CBS Drives Back Down 'The Streets of ...

CBS Drives Back Down 'The Streets of San Francisco' - Michael D...

There are 15 comments on the Zap2it.com story from Jul 29, 2008, titled CBS Drives Back Down 'The Streets of San Francisco' - Michael D.... In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

Karl Malden and Michael Douglas of 'The Streets of San Francisco' Who are this generation's Michael Douglas and Karl Malden? CBS hopes to find out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

Lisa

United States

#1 Jul 29, 2008
Get Gerald McRaney to play Mike
Stone. He'd be GREAT in this part!
Grace

United States

#2 Jul 29, 2008
Oh and Skeet Ulrich could play the younger guy.
THAT SOUNDS FABULOUS!!!
josie

Union, SC

#3 Jul 29, 2008
FINALLY! A remake I could get behind. But I'm not a key demographic number so my potential viewership is irrelevant. So, good luck with that Mr. Turner and Mr. Port.
Mark

Fort Myers, FL

#4 Jul 29, 2008
It won't be the same. Television should not make re-makes of anything.
Gavin

Chicago, IL

#5 Jul 29, 2008
Mark wrote:
It won't be the same. Television should not make re-makes of anything.
It's true. M*A*S*H*. The Office. Sanford and Sons. All in the Family.

Disasters all!
Hot Pocket

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 29, 2008
FINALLY A REMAKE from the procedural genre. They need to remake some sitcoms next b/c those single-cams suck ass!

The Streets of San Francisco was great and I don't think it'll be that hard to do and it should easily be successful.

After this one I'm waiting for:
Charlie's Angels
Starsky & Hutch
Baretta
Hill Street Blues
Quincy
Rockford Files
TJ Hooker
so many more....
Maureen

Tuscaloosa, AL

#7 Jul 29, 2008
I loved this show when I was a kid. Since CBS tends to take every successful show and clone it, I really hope they keep their mitts off of Stone, Keller, and the Streets of San Francisco. CBS disppoints me greatly, and I'd really hate to see them screw with this classic. They'll only start making everything "The Streets of...". Fill in the city of your choice. Just like they did with CSI. Just too much. The original was perfection. Leave it alone.
Brian from Canada

Canada

#8 Jul 29, 2008
Why keep the same characters? Create new ones and then get Michael Douglas and Richard Hatch do cameos during sweeps.

But otherwise, this seems a potentially better idea than Knight Rider or Bionic Woman: there's no set tone that people remember and expect from the show, and a truly good cop show is (sadly) missing from the networks these days.

I'm all for Ulrich and McRaney, but there's loads of other actors they could use. All you need is one good lead.
johnd

AOL

#9 Jul 29, 2008
Whats with all the 70's stuff?The Decade is over, lets keep it that way
John H

Rochester, NY

#10 Jul 30, 2008
This is a terrible idea. I don't see how you can even hpe to duplicate the unique casting of Malden and Douglas. The relationship between Stone and Keller was pretty much the whole show. Most, of the 70's Quinn Martin productions featured some sort of star powered cast, none more so than "Streets," which has the distinction of having one veteran, and a future movie star in the same show. In fact, Douglas' career had taken off in films so much that Richard Hatch mopped up for him in the last season on ABC. It would be much better to start fresh with different characters, maybe bring Hatch back as a SFPD captain.
funkychick

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jul 30, 2008
hot pocket - tv execs can re-make any or all of the shows you listed except Rockford Files. No way anyone can do a re-make anywhere near as good as the original. There is only 1 Jim Rockford and that is James Garner. The rest of those shows sucked to begin with so how they can get any worse. If tv writers and execs had any creativty they wouldn't have to re-make American or foreign tv shows.
Steve Keller

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Jul 31, 2008
Woo-hoo! We're back!

Been waiting for years to see this series come back.

Casting will be primo important
SonjaMMK

Blackfalds, Canada

#13 Aug 1, 2008
I think that a good choice for the yoiung fresh-faced cop would be either Jason Dohring or Alex O'Loughlin as both are available and both have the acting ability to pull this off. Not to mention the looks and Alex has alreay played a cop on The Shield.
twogirls

Winston Salem, NC

#14 Aug 19, 2008
Is it true that Ben McKenzie is being considered for the part of Steve?
Cloverleaf

Edmond, OK

#15 Oct 21, 2008
So when will it come to TV?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Greed is Good' is not good at all (Sep '10) May '16 dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 6
News Tribeca: Michael Douglas Calls for Presidential... (Apr '16) Apr '16 James 1
I HATE MICHAEL DOUGLAS (and so does slacher) (May '08) Apr '16 James 16
News Florida Hospitals Face Glenn Close-Like Threat (Mar '15) Mar '15 Elyse 1
News First Look at ANT-MAN Super Villain 'Yellowjacket' (Dec '14) Dec '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Douglas is right: Sex, cancer connected (Jun '13) Mar '14 lawyers gone wild 3
News Michael Douglas blames oral sex for throat cancer (Jun '13) Oct '13 farm tractors 13
More from around the web