Meredith Baxter, who played mom on '80s sitcom 'Family Ties,' reveals that she's a lesbian

There are 20 comments on the WXMI story from Dec 2, 2009, titled Meredith Baxter, who played mom on '80s sitcom 'Family Ties,' reveals that she's a lesbian. In it, WXMI reports that:

Meredith Baxter, who played mother Elyse Keaton on the 1980s TV series "Family Ties," has revealed that she is a lesbian.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXMI.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
woot

Kingsport, TN

#1 Dec 2, 2009
so she likes to eat pie. big deal. these days its the thing to do.
Bill Jones

United States

#2 Dec 2, 2009
She looks pretty good in a strap-on

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#3 Dec 2, 2009
Her an Justine Bateman prolly got busy backstage.
James Dee

Howe, OK

#4 Dec 2, 2009
Why did she bother to reveal the obvious?
hopeandfaith

United States

#5 Dec 2, 2009
James Dee wrote:
I don't think it was obvious, but I agree that it is information better left unheralded.
James Dee

Howe, OK

#6 Dec 2, 2009
hopeandfaith wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think it was obvious, but I agree that it is information better left unheralded.
Not obvious? She might as well have been wearing a sign for the last 30 years.

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

#7 Dec 2, 2009
Bill Jones wrote:
She looks pretty good in a strap-on
Thats a picture I couldve done without today
Pleasure Beach Lover

Chesterfield, MO

#8 Dec 2, 2009
triple6vamp wrote:
I only wish. That Justine Bateman is hot. Mallory was always
my favorite on the show.
Pleasure Beach Lover

Chesterfield, MO

#9 Dec 2, 2009
James Dee wrote:
You really think it was obvious that a woman who was married 3 times
and has 5 children was gay? Wow...you must have x-ray vision gaydar!
Because

Santa Barbara, CA

#10 Dec 2, 2009
who really cares
Turd Ferguson

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Dec 2, 2009
maybe she publicized it so she can hook up with the mom from 'Who's the Boss'...
Pleasure Beach Lover

Chesterfield, MO

#20 Dec 3, 2009
Julia Scalcione wrote:
I remember the show in the 70's on called "Bridget Loves Berney" where she played the devoted wife. The disgusting deviancy demonstrated by homosexuals sickens me. It is a sin in the eyes of every major religion and homosexuality should be banned as illegal like in all the Moslem countries.
Hahahaha....yeah...those Muslim countries have the right idea.
And while we're at it, make it illegal for a woman to leave the house
without her husband. Don't forget your burka when you move
to Iraq.
James Dee

Howe, OK

#21 Dec 3, 2009
Pleasure Beach Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think it was obvious that a woman who was married 3 times
and has 5 children was gay? Wow...you must have x-ray vision gaydar!
I guess so.
Pleasure Beach Lover

Chesterfield, MO

#23 Dec 3, 2009
Julia Scalcione wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was in a Moslem country I would surely abide by that. I think bragging about the fact that you lick women's private parts and want to be accepted for admitting it is disgusting. Women are allowed to leave the house anywhere in the Moslem world without their husband by the way. They just need his permission. That's all. You take some and leave some in every society. The refusal to allow homosexuality is proper. It is deviant and immoral.
Holy crap you're scary!

FYI...she admitted that she's gay, she didn't mention anything about what she
does or doesn't lick.

So you'd be ok with having to ask permission from your husband to leave the house?
Pleasure Beach Lover

Chesterfield, MO

#24 Dec 3, 2009
Julia Scalcione wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was in a Moslem country I would surely abide by that. I think bragging about the fact that you lick women's private parts and want to be accepted for admitting it is disgusting. Women are allowed to leave the house anywhere in the Moslem world without their husband by the way. They just need his permission. That's all. You take some and leave some in every society. The refusal to allow homosexuality is proper. It is deviant and immoral.
Hold on here....
I just looked at your profile.
You're a direct descendant of Julius Caesar, a psychic and your favorite "hot spot"
is K-Mart? I think we're done here. Can you read my mind now?
You're a
NW Hominid

Kent, WA

#25 Dec 3, 2009
triple6vamp wrote:
Could've read the wrinklies on her face and cute overbyte, couldn't blame her for the Justine thing - surprised most didn't blame the black woman with blackberry pie...hee

“The sheep need protection.”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#26 Dec 4, 2009
I enlarged the picture. WOW. I haves seen less wrinkles on an elephant. Here is a hint Mrs. Keaton, tighten it up then maybe men will do you again.
Mike

Urbandale, IA

#28 Dec 4, 2009
I have nothing against gays, they have a right to live whatever lifestyle they want, but why do they feel the need to announce it to the media like its a big deal? I dont have to hold a press conference to announce im straight.
James Dee

Howe, OK

#29 Dec 4, 2009
Julia Scalcione wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I obey my husband as a wife is told to do in the Bible. I ask his permission to go out now! I am not living in a Moslem country but I respect his decsions as my husband.
What is wrong with K Mart? It is my favorite place.
I am reading your mind. You are a deviant and you want legitimacy. Pray to God to make yourself a humble obedient woman and have lots of babies!!!
K-Mart is your favorite place? You pick up a lot of knick knacks for the trailer there, do you?

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

#30 Dec 4, 2009
lol@knick knacks

I run when the blue lights flashing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Meredith Baxter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chely Wright, Rachel Maddow, Meredith Baxter, L... (Nov '10) Sep '14 amw 487
News 'Family Ties' Star Meredith Baxter Marries Partner (Dec '13) Dec '13 EdmondWA 47
News 'Unrepentant' Betty Broderick Denied Parole (Oct '10) Oct '13 Eye 14
News Meredith Baxter getting married? (Dec '09) Mar '11 outtaPville 27
News Meredith Baxter Gay (Dec '09) Mar '11 bridget 116
Meredith Baxter nude (Mar '11) Mar '11 Dee 1
News Actress Meredith Baxter reveals she is a lesbian (Dec '09) Aug '10 curious cat 2
More from around the web