Megan is Moving

Full story: New York Post

MEGAN Mullally, the " Will & Grace " star who jumped to talk TV this fall, is being demoted.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Jun 6, 2007
Jane Drew

Richmond Hill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2006

Good. Her show stinks.
Arby Detroit MI

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2006

The show is DROLLLL...Bring back Tony Danza...
Anna

Denmark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2007

STFU! Megan's show rocks!
Lorraine

Keilor, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2007

Her show is great! She had great guests and great humour on her show!
I'm sorry she's gone and will miss seeing her on her own show!
Tom Millan

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2007

I thought her show was different and original. Megan had a bubbly and pleasing way about herself on her talk show. She was the kind of girl alot of us would have wanted to have as a next door neighbor that we could help or could help us in any time of need. NBC executives, despite our petitions, cancelled her show anyway and put idiotic "paid infomercials" in its place. I vowed that if they cancelled her show, then I would boycott NBC via a website and in my films. NBC cancelled the show without giving her a fair chance. So, the boycott begins. The tribute website will be called "Megan, We're Right Behind You." which will a supportive fansite and an official smasher of NBC. I am working on a current indie film that will take a shot at NBC.

She will be missed but not forgotten. If I had alot of cash, I could have written enough scripts to keep her busy for at least two years. Unfortunately, I don't have the money unless I win the money in a lottery.
I think the problem was that Mullally was "typecast" by people as Karen Walker on "Will & Grace" and nobody was use to seeing her as herself which is what happened to the late John Ritter who was typecast for playing jack Tripper on "Threes Company". He tried to play other roles but the audiences could not grasp the concept in seeing Mr. Ritter in any other role aside from Jack Tripper. He finally got a break in "8 Simple Steps", but then he passed away.

If Megan was typecast, then that is not her problem- that is the audiences problem. Anyhow, her show was happy, pure, simple, and gratifying compared to "The View" or "Regis and Kelly" whatever what have you.

I will not watch any shows on NBC, nor will I watch any affiliates of theirs. Let the boycotting begin.

Sincerely,

Tom Millan
Independant Film Director and Producer
Kindred Gem Films Corp 1998
Amber

Bristol, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2007

Her show is absoloutly fabulous and so are the guests.
If anyone disagrees then you must not have give enough thought about it!
It is a pitty that it is no longer on anymore.

Amber
Megan Mullally Fan
x muzak exect

Grafton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2007

she was fired by the New World Order

Since: Feb 07

Indianapoils

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2007

I loved Will&Grace and her talk show I always watched
the show.But hopefully she'll be back on tv soon
Angie

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2007

I agree with you TOM, she'll always be typecast as Karen. When you play a role for so long, and you're so good at it, people can't let go of your character and accept you as a real person. I happen to think her show was great, Megan let her true self shine through.

Ms. Megan was great on Boston Legal and there are quite a few of us at www.megansmadams.com that are planning a trip to NY to see her in "Young Frankenstein"!

Megan will persevere and show everyone she has staying power.
Gail

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

x muzak exect wrote:
she was fired by the New World Order
You're right! That has to be it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Megan Mullally Discussions

Search the Megan Mullally Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Parks And Recreation Spoiler Clip: Christie Bri... (Dec '12) Dec '12 LOVEPR 1
'Parks and Recreations' Star Supports Same-Sex ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 snyper 2
'Will & Grace' Ends But The Pair Lives On (May '06) Dec '10 caitlyn 18
Mullally and Ray Chat It Up (Jul '09) Aug '09 Benjamin 3
Eric McCormack says Will & Grace will not be re... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Brandy 1
'Will & Grace' stars set for spin-off? (Oct '08) Jan '09 Brandy 3
Megan Mullally Turns 'Bad' for ABC - 'Will & Gr... (May '08) May '08 Sweet_and_cute 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••