Mel Torme Fan Club
Doris Lanning

UK

#1 Dec 3, 2006
Can anybody please let me know if there is a Mel Torme Fan Club
Nick

Verona, WI

#2 Feb 3, 2007
I run three Mel Torme fan clubs. One is at yahoogroups.com and is called Total Torme.
One is at myspace and the address is myspace.com/meltormefans . There is also a "group" fan club that I started at myspace.com .
Bernie Bunton

Craigavon, UK

#3 Oct 12, 2008
Anyone have a recording of Mel Torme when he appeared on the BBC programme Six Five Special?
Looking for 1957 Summer
My sister was chosen to appear with him while he sang Lulus back in town
Ron McCormick

Glenrothes, UK

#4 May 15, 2009
I wonder if anyone has a video of the Mel Torme concert that he did for BBC ON jAZZ 625. BILL LE Sage was on piano and led the band which was based on the Marty Paich Dek-Tette. I cannot tell you the date apart from late 1950's and early 1960's.
brenda

East Setauket, NY

#5 May 21, 2010
in for a treat---warren schein's tribute to mel torme at the metropolitan room in manhattan---may 23, 2010 and june 5. not to be missed
KJo

Alpine, CA

#8 Sep 24, 2010
I have an originally signed songsheet of Mel Torme's for sale. It is for the song "And so to Bed" by Johnny Mercer, recorded by Artie Shaw and Torme with the Mel-Tones. Torme autographed it. See ad on Craigslist in West LA or write [email protected] Jo
antwill

Portland, OR

#9 Jan 12, 2011
I just was talking with my mom and she was telling me that when my dad was in collage and living in Cincinnati he was Mel torme's piano player when ever he was in town specifically at the Cincinnati club.
my dads name was Jack Williams (Jacky) and he had a band called the sands of time.
If anybody has any info about any of this i would love to here it, dad died when I was eight and i know almost nothing about all this
Jack

Connersville, IN

#10 Aug 23, 2011
Recently heard Mel Torme recording on WRTI in Philadelphia, at the end of the song he held a note for an amazing length of time. I can't find the name of that recording. Can someone please help??

Thanks
joe

Milford, MI

#11 Jan 27, 2014
Does anyone know of a fictional book Torme wrote set during World War 2? I swear I read a book from my local library about 20-25 years ago written by Mel Torme about a guy in Germany during the war but I can find no mention of it anywhere.
I may be mistaken, but I don't think so.
Mel_Fan

Sacramento, CA

#12 Apr 25, 2015
joe wrote:
Does anyone know of a fictional book Torme wrote set during World War 2? I swear I read a book from my local library about 20-25 years ago written by Mel Torme about a guy in Germany during the war but I can find no mention of it anywhere.
I may be mistaken, but I don't think so.
You are probably thinking of Wynner--it's the only novel he wrote.(He wrote several non-fiction works.) You can find copies cheap online, even autographed ones!
Mel_Fan

Sacramento, CA

#13 Apr 25, 2015
Jack wrote:
Recently heard Mel Torme recording on WRTI in Philadelphia, at the end of the song he held a note for an amazing length of time. I can't find the name of that recording. Can someone please help??
Thanks
Maybe it was "I Won't Last a Day Without You," which is a lovely cover of what I know to be a Carpenters ballad, on Together Again for the First Time, the album he did with Buddy Rich. It's one of my favorite tracks of his, and the end of that song is gorgeous, with Mel holding that sad note as the horns softly pulse and fade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mel Torme Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gus Stevens: A man, a restaurant, a pioneering ... (Dec '07) Dec '15 nancy lee 94
News 'Magic 63' changes music format (Apr '09) Apr '11 Kenny 5
News Magic 63 changes format (Apr '09) Mar '11 Kenny Beard 51
News Is Arkansas at risk for an earthquake? (Apr '10) Apr '10 big daddy g 3
News Jazz vocalist Blair Clark (Dec '09) Dec '09 VERA 1
News Singer-songwriter Kenny Rankin, 69 (Jun '09) Jun '09 Tom Templeman 2
News Singer-songwriter, guitarist Kenny Rankin dead ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Michael 2
More from around the web