2008
Hi All,

I have started a petition to try and save SSW. It will be presented to Brian Frons and the Disney-ABC Television Group. Any and all help is appreciated. Please feel free to distribute it to any website where it will count. Anyone who knows how to make internet links to it cool! I am not that computer savy. Send to all your Soap Friends. I want to try and get as many signatures as possible. Let us show Mr. Frons how many of us support the continuation of SSW! Anyone who wants to print it and distribute at a Soap event please feel free to contact me at [email protected] Here is the petition website:

United States

#3 Oct 1, 2008
What a total bummer! I have attended for the past five years and I love it. It's great revenue for Disney and a great vacation for the soap fans. I don't think a tour of sorts will work, mainly because the actors don't get that much time off from filming. With this weekend, it can accomodate a large crowd, 30+ stars, and yet still gives people the opportunity to get up close and personal. I think ABC, Disney, and Brian Frons will come to regret this decision. They may take it away in '09, but I'm sure it will be back in '10.
Melissa Burns

Palm Harbor, FL

#4 Nov 17, 2008
Why end something that so many fans go all out for. Super soap weekend is such an amazing experience and this year there are a lot of disappointed and upset fans. There already are events for fans that occur all over. I cant attend the fan club party in NY that happens every year in NY so are you going to end that too because people in other states cannot attend? How fair would that be. I have missed most events because they are far away and the one event i have been able to attend for the last 5 years is now being taken away. So now you have pleased some fans and disappointed so many others! So many people love super soap weekend and for those that could not attend well we all cant attend every event. This has been going on for so many years and to just put an end to it was just stupid! Now you have pleased your fans that have been complaining and just upset so many thousand others! I have been attending super soap in Orlando for the past 5 years and know there will be nothing that can live up to that experience. So now you have this cruise, not going too expensive, not the same. So many fans have already been negative about this new idea. Bring back super soap weekend and continue your events for those that cannot attend elsewhere, what was wrong with that?
Jessica Schreuders

Port Orange, FL

#5 Nov 17, 2008
Please save super soap weekend I had a blast and it is a tradition for most people who have gone every year since most of them were kids and we are all very upset about it.

Orlando, FL

#6 Nov 17, 2008
Why can't ABC sponsor both the SSW, for all of us who take our annual pilgrimage to WDW, as well as the supposed "tour"? I don't see how they are going to be able to do what they do in WDW, all over the country. I know change can be good however, with us die-hard soap fans, they should do both for a couple of years to give all of us a chance to see if it would work.

Stamford, CT

#7 Nov 19, 2008
I have gone too SSW for 7 years and this year was definitely a little different the energy was not the same, people are not happy! In the past the crowd during the grand finale was amazing clapping, screaming this year after Bob Guiney's song you could almost hear a pin drop no clapping...This is just a really stupid decision and I have to believe the actors feel the same they always seem to really enjoy the weekend and Soap Nation will only go on to prove this is a HUGE mistake. My dad lives in Florida and it became a tradition to meet him there he is not a soap fan but enjoyed himself anyway. Hopefully the morons who made this decision will be slapped in the face with reality...
wendy lovins

Ormond Beach, FL

#8 Nov 21, 2008
i agree with everyone..i have been to ssw 3 times i do live in florida and now my daughter is old enought to go and enjoy with mom..it wont be the same with only a few soap stars at a few places through out the year..this year at disney we had a blast.even with the economy how it is this was not out of my price range to go and we had an amazinf time...meeting cameron, aiden, and greg..my 12 year old daughter savana got to talk with them one on one and get some great pictures with them..they are all a bunh of great guys and i will be sad not to see them next year..i agree they are trying something new in 09 but if it is not broke why fix it...hope they come back to wdw
Tiffany Evans

Columbus, OH

#10 Sep 16, 2009
I went last year with some friends for the first time and had so much fun! Why would you stop something that so many people love and enjoy to come too. I hope you will bring it back!

Columbus, OH

#11 Sep 16, 2009
It truly saden me to hear ssw was longer going to happen. Why would they stop doing this when so many people come out each yr. some new to it and some old like me. I have been every year and wish they would bring it back, it was a time for me and the girls to just go out and see all the soap stars we watch on T.V. do be at Disney and eat good food and also be on vaction all at once even though you really dont sleep this weekend it's a blast and I am so sadend I wont be doing it this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Easton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On 'General Hospital': Howarth, Easton and Alde... (May '13) May '13 dmw 2
Michael Easton nude (Nov '11) Nov '11 Marlo 1
News its Soap Fridays (Oct '11) Oct '11 Informdradio 1
News Never To Be Seen TV-Shows-On-DVDs? (Oct '11) Oct '11 Informdradio 1
News 'One Life to Live' star leaves the show (Nov '06) May '07 amber 3
More from around the web