Holiday tip: Packing heat? Keep hair-trigger temper on ice

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Some local politicians do the darnedest things. There was Bart Roper, a Cooper City commissioner, who allegedly flashed the middle finger to Davie police when he was found slumped in his pickup truck last year.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Old School

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 2, 2007
 
<But Diaz disputed that, saying that with no victim at the scene, "We can't charge him with aggravated assault.">

B.S.!
Old School

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 2, 2007
 
<Eric Schwartzreich, Salesman's attorney, said, "I don't think he was given any special favors.>

More B.S.!
CAML

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 2, 2007
 
you know...there are many days when i get cut in a line or people drive like crap and i just want to keep a box of rotten eggs with me to throw at them.
Me Too

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 2, 2007
 
CAML wrote:
you know...there are many days when i get cut in a line or people drive like crap and i just want to keep a box of rotten eggs with me to throw at them.
For those idiot drivers we all encounter...I keep a small box of roofing nails with me and quietly express my opinion of their behavior.

I think they eventually get the point.
special treatment

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 2, 2007
 
This drunken gun weilder absolutely got special treatment and the consequence will be, if he does or doesn't lose his job as commissioner and CCW permit, the next time he's in a drunken rage, he'll feel emboldened to shoot. If this clown doesn't do jail time for this aggravated assault, it's the Miramar Chief of Police and that State Attorney who let this clown off who should be next to face jail time for conspiracy to obstruct justice! FLORIDA IS FED UP WITH ABUSIVE PUBLIC OFFICIALS WHO SOFT PEDAL THEIR MIDSDEEDS!
Packin Heat

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 2, 2007
 
Yo my boy, Mr. Commish...had you pulled that Saturday Night Special out on me, I'd have dropped you dead.

There's about 350,000 CCW permits in Flo-DUH and all you had to do was draw down on somebody else who was carryin.......and you'd have been dead.....

You see, you just wanted to threaten someone...and under the law, that constitutes your victim drawin and droppin your goat eatin, coconut water drinkin, self......

I bet if you drew down on them in the WInn Dixie parking lot those Miromah boys would have pulled an AK and ratt-a-tatt-tatted yo @$$
Drea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 2, 2007
 
You mean to tell me there is NOT ONE PERSON BETTER QUALIFIED TO REPRESENT THE CITIZENS OF MIRAMAR THAN THIS JACKA$$?!?!?!?!
Darwin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 2, 2007
 
Drea wrote:
You mean to tell me there is NOT ONE PERSON BETTER QUALIFIED TO REPRESENT THE CITIZENS OF MIRAMAR THAN THIS JACKA$$?!?!?!?!
sadly, no.
Common Sense

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 2, 2007
 
Salesman is a dummy that failed to read the concealed weapon statute.You can draw the gun in the event of fear of immenent severe bodily injury or death.An exchange of words at a check out counter does not qualify. D.A.N.
"DUMB A-S N----R"
Mr Sensible

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 2, 2007
 
Me Too wrote:
<quoted text>
For those idiot drivers we all encounter...I keep a small box of roofing nails with me and quietly express my opinion of their behavior.
I think they eventually get the point.
Wow! That is really cool! You have sophisticated "homing" roofing nails that only go after the idiot driver you are mad at and not, say, a mother with two babies in her car the next day headed for the doctor. Or an old couple headed out for groceries. Or, maybe I misundertand, are they idiot drivers, too?

Another thing I am unclear on is how the idiot driver eventually gets the point? Do they repeatedly run over the nails until they associate running over nails with doing something you don't like? They must be pretty empathic to read your mind during all this. Wonder why they do not drive better if they are so empathic.
Susan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 2, 2007
 
This issue deserves the journalism award for "Year's Weirdest Story".

I've lived in S. FL for over ten years. I warn all my friends who are visiting for the first time that FL is probably the only state where you can be shot for holding up a line and it's classified as justifiable homicide.

After all we have this law that says if you feel threatened and you have a concealed weapons permit,you are allowed to shoot whoever you feel is threatening you.

There is nothing more threatening than someone holding up a line in front of you.

Not only was this salesman justified, but he showed extreme restraint. After all he only took out his weapon. He never actually shot the line-holder-upper.

