Megan Mullally needs to let go of Karen Walker. Really.

Full story: AdJab
Every time I see an ad for The Megan Mullally Show , I scratch my head. Mullally , coming off her eight-year run as Karen Walker on Will & Grace , has decided to promote her new talk show by showing ads with ... Full Story
Meg_fan

Monroe, MI

#1 Jun 14, 2006
I think it works for her. A lot of people still don't know who she is, and this commercial tells people where they know her from, but show that she's taking off in a new direction. She's fabulous!
Shawna

Fairport, NY

#2 Jun 15, 2006
I dont think its that shes NOT letting go of Karen. Its her way of getting rid of her. If you watch the promos - she tells "Karen" that she cant come with her to the talk show and so on. Its her way of letting the public know that she is someone completely different then the character. She isnt as well known for being herself as much as she is for being Karen. She needs to make it clear that its "The Megan Mullally Show" not "The Karen Walker Show." Letting people see her next to Karen is great marketing and publicity. Also you have to remember - while you have seen Megan in interviews, not everyone else in the world has. Ive been a huge fan of Megan's for years and I still have people ask me - "Is that her real voice?" Its gonna pay off to have these commercials.
Megan_Mullally_F an_

Bristol, UK

#3 Feb 15, 2007
Having Karen in her ads works for her.
I think if it was just her in the ad...it would be a little plain. It is also a way of telling the fans that she no longer needs Karen.(in a way)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Megan Mullally Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parks And Recreation Spoiler Clip: Christie Bri... (Dec '12) Dec '12 LOVEPR 1
'Parks and Recreations' Star Supports Same-Sex ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 snyper 2
'Will & Grace' Ends But The Pair Lives On (May '06) Dec '10 caitlyn 18
Mullally and Ray Chat It Up (Jul '09) Aug '09 Benjamin 3
Eric McCormack says Will & Grace will not be re... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Brandy 1
'Will & Grace' stars set for spin-off? (Oct '08) Jan '09 Brandy 3
Megan Mullally Turns 'Bad' for ABC - 'Will & Gr... (May '08) May '08 Sweet_and_cute 2
More from around the web