'Greed is Good' is not good at all

'Greed is Good' is not good at all

There are 5 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Sep 26, 2010, titled 'Greed is Good' is not good at all. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

"Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" isn't a very good movie, I've heard. The good thing about that is it will save me the senior's admission I might otherwise have paid to see it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

Ummm

Covina, CA

#1 Sep 27, 2010
If greed is not good, then why do so many people spend a lazy life taking from others hard work? Welfare and entitlement programs are full of greedy slugs.
Gene T

Sun City, CA

#2 Sep 27, 2010
It is the height of greed and arrogance to proclaim the producers and hard workers of this country as "greedy" when you advocate government actions that steal the fruits of our labor. No one is entitled to my life, liberty, or property. It is your attitude which has lead to record deficits and record tax increases. My mortgage is underwater. I work long weeks and don't spend on things I don;t need. However, if it wasn't for the insane amount of money being stolen out of my paycheck each week, my wife would not be awake at night worrying if our home will be foreclosed upon.

Let's face it: you want to live off the fruits of others and that's despicable and immoral.
Angela

Condon, OR

#3 Sep 27, 2010
Actually Gene, if you bothered to look at facts. Deficits have always been higher under the GOP, Reagan, both Bushies. All gave us record deficits. Add in Nixon, Ford and Eisenhower. Taxes are down since Obama took the job but still you gripe about relatively low taxes. You beneifitted from taxes others paid and taxes others pay today. Your morgage is underwater. OK did you choose to buy your home at a time when anyone with a brain could see was a real estate bubble, or did you choose to borrow money using your house as collateral? Insane amounts stolen out of your paychek? What are you drinking taxes are at their lowest rate since WW2 and you still whine. If your wife is lying awake nights worrying your house will be forclosed on it sounds as if you are not making your payments, and that is some one elses fault??

OK stay off the roads, don't drink the water and don't use electricity or any other utility. All either subsidised by other taxpayers or paid for outright by other taxpayers. I wouldn't take any medicine or eat any food either. Don't call the cops, or the fire laddies, and don't have a recorded deed for your home. Welcome the periodic waves of pestilance, you sure didn't want to pay for the CDC. Give up the military. That one costs a lot of our tax dollars. You are also benefiting from a free education,(but I get you grudge it to others). I have no idea what sort of job you do but just try to have a functioning economy with no roads, electricity, gas( yes that is heavily subsidised by taxpayers. Just what conditions do you think you would be working under without workplace safety. And what do you think your employer would pay you if there was no minimum wage rules. All paid for with tax dollars. You want to give up taxes. I would offer you choices of countries with no taxes.#1 Somalia. No security, nojobs but by gum you wouldn't have to pay taxes.

No greed is not good it destroys the social fabric of society. When all that matters is what you can accumulate and how hard you can hang onto it it becomes what Jesus called the root of all evil. "The LOVE of money is the root of all evil". He had it right.
Manda

Reseda, CA

#5 Sep 28, 2010
I'm not overly fond of celebrities. But this column is one of the most purely vindictive, cheap, tacky pieces of unethical trash I have ever read.

First, you critique a film you have not seen, based on "friends" who have? I don't buy that. Secondly, you slam the character of a man you do not know, because you admire his father, based in a time long past? Seriously? Your dislike of Michael Douglas appears to be based on what his FICTIONAL CHARACTER says in a movie. But his father is an all American guy based on a few of his movie roles? What kind of journalist are you? Furthermore, what kind of ethical paper prints this crazycakes trash?

Lastly, you attack Michael Douglas in this piece of rotten filth, during the time he has been diagnosed with a usually terminal, stage 4, cancer, that he is fighting with dignity and class. How low can you go? What kind of human being are you?

Michael Douglas may not be the man his father is, but I doubt that his father feels that way. However, you are not even a shadow of either man. What a little cockroach you are, and what a rag this paper is for printing that vile column.
J Greg Ness

Hudson, FL

#6 Oct 2, 2010
I make $3MM a year off of the backs of working and non working disabled people. I am The Standard Insurance!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/gma-answers-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida Hospitals Face Glenn Close-Like Threat Mar '15 Elyse 1
News First Look at ANT-MAN Super Villain 'Yellowjacket' (Dec '14) Dec '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Douglas is right: Sex, cancer connected (Jun '13) Mar '14 lawyers gone wild 3
News Michael Douglas blames oral sex for throat cancer (Jun '13) Oct '13 farm tractors 13
News Michael Douglas, Matt Damon to present at Emmys (Sep '13) Sep '13 Eighthman 1
News Four Acting Legends Live in Sin in New Last Veg... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mauricio Davila W... 1
News Cameron Douglas pens drug policy essay from jail (Jun '13) Jun '13 Papillon 1
More from around the web