Well, like Jeb must have thought when he signed the law...anything to keep a long line moving.
bob

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 2, 2007
 
like i told people when i moved to florida from L A 20 years ago florida will be just like L A and it is everyone in L A moved to WASH and OR here they are moving TENN and if you dont know why then stay here i am gone
Me Too

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 2, 2007
 
Mr Sensible wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! That is really cool! You have sophisticated "homing" roofing nails that only go after the idiot driver you are mad at and not, say, a mother with two babies in her car the next day headed for the doctor. Or an old couple headed out for groceries. Or, maybe I misundertand, are they idiot drivers, too?
Another thing I am unclear on is how the idiot driver eventually gets the point? Do they repeatedly run over the nails until they associate running over nails with doing something you don't like? They must be pretty empathic to read your mind during all this. Wonder why they do not drive better if they are so empathic.
No you jacka$$, I don't throw them out of the window randomly. That would be a careless thing to do.

But I have placed them carefully once said idiot is parked. That's when they get the "point". And it stays there until the tire repair guy pulls them out.

I doesn't matter to me that they don't know exactly why it happenned, it's my own version of Karma.

Have a nice day and don't drive like a jacka$$.
STFU

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 2, 2007
 
Me Too wrote:
<quoted text>
For those idiot drivers we all encounter...I keep a small box of roofing nails with me and quietly express my opinion of their behavior.
I think they eventually get the point.
What are you saying dork? Do you throw nails at people's cars? If so, did you condsider that others will then get flat tires. You are such a loser... One day your will get your front teeth bashed out...
STFU

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 2, 2007
 
Me Too wrote:
<quoted text>
No you jacka$$, I don't throw them out of the window randomly. That would be a careless thing to do.
But I have placed them carefully once said idiot is parked. That's when they get the "point". And it stays there until the tire repair guy pulls them out.
I doesn't matter to me that they don't know exactly why it happenned, it's my own version of Karma.
Have a nice day and don't drive like a jacka$$.
Oh - I didn't see this. Well you are still a little dork. Bragging about how you sneak around and flatten tires proves that you are too scared to confront anyone. You are pathetic.
Bud Lite

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 2, 2007
 
WOW!!! Mayo wrote an article that is close to making sense!!! Maybe the story is true about m.o.nkeys typing Shakespeare's sollets. Most CW permit holders know you can't draw down on someone just because they rattle your cage. He should lose the permit and removed from office if he doesn't resign.(This would also apply to a white idiot too)
Jerry C

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 2, 2007
 
its critical to protect yourself in south fla. He didnt fire it; if he felt unsafe, he did the right thing!
Capt Khaos

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 2, 2007
 
I guess the "victim" should have hung aroung in the parking lot with a crazy fool he already KNOWS has a gun (and isn't afraid to pull it) and wait for the police to show up. Apparently unless/until this fool actually kills somebody it's only a misdemeanor.
Not Surprised

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 2, 2007
 
Old School wrote:
<But Diaz disputed that, saying that with no victim at the scene, "We can't charge him with aggravated assault.">
B.S.!
Really? You can can charge someone with Agg/Assault without a victim to say that they were in fear.
That is "Old School."
Bonnie Russell

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 2, 2007
 
Can he get his money back from the Anger management people?

San Francisco learned their anger management programs are getting people killed. It's on the Domestic Violence section of FamilyLawCourts.com

But it's here, also.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Michael Douglas Discussions

Search the Michael Douglas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Douglas is right: Sex, cancer connected (Jun '13) Mar '14 lawyers gone wild 3
Michael Douglas blames oral sex for throat cancer (Jun '13) Oct '13 farm tractors 13
Michael Douglas, Matt Damon to present at Emmys (Sep '13) Sep '13 Eighthman 1
Four Acting Legends Live in Sin in New Last Veg... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mauricio Davila Wills 1
Cameron Douglas pens drug policy essay from jail (Jun '13) Jun '13 Papillon 1
Michael Douglas blames oral sex for throat cancer (Jun '13) Jun '13 Michael Dumbass 1
Michael Douglas blames throat cancer on oral se... (Jun '13) Jun '13 CSDevil 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••