The Patriot and the Southern Theater of the American Revolution

Mar 18, 2011 Full story: Examiner.com

When discussing the period known as the American Revolution, the usual stories told are how George Washington crossed the Delaware River, the battles of Lexington and Concord, or other aspects of the period, such as the Boston Massacre.

Read more
LEE MARION

Greenville, SC

#1 Mar 19, 2011
IN THE REVIEW OF THE PATRIOT MOVIE, BY MICHAEL WATSON, IT IS STATED THAT FRANCIS MARION, THE SWAMP FOX, ABUSED AND SEXUALLY ASSUALTED THE SLAVES HE OWNED--I HAVE READ A LOT OF BOOKS ABOUT FRANCIS MARION AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT SIDE OF GENERAL MARION BEFORE--------I SUPPOSSE IT'S POSSIBLE HE WAS LIKE THAT, BUT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT FRANCIS MARION AND HIS BROTHERS WERE FRENCH HUGENOTS WHO ESCAPED FROM FRANCE BECAUSE OF RELIGIOUS PRSECUTION AND THE HUGENOTS WERE VERY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE, KIND OF LIKE THE AMISH , AND I PERSONALLY DOUBT THAT HE ABUSED HIS SLAVES. I DIDN'T LIKE THE MOVIE, THE PATRIOT TOO MUCH, IT DIDN'T PORTRAY HISTORY AS IT FEALLY TOOK PLACE, AS MICHAEL WATSON POIINTED OUT IN HIS ARTICLE. THAT'S MY TWO CENTS WORTH, LEE MARION, COWPENS, SC
Ely

Astrakhan, Russia

#3 Mar 31, 2011
LEE MARION,
do you expect that in the movie you will know the real story with all the details? Historians are not able to explain even today's reality. So what can we say about the past? But that's the charm. You can get a deception in three boxes, and would not respond. But it's fun. Those who entertain people, did not put to death, even in the Middle Ages.
Ely

Astrakhan, Russia

#4 Mar 31, 2011
If we talk about civil war in the U.S., so if I were a filmmaker, I would have rented a historical film about how the Russian warships are defended ports of North in 1963-1964 from British and French fleets . With the obligatory romantic love story.
Ely

Astrakhan, Russia

#5 Mar 31, 2011
I apologize. That was in 1863-1864, respectively. Typo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mel Gibson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mel Gibson apologizes for drunk driving (Jul '06) 13 hr swedenforever 31
News Mel Gibson displays thinning hair and bald spot... Jan '15 Ranger 1
News Danny Glover supports Unifor Sep '14 screwed again by ... 1
News 'Mad Max' director 'heartbroken' over Mel Gibson (Aug '14) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 1
mel gibson when he went threw the welland canal... (Jul '14) Jul '14 tena 1
We Were Soldiers (Jul '14) Jul '14 Tony 1
Mel Gibson NAKED? Photo Leaked! HOT HOT HOT!!! (Jul '12) May '14 rahul 4
More from around the